Hello, hello

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Hello, hello

#1  Postby tinekoyd » Sep 14, 2013 10:10 am

Glad to be in the company of rational thinkers. This is the first forum I've ever joined so I'll probably need some help from time to time, I hope you don't mind.
tinekoyd
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

Re: Hello, hello

#2  Postby BlackBart » Sep 14, 2013 10:14 am

Hi tinekoyd :cheers:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby theropod » Sep 14, 2013 12:20 pm

We all need help from time to time, and this forum has such a broad spectrum of membership with both life experience and education to provide a great deal.

Welcome to the lifeboat.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Varangian » Sep 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Welcome! This is the only forum you'll ever need ;) Expect a nice welcome pack from one of the moderators, plenty of useful stuff for those not versed in forum use.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#5  Postby tinekoyd » Sep 14, 2013 1:39 pm

I don't understand the lifeboat analogy.
tinekoyd
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#6  Postby DougC » Sep 14, 2013 1:47 pm

When the old Richard Dawkins forum did a RMS Titanic impresion, the survivors ended up here.
Thus - the lifeboat.

Welcome aboard, me'hearty. :cheers:
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby theropod » Sep 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Ha, most folks don't.

Back just after the end of the last interglacial period the world's largest skeptic forum was scuttled by her captain. Many of us felt as if the deck had literally been shot from under our feet, and we were then drifting alone in the North sea (a nod to my UK betters). Thankfully one of the crew had built a lifeboat from cracker tins and a box of condoms. Some of us survived to tell the tale.

Cryptic enough?

When Richard Dawkins was brainwashed by his subordinates he ordered the end of the best rationality discussion forum the net had ever seen. Many of us had invested years of combat duty deep in the trenches and the declaration seemed a slap in the face. "LIFE", the owner of this site, saw a need and with a few very dedicated folks Rational Skepticism was born. Word got out, and thanks to a few other very good rational forums (you know who you are), this forum has flourished. I consider it an honor to be a member here.

RS

ETA: Fuck! Beaten to the punch by being "cute". Thanks Doug. :lol:
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8  Postby DougC » Sep 14, 2013 2:01 pm

theropod wrote:Ha, most folks don't.

Back just after the end of the last interglacial period the world's largest skeptic forum was scuttled by her captain. Many of us felt as if the deck had literally been shot from under our feet, and we were then drifting alone in the North sea (a nod to my UK betters). Thankfully one of the crew had built a lifeboat from cracker tins and a box of condoms. Some of us survived to tell the tale.

Cryptic enough?

When Richard Dawkins was brainwashed by his subordinates he ordered the end of the best rationality discussion forum the net had ever seen. Many of us had invested years of combat duty deep in the trenches and the declaration seemed a slap in the face. "LIFE", the owner of this site, saw a need and with a few very dedicated folks Rational Skepticism was born. Word got out, and thanks to a few other very good rational forums (you know who you are), this forum has flourished. I consider it an honor to be a member here.

RS

ETA: Fuck! Beaten to the punch by being "cute". Thanks Doug. :lol:

We will call yours the 'official' version. :thumbup:
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby cavarka9 » Sep 24, 2013 6:53 am

tinekoyd wrote:Glad to be in the company of rational thinkers. This is the first forum I've ever joined so I'll probably need some help from time to time, I hope you don't mind.

welcome :cheers:
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

Name: prajna

India (in)
Print view this post

Return to Welcome New Members