Hi

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: DarthHelmet86, campermon

Hi

#1  Postby question period » Dec 01, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm a skeptic that mostly focuses on trying to debunk the stupid conspiracy theories I see all over the Internet that have been driving me mad.

So many conspiracy theorists seem to just run amok with very few people countering their claims and all sorts of believers to seemingly confirm their ideas. I like to skeptically examine some of these things.
question period

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Hi

#2  Postby NamelessFaceless » Dec 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Welcome! :cheers:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby laklak » Dec 01, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi question period, welcome to the forum!
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 01, 2015 10:50 pm

question period wrote:I'm a skeptic that mostly focuses on trying to debunk the stupid conspiracy theories I see all over the Internet that have been driving me mad.

So many conspiracy theorists seem to just run amok with very few people countering their claims and all sorts of believers to seemingly confirm their ideas. I like to skeptically examine some of these things.

In which case, you'll either have a field day in the requisite forum sections, or blow an artery. :mrgreen:

Hopefully the former will be the case. Though some here have already laid some groundwork down with respect to the matter of debunking assorted piles of shite.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby question period » Dec 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Thanks, everyone!

Calilasseia wrote:

In which case, you'll either have a field day in the requisite forum sections, or blow an artery. :mrgreen:

Hopefully the former will be the case. Though some here have already laid some groundwork down with respect to the matter of debunking assorted piles of shite.

Haha...sounds like fun! I've been seeing a lot of crap on the Internet these days. It almost seems like I can't go a day without conspiracy theories clogging up my Google searches. I'm looking forward to having some discussions about it with everyone.
question period

Print view this post

#6  Postby Doubtdispelled » Dec 02, 2015 12:04 am

question period wrote:Thanks, everyone!

Calilasseia wrote:

Haha...sounds like fun! I've been seeing a lot of crap on the Internet these days. It almost seems like I can't go a day without conspiracy theories clogging up my Google searches. I'm looking forward to having some discussions about it with everyone.

I think I may have to apologise in advance just in case this turns out to be a stupid question, so.... Sorry.

What on earth do you use google to search for, daily, such that your results are clogged up with conspiracy theories?

My mind is boggling! I hope you can put it to rest.

:cheers:
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

― Mark Twain
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#7  Postby Made of Stars » Dec 02, 2015 9:47 am

Welcome. :cheers:
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Return to Welcome New Members