Hi @ all

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Hi @ all

#1  Postby Locke » Dec 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi guys.
I'm a 28 year old med student from germany. My hobbies are having fun with friends, sports like volleyball and basketball, hiking, triathlon. I'm also a big fan of good movies and tv series. Well and of course all that science related shit.
Looking forward to participate in some interesting conversation, my first impression is very good and i think i found a forum worth joining.
So, if you have a medical question, don't hesitate to ask (although i guess we have a couple doctors here), I'm glad if i can help.

Let the fun begin,
Locke :drunk:


btw: The nickname is not related to John Locke. "Locke" means "hair curl" in german. Thats my nickname since I'm 10 or so.
User avatar
Locke
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 24

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#2  Postby campermon » Dec 30, 2013 5:48 pm

:wave:

Hello, and welcome into the lifeboat ! This is our greeting for all new members and contains some useful stuff for you.

If you haven't seen it already, you may want to take a look at our New Members' Welcome Pack which will give you some helpful resources such as how to modify your membership display settings, how to navigate around the forum, point you to some threads which address commonly asked questions from newbies, and gives you some handy links to other sites which will help you develop your skepticism. It also contains our forum rules, which we ask that you abide by at all times.

If you're new to this type of phpBB software on forums, you might like to take a look at our Handy Hints for Posting On The Forum, which will show you how to change your text, insert images & youtube clips, and do some other cool stuff.

And finally, as a house warming present for you, here's a few laughs for your entertainment.

:beer:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
User avatar
campermon
RS Donator
 
Posts: 17438
Age: 51
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#3  Postby Made of Stars » Dec 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi Locke. :cheers:

So your username has nothing to do with Ender's Game either, right?
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
User avatar
Made of Stars
RS Donator
 
Name: Call me Coco
Posts: 9820
Age: 53
Male

Country: Girt by sea
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#4  Postby james1v » Dec 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi! :cheers:
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
User avatar
james1v
 
Name: James.
Posts: 8953
Age: 63
Male

Country: UK
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#5  Postby surreptitious57 » Dec 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Hello there you curly German student doctor and welcome to our corner of the web

I see that you do the triathlon so you could be Scarletts trainer for her fun run next year

She needs someone to motivate her for her little jog in the park so you might just be the man

Hopefully you shall like it so much here that you will never leave. None of the others have ha ha ha
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10203

Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#6  Postby Matthew Shute » Dec 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Welcome to the lifeboat, Locke :beer:
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
User avatar
Matthew Shute
 
Name: Matthew Shute
Posts: 3676
Age: 43

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#7  Postby Locke » Dec 30, 2013 8:35 pm

Made of Stars wrote:Hi Locke. :cheers:
So your username has nothing to do with Ender's Game either, right?

Nah.
surreptitious57 wrote:
I see that you do the triathlon so you could be Scarletts trainer for her fun run next year
She needs someone to motivate her for her little jog in the park so you might just be the man

Yeah well I planned a Tough Mudder this summer and min 3 triathlons (Olympic distance of course :dopey: ) this summer. We'll see, got a lot university stuff to do next 4-5 months. If she's interested (and doesn't live more than 20 km from my place), why not :)

Thanks to all for your kind welcome.
User avatar
Locke
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 24

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#8  Postby scott1328 » Dec 30, 2013 8:39 pm

"Holder Knabe im lockigen Haar" from Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht is now running through my head. Willkommen!
User avatar
scott1328
 
Name: Some call me... Tim
Posts: 8719
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#9  Postby Imagination Theory » Dec 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Hello. :wave: What's your favorite movie?
Я пью за разоренный дом,
За злую жизнь мою,
За одиночество вдвоем,
И за тебя я пью, -
За ложь меня предавших губ,
За мертвый холод глаз,
За то, что мир жесток и груб,
За то, что Бог не спас.


Андре́евна

אני מתגעגע הביתה
User avatar
Imagination Theory
 
Posts: 5981

Botswana (bw)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#10  Postby Locke » Dec 30, 2013 10:13 pm

Damn. Way too many. Depends on my mood. And if I'm stoned :) I generally like thriller and drama.
User avatar
Locke
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 24

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#11  Postby Regina » Dec 30, 2013 10:18 pm

scott1328 wrote:"Holder Knabe im lockigen Haar" from Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht is now running through my head. Willkommen!

Ach du dicker Vater.
Hallo Locke.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina
 
Posts: 15628
Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#12  Postby Regina » Dec 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Locke wrote:Damn. Way too many. Depends on my mood. And if I'm stoned :) I generally like thriller and drama.

Nee, nee. Bekiffte Mediziner...hoffentlich nicht am Krankenbett. :hand:
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina
 
Posts: 15628
Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#13  Postby Locke » Dec 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Doch. Grundsätzlich buff ich an der Seite jedes Patienten mindestens ein mal. Bei COPDlern doppelt so gerne.
User avatar
Locke
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 24

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#14  Postby Scarlett » Dec 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi, your OP sounded a bit like you were on a dating site :tehe:

I'm the Scarlett mentioned above. I'll be 47 in Feb and I've signed up to do Tough Mudder in June. I am probably one of the most unfit people, ever, and I am more than 20 km away :cheers:
User avatar
Scarlett
 
Posts: 16046

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#15  Postby Regina » Dec 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Locke wrote:Doch. Grundsätzlich buff ich an der Seite jedes Patienten mindestens ein mal. Bei COPDlern doppelt so gerne.

Hab' ich mir gedacht. Sonst sieht man die Ärzte und Pfleger ja meistens vor der Tür rumhängen und paffen. Aber wenn mal schnell ein Bett frei werden muss...
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina
 
Posts: 15628
Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#16  Postby Regina » Dec 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Scarlett wrote:Hi, your OP sounded a bit like you were on a dating site :tehe:

I'm the Scarlett mentioned above. I'll be 47 in Feb and I've signed up to do Tough Mudder in June. I am probably one of the most unfit people, ever, and I am more than 20 km away :cheers:

Don't believe her. She's 25 and totally hot. Also "nice" :yuk:
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina
 
Posts: 15628
Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#17  Postby Locke » Dec 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Uhhh...mysterious Scarlett :naughty2:
User avatar
Locke
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 24

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#18  Postby Scarlett » Dec 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Regina wrote:
Scarlett wrote:Hi, your OP sounded a bit like you were on a dating site :tehe:

I'm the Scarlett mentioned above. I'll be 47 in Feb and I've signed up to do Tough Mudder in June. I am probably one of the most unfit people, ever, and I am more than 20 km away :cheers:

Don't believe her. She's 25 and totally hot. Also "nice" :yuk:


Aww Regi, have I told you lately that I love you? :heart:
User avatar
Scarlett
 
Posts: 16046

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#19  Postby Regina » Dec 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Scarlett wrote:
Regina wrote:
Scarlett wrote:Hi, your OP sounded a bit like you were on a dating site :tehe:

I'm the Scarlett mentioned above. I'll be 47 in Feb and I've signed up to do Tough Mudder in June. I am probably one of the most unfit people, ever, and I am more than 20 km away :cheers:

Don't believe her. She's 25 and totally hot. Also "nice" :yuk:


Aww Regi, have I told you lately that I love you? :heart:

No. And I don't want to be loved. So there. :coffee:
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina
 
Posts: 15628
Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

Re: Hi @ all

#20  Postby Evolving » Dec 30, 2013 11:08 pm

As I was saying:


Image
Last edited by Evolving on Dec 30, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
User avatar
Evolving
 
Name: Serafina Pekkala
Posts: 12022
Female

Country: Luxembourg
Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Welcome New Members

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest