Hello!

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: DarthHelmet86, campermon

Hello!

#1  Postby pototm » Mar 30, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello everyone!
I am a newbie to forums in general but I am a reader of RS and other sceptics forums for awhile now, sadly you can find very few searching through google. Mind you I`m a happy reader of many forums but seeing the amount of trolling and especially the comments that clearly show that the commenter didn`t bother to read the comments before usually puts me off from registering.
I am a sceptic since my teens, I better like the phrase critical thinker by now. (on which I will elaborate under the related topic here: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/general-chat/the-difference-between-skepticism-and-critical-thinking-t7104.html )
I am a third year psychology student and (here is the agenda) I would like to post a link to my questionnaire as a new topic. It is for my thesis and looks for any connection between some type of belief, happiness and inspiration. Asking sceptics in particular is only a part of my data along with asking believers and a more general population. The questionnaire and the methods used is approved by my schools ethics committee, the questionnaires included are anonymous and not mine obviously and the results will be available freely trough me or the schools website.
As I see there is no psychology topic under social sciences so I would be open for suggestions where to post it. (I`m under philosophy I guess?! ) Also I have read the Welcome pack thoroughly. I am looking forward to become an active member and finally post my thoughts where I think they belong.
pototm

Name: Potom
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Hello!

#2  Postby jinxu » Mar 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Hello fellow newbie.
jinxu

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby trubble76 » Mar 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Welcome aboard :cheers:
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby chairman bill » Mar 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Welcome to RatSkep - you'll find a few of us psychologists hereabouts, and a few psychology threads. You'll also find a range of discussions about consciousness, usually started by people with some weird ideas about consciousness particles, or consciousness as proof of god(s), or similar fuckwittery. You might want to give those a miss.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby pototm » Mar 31, 2015 10:58 am

Thanks for the greetings. I will make sure to avoid time-wasting fuckwittery. Have an idea where to put my questionnaire?
pototm

Name: Potom
Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby Tangerine Dream » Apr 03, 2015 12:30 am

Not really but welcome to the forum :smoke: :cheers:
If shit was worth something, poor people would be born with no asshole.
Tangerine Dream

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Ironclad » Apr 03, 2015 8:35 am

Welcome to RatSkep :)
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator