Introduction

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: DarthHelmet86, campermon

Introduction

#1  Postby RightRingAgnostic » Apr 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Hello,
I am an Agnostic that falls on the far right of the political spectrum. My worldview is Nihilism, which is a bit strange, considering my political views. I renounced all beliefs I held previously because I realized that I was, in fact, an Agnostic. Anyway, I am currently studying Sociology (in college) and Anthropology (on my own).
User avatar
RightRingAgnostic
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Adam Fernandes
Posts: 8

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Introduction

#2  Postby ElDiablo » Apr 24, 2016 12:25 am

:cheers: Welcome.
God is silly putty.
User avatar
ElDiablo
 
Posts: 3099

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#3  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 24, 2016 7:45 am

Welcome! If you don't mind my asking; do you believe one or more gods exist?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28441
Age: 28
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#4  Postby RightRingAgnostic » Apr 24, 2016 8:32 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Welcome! If you don't mind my asking; do you believe one or more gods exist?


I am uncertain. Even if a god or several gods existed, I wouldn't care.
User avatar
RightRingAgnostic
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Adam Fernandes
Posts: 8

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#5  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 24, 2016 8:40 pm

RightRingAgnostic wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:Welcome! If you don't mind my asking; do you believe one or more gods exist?


I am uncertain. Even if a god or several gods existed, I wouldn't care.

Do you hold the belief that one or more gods exist.
It's a yes or no question about what you believe, not about what you know.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28441
Age: 28
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#6  Postby RightRingAgnostic » Apr 24, 2016 9:52 pm

I already answered your question. I am uncertain.
User avatar
RightRingAgnostic
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Adam Fernandes
Posts: 8

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#7  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 24, 2016 10:17 pm

RightRingAgnostic wrote:I already answered your question. I am uncertain.

Certainty relates to knowledge, not belief.
A person either believes a god or gods exist or they don't. It's true dichotomy and independent of whether you claim to have knoweldge on the subject.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28441
Age: 28
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Introduction

#8  Postby scott1328 » Apr 24, 2016 10:28 pm

If right ring is uncertain if he believes, then he does not believe.
User avatar
scott1328
 
Name: Some call me... Tim
Posts: 7986
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#9  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 24, 2016 10:49 pm

scott1328 wrote:If right ring is uncertain if he believes, then he does not believe.

He does not appear to realise this however.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28441
Age: 28
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#10  Postby RightRingAgnostic » Apr 24, 2016 10:58 pm

I do. If I stated I rejected all beliefs, I do not believe
User avatar
RightRingAgnostic
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Adam Fernandes
Posts: 8

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#11  Postby The_Piper » Apr 24, 2016 11:23 pm

Howdy :cheers:
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 24100
Age: 43
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#12  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 25, 2016 7:55 am

RightRingAgnostic wrote:I do. If I stated I rejected all beliefs, I do not believe

Ah, so you're an atheist, as well as an agnostic. Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbup:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28441
Age: 28
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#13  Postby RightRingAgnostic » Apr 25, 2016 12:23 pm

No problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
User avatar
RightRingAgnostic
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Adam Fernandes
Posts: 8

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#14  Postby chairman bill » Apr 25, 2016 12:29 pm

Far right politics, and a fasces as your avatar; are you a very conservative lictor, or would you call yourself a fascist?
Socialists: winning the fight against people-hating fascists of the right & (alleged) centre.
User avatar
chairman bill
RS Donator
 
Posts: 28091
Male

Country: UK: fucked since 2010
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#15  Postby NineBerry » Apr 25, 2016 12:38 pm

chairman bill wrote:Far right politics, and a fasces as your avatar; are you a very conservative lictor, or would you call yourself a fascist?


Have you just asked him whether he is a faggot? :grin:
User avatar
NineBerry
RS Donator
 
Posts: 5748
Age: 40
Male

Country: nSk
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Introduction

#16  Postby SkyMutt » Apr 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Hello and welcome to RationalSkepticism, RightRingAgnostic.

chairman bill wrote:Far right politics, and a fasces as your avatar; are you a very conservative lictor, or would you call yourself a fascist?


Of course I can't answer your question, but I can tell you that our new member's avatar is not merely a representation of a fasces, it was the flag of Mussolini's Partito Nazionale Fascista.
Serious, but not entirely serious.

"The charm of a man is measured by the charm of the women who think he is a scoundrel."
— H. L. Mencken
User avatar
SkyMutt
 
Posts: 797
Age: 59
Male

Country: United States
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#17  Postby scott1328 » Apr 25, 2016 2:33 pm

That ought to sit well with the site owner who resides in Germany.
User avatar
scott1328
 
Name: Some call me... Tim
Posts: 7986
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#18  Postby chairman bill » Apr 25, 2016 3:05 pm

SkyMutt wrote:Of course I can't answer your question, but I can tell you that our new member's avatar is not merely a representation of a fasces, it was the flag of Mussolini's Partito Nazionale Fascista.


Yeah, I know. The lictor bit was a joke :smile:
Socialists: winning the fight against people-hating fascists of the right & (alleged) centre.
User avatar
chairman bill
RS Donator
 
Posts: 28091
Male

Country: UK: fucked since 2010
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#19  Postby Columbus » Apr 25, 2016 5:42 pm

RightRingAgnostic wrote:Hello,
I am an Agnostic that falls on the far right of the political spectrum. My worldview is Nihilism, which is a bit strange, considering my political views. I renounced all beliefs I held previously because I realized that I was, in fact, an Agnostic. Anyway, I am currently studying Sociology (in college) and Anthropology (on my own).

Greetings RightRingAgnostic! Nice to have you join us.

I'm like you in a few ways. I'm far more conservative than most people here. And I am not a New Atheist, I don't claim to know a thing about God.
Welcome.
Tom
Nothing real can be threatened
Nothing unreal exists
Herein lies the peace of God
User avatar
Columbus
 
Name: Tom
Posts: 565
Age: 59
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Introduction

#20  Postby Columbus » Apr 25, 2016 5:45 pm

NineBerry wrote:
chairman bill wrote:Far right politics, and a fasces as your avatar; are you a very conservative lictor, or would you call yourself a fascist?


Have you just asked him whether he is a faggot? :grin:

Have you got a problem with faggots, buddy?
If so, I've got a problem for you.
:grin:
Tom
Nothing real can be threatened
Nothing unreal exists
Herein lies the peace of God
User avatar
Columbus
 
Name: Tom
Posts: 565
Age: 59
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Welcome New Members

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest