I just ran into stevebee92653

Please help me calm down

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: DarthHelmet86, campermon

Re: I just ran into stevebee92653

#21  Postby CADman2300 » Feb 08, 2015 11:23 pm

Steve's been pretty quiet lately and I'm surprised he still hasn't tried to come back onto this forum under a slightly different username. His latest attempt to really challenge science was this little romp. http://evoillusion.org/i-debate-evillusionists/3693-2/

Steve has definitely hit an all-time low if he thinks that trolling someone reputable is gonna earn him any points. His book certainly hasn't gotten him any recognition and it's been out for a while now. Of course, most scientists never review books if they're published by a group that never proof-reads anything that they put out. Xlibris must be one of those groups.
CADman2300

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Thommo » Feb 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Well... I enjoyed reading the blue parts. Yet another proof of the intellect, patience and good nature of random biology professors at US colleges.
Thommo

Print view this post

#23  Postby ADParker » Feb 09, 2015 12:38 am

Yes, Xlibris is a "self-publishing" company. Pay them and they will print and distribute whatever you hand them.
Reason Over Faith
ADParker
RS Donator

Name: Andrew
Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#24  Postby ElDiablo » Feb 09, 2015 5:12 am

CADman2300 wrote:Steve's been pretty quiet lately and I'm surprised he still hasn't tried to come back onto this forum under a slightly different username. His latest attempt to really challenge science was this little romp. http://evoillusion.org/i-debate-evillusionists/3693-2/

Steve has definitely hit an all-time low if he thinks that trolling someone reputable is gonna earn him any points. His book certainly hasn't gotten him any recognition and it's been out for a while now. Of course, most scientists never review books if they're published by a group that never proof-reads anything that they put out. Xlibris must be one of those groups.

Part of David Brash's reply
But something tells me that disputing with you won’t avail anything.

Steve responds...
You cannot dispute me scientifically since no person on Earth can.

:rofl:
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#25  Postby hackenslash » Feb 09, 2015 8:05 am

I think it's cute. He's like the cretinist version of the little engine that could. Except, of course, he can't, because he's a fucking moron with no idea of what he's banging on about.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#26  Postby Made of Stars » Feb 09, 2015 10:34 am

hackenslash wrote:I think it's cute. He's like the cretinist version of the little engine that could. Except, of course, he can't, because he's a fucking moron with no idea of what he's banging on about.

He deserves his own little vignette in the Wikipedia entry on the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Shrunk » Feb 09, 2015 3:16 pm

Thommo wrote:Well... I enjoyed reading the blue parts. Yet another proof of the intellect, patience and good nature of random biology professors at US colleges.

What's funny is how Steve typeset the text of his own response, in bright red and with no paragraph breaks or line spacings, so that is practically illegible and looks like the rantings of an unhinged stalker. Hilarious!
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby hackenslash » Feb 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Pretty interesting that he cast the prof's text in the same colour he used to reserve for his own text here, as well.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#29  Postby ElDiablo » Feb 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Can you imagine his outrage when the publisher of his book told him black was the only text color choice.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#30  Postby hackenslash » Feb 09, 2015 5:10 pm

:lol:
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#31  Postby Rumraket » Feb 09, 2015 5:41 pm

This is almost too good to be true. The man is a parody of himself.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#32  Postby Nostalgia » Feb 09, 2015 10:53 pm

He must loath that Ratskep gets such a high Page Ranking.

Welcome to the lifeboat OrionRed! :cheers:
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Welcome New Members