Hi, I'm Gnu here.

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: DarthHelmet86, campermon

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#41  Postby scott1328 » Dec 28, 2015 6:20 pm

We're just happy the day of the week is correct most of the time.

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/feedb ... is%20wrong
User avatar
scott1328
 
Name: Some call me... Tim
Posts: 8703
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#42  Postby Gnu Ordure » Dec 28, 2015 6:55 pm

OK, I'm on page 5 of that thread where Blip says:

"GENERAL MODNOTE
The time has now been fixed. Phew!".

I'm looking forward to Blip eating humble pie.

I'm also somewhat disturbed at the hubris of Moderators who think they can "fix time".






Back to the thread...
User avatar
Gnu Ordure
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 67
Age: 67
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#43  Postby Gnu Ordure » Dec 28, 2015 7:01 pm

Twoth, page 6:

"GENERAL MODNOTE
The site-owner has been appraised of the temporal uncertainty.
"



How exciting.


Supplementary question: who is the site owner? Does he own a clock? Or she?
User avatar
Gnu Ordure
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 67
Age: 67
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#44  Postby Gnu Ordure » Dec 28, 2015 7:11 pm

OK, I finished the thread.

There are some seriously disturbed people on this Forum.





Which is a plus in my book.

But...

Blip never ate the pie, Twoth never came back, and the owner remained schtum.

And the time is still out of joint.
User avatar
Gnu Ordure
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 67
Age: 67
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#45  Postby The_Piper » Dec 28, 2015 8:19 pm

I don't get the fascination of so many people with the forum clock. We all own clocks of our own, what's the bfd?
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 28581
Age: 46
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#46  Postby Gnu Ordure » Dec 28, 2015 11:23 pm

The_Piper wrote:I don't get the fascination of so many people with the forum clock.


Well, I wouldn't describe myself as 'fascinated' by your clock, Mr P.

Merely curious that it doesn't work properly.
User avatar
Gnu Ordure
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 67
Age: 67
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#47  Postby The_Piper » Dec 28, 2015 11:55 pm

It ain't my clock. I didn't mean you...yet. :lol:
Not anyone in particular, just it's been complained about many times before and I don't get the fascination. Or attention, if you like that word better.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 28581
Age: 46
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#48  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 29, 2015 12:50 am

Me neither, don't think I've ever used the forum clock once in the years I've been here. Don't need it, got one on the wall :mrgreen:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14646
Age: 41
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#49  Postby Gnu Ordure » Dec 29, 2015 1:19 am

The_Piper wrote:It ain't my clock. I didn't mean you...yet. :lol:
Not anyone in particular, just it's been complained about many times before and I don't get the fascination. Or attention, if you like that word better.


The question is why someone would want to display an inaccurate clock which they knew to be inaccurate.

That's plain weird.

SafeAsMilk wrote:... don't think I've ever used the forum clock once in the years I've been here.


Just as well, as it's inaccurate. :)
Last edited by Gnu Ordure on Dec 29, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gnu Ordure
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 67
Age: 67
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#50  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 29, 2015 1:27 am

It's almost like they've got important things to do, right?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14646
Age: 41
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#51  Postby The_Piper » Dec 29, 2015 1:56 am

Gnu Ordure wrote:
The_Piper wrote:It ain't my clock. I didn't mean you...yet. :lol:
Not anyone in particular, just it's been complained about many times before and I don't get the fascination. Or attention, if you like that word better.


The question is why someone would want to display an inaccurate clock which they knew to be inaccurate.

If you mean someone as in anyone, I'm sure in most cases, they don't want to, but haven't gotten around to setting it. My alarm clock gets reset when the power goes out. Maybe the power went out on the forum. :lol:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 28581
Age: 46
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#52  Postby Gnu Ordure » Dec 29, 2015 12:49 pm

OK, no worries. As you say, it's not important.


So, who is the site owned by?
User avatar
Gnu Ordure
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 67
Age: 67
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#53  Postby Fallible » Dec 29, 2015 1:12 pm

LIFE
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#54  Postby BlackBart » Dec 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Gnu Ordure wrote:
I'm looking forward to Blip eating humble pie.


I heard that she'd been gnawing on Peter Frampton but that was just a vicious rumour.


...that I started. :shifty:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#55  Postby Nostalgia » Dec 29, 2015 2:49 pm

We're not even sure time exists as a quantity. Broken clock? Maybe it's come to the same conclusion.

But welcome Mr Ordeure. :cheers:
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
User avatar
Nostalgia
 
Posts: 9266
Age: 35
Male

Country: Earth
Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Hi, I'm Gnu here.

#56  Postby Gnu Ordure » Dec 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Fallible wrote:LIFE
OK, thanks. I'll be nice to him then.

BlackBart wrote:
Gnu Ordure wrote:
I'm looking forward to Blip eating humble pie.
I heard that she'd been gnawing on Peter Frampton but that was just a vicious rumour.


...that I started. :shifty:
That takes me back. As does Viv Stanshall...

Nostalgia wrote:We're not even sure time exists as a quantity. Broken clock? Maybe it's come to the same conclusion.
It's certainly a variable; so maybe the Forum is just travelling faster than I am?

But welcome Mr Ordeure. :cheers:
Thank you. But if you spell my name wrong again I'll have to track you down and disembowel you. Family honour demands it. Sorry, I don't make the rules.
User avatar
Gnu Ordure
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 67
Age: 67
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Welcome New Members

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest