I'm new, decided to join after a video of Erin Green Hicks

she is a pathetic fraud

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

I'm new, decided to join after a video of Erin Green Hicks

#1  Postby danmo783 » Oct 29, 2013 12:28 am

Good day all. I found a link to this website typing in Erin Green Hicks fraud on Google. I watched about 10 minutes of the video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Vij4LsVO4) and then skipped around a tad. For a half human/half alien from a parallel dimension related to billionaires, she doesn't have much charisma and appears to be pre-scripted. Either way, she is most definitely full of shit and I couldn't stop laughing. Anyone watched this and have anything to say?
danmo783

Name: Daniel

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: I'm new, decided to join after a video of Erin Green Hicks

#2  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 29, 2013 2:44 am

I honestly can't tell if she's lying or not, I'm tempted to say she's just crazy.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby allen » Oct 29, 2013 12:22 pm

She is just crazy about that. Not matter she is right or not..?
allen
Banned Spammer

Name: alllen

Print view this post

#4  Postby THWOTH » Oct 29, 2013 1:43 pm

:wave:

Hello danmo783 and allen, and welcome into the lifeboat ! This is our greeting for all new members and contains some useful stuff for you.

If you haven't seen it already, you may want to take a look at our New Members' Welcome Pack which will give you some helpful resources such as how to modify your membership display settings, how to navigate around the forum, point you to some threads which address commonly asked questions from newbies, and gives you some handy links to other sites which will help you develop your skepticism. It also contains our forum rules, which we ask that you abide by at all times.

If you're new to this type of phpBB software on forums, you might like to take a look at our Handy Hints for Posting On The Forum, which will show you how to change your text, insert images & youtube clips, and do some other cool stuff.

And finally, as a house warming present for you, here's a few laughs for your entertainment.

:beer:
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Emmeline » Oct 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi - we've had the topic before from a new member
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/gener ... 39960.html

& lots of other new members joined in - some with only one post & never to return. :ask:
Emmeline

Print view this post

#6  Postby NamelessFaceless » Oct 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Welcome! :cheers:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby SwallowThePill » Nov 01, 2013 7:20 pm

danmo783 wrote:...Anyone watched this and have anything to say?

Oh yes, I certainly have and fwiw, I sure do (and intend to). Beforehand, however, it seems the most basic of etiquette that I say hello.

Since I too felt compelled to join following exposure to Erin-Green-Hicks-Rothschild-Sinclair-et al, starting a whole new thread seemed wasteful and I figured I'd just offer salutations on this one.

THWOTH wrote:: If you haven't seen it already, you may want to take a look at our New Members' Welcome Pack which will give you some helpful resources ...It also contains our forum rules, which we ask that you abide by at all times.

Please forgive the transgression if this greeting is premature. Admittedly, I haven't examined the Welcome Pack yet because I didn't want to risk forgetting the finer points of what I'd like to contribute to this discussion. It's clear now that the best plan would be to make some notes as reminders and peruse the forum rules before further posting - I should maybe even have deleted this one, but what can I say, I got excited. :shifty:

Emmeline wrote:Hi - we've had the topic before from a new member
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/gener ... 39960.html & lots of other new members joined in - some with only one post & never to return. :ask:

I should say up front that while I will endeavor not to repeat this (it has been my intention to join up for some time), I may regrettably end up doing so in the short term. Should this occur, let me explain beforehand that I'm really, really trying to be disciplined enough to finish my [long overdue] dissertation, already (srsly, it's pathetic). I won't say how long ago I should have been done because it's completely shameful. :? Suffice it to say, I'm prone to hyper-focused distraction and I have absolutely got to cut the crapola. So should I find I'm hanging around too much, I may need to cut myself off for a time - in that case, though, rest assured I'll be back. If there is one thing I cannot stay away from, it's good critical/scientifically-minded discourse.

I actually can't think of a more genuine or a more appropriate way to introduce myself than that last sentence up there, so I shall leave it at that for now.

I look forward to communicating with everyone.

:)
SwallowThePill

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Welcome New Members