Letting people know where to find us

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Letting people know where to find us

#141  Postby Keep It Real » Dec 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Hiya Lucid; I was posting as "Pragmatix"...I'm unsure whether to inflict the Yulin thread on peeps here or not...
"Jesus had a bad weekend for our sins." - Julia Sweeney
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#142  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 28, 2017 10:33 pm

Oh, haha. Pragmatix. Cool stuff :thumbup:
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#143  Postby The_Piper » Dec 28, 2017 11:50 pm

Good name for a band. They'd tour with anyone.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#144  Postby Keep It Real » Dec 29, 2017 12:02 am

You calling me a slut Piper?
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#145  Postby Keep It Real » Dec 29, 2017 12:17 am

Goose Green 82 baby - just doing what I thought was right at the time....like I don't love you lot :roll:
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#146  Postby The_Piper » Dec 29, 2017 12:23 am

Keep It Real wrote:You calling me a slut Piper?

No Pragmatix, they must be pragmatists. Looking that up I guess I was using a slightly different definition for the word (willing to work with someone to find common ground) than the actual one.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#147  Postby Keep It Real » Dec 29, 2017 12:26 am

Please don't call me Pragmatix on our forum. KIR
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#148  Postby The_Piper » Dec 29, 2017 1:15 am

Keep It Real wrote:Please don't call me Pragmatix on our forum. KIR

Ok. I didn't call you pragmatix, I was telling you what I meant by it being a good band name. Because you asked if I called you a slut.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#149  Postby Keep It Real » Dec 29, 2017 1:20 am

Goose Green 82 mentality - that is the primary inspiration for me. Killing Joke. Tune.

Keep It Real

Print view this post

#150  Postby Keep It Real » Dec 29, 2017 1:34 am

I ain't calling you gay btw Piper; just taking the piss out of how people are afraid to be friendly. Not like u fam, nor me; bigupz
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#151  Postby Keep It Real » Dec 29, 2017 3:06 am

There are some new ones sur:

Negative (-2): Obnoxious twat. Drinking Beverage
Revenant77x (131) - Last updated Yesterday, 11:10 PM

Negative (-1): Yawn, when not being a bore is whining
julep (56) - Last updated Yesterday, 03:12 AM

Negative (-3): Condescending, racist whiner.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#152  Postby The_Piper » Dec 29, 2017 4:18 am

Keep It Real wrote:I ain't calling you gay btw Piper; just taking the piss out of how people are afraid to be friendly. Not like u fam, nor me; bigupz

No problem. I don't really understand what you're trying to say in the rest of the post or the one before it. :lol:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#153  Postby Ironclad » Dec 30, 2017 3:15 am

Shaker's? Tits? Caps lock! CAPS LOCK!

I missed the post that got removed; would you care to PM me your carefully constructed bullshit so I can have a chuckle at whatever tangent you have created for the viewers this time? You can always pretend you sent it, as it's not for my benefit anyway, I'll agree I received and read it and thought it was bollox. It'll save time.
:smoke:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#154  Postby Fallible » Dec 30, 2017 7:29 am

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/new-members/letting-people-know-where-to-find-us-t66-120.html#p2606068

Continuing with the lies, I see. You flail in here out of the blue, target me and proceed to spend probably hours concocting a post full of complete shit, accusing me of all manner of heinous acts, all totally unfalsifiable. I'm not allowed to ask for clarification, as this is characterised as me continuing to act innocent, in accordance with your unfalsifiable theory.

You won't answer any direct questions, just continue to pull the passive aggressive 'you know what you did' bullshit. You throw out another fishing line by asking me how some person is like I should know who she is (that's from your reply to my deleted post which you claim not to have read), and again dodge answering my question.

Now you insinuate that I am overreacting by using caps, like that is somehow an indication of a loss of control when some randomer has spent hours personally attacking me out of nowhere with a gish gallop of lies.

You have no purpose in this thread other than to troll. If you did, you would not be taking the tack you currently are, which is one of bored nonchalance towards the shitstorm you tried and failed to start. You're the one who was so incensed by my behaviour over years that you simply could not hold back any longer, remember? You're the one outraged by the way I have schemed and actually drawn up plans, made people leave in distress. You're the white knight come to speak up for the disenfranchised, those driven from their homes in the dead of night by my barbaric troops. The irony of the situation fails to penetrate your skull, apparently - namely, you are acting far more unpleasantly here than I ever have by creating a story that I have no way of refuting, and twisting any response to fit it. You even think you can neutralise the comments of my own husband by claiming he would defend me because he's married to me. That's also the reason he knows me and my actions better than you could ever hope to, and one of the many reasons why your rantings are worth fuck all.

All you ever wanted to do here was impotently rant at me for some shit you half think I've done to your buddies but don't have the evidence for (except, one suspects, the butthurt whinings of said buddies). I'm a prominent pain in the arse, so an easy target. Now you've exhausted yourself, you're content to leave your steaming shit just lying there. What a noble individual you are. You may even get a few people who respond emotionally to any challenge to agree with you.

Your type of insidious bullying doesn't work on me, Ironclad. Under all the laughable melodrama of your accusations, you have nothing to say. Now see if you can stick to your word this time, and move on. But don't forget to make sure I know by telling me!
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#155  Postby Ironclad » Jan 11, 2018 10:45 pm

So boring.

Just remind yourself every once in a while, maybe playing the victim card too heavily could wear a bit thin and or be transparent. IIRC a few days ago you pulled two victim cards in one paragraph - gender, and minority.
Protesteth too much?
You get caught out being mean to others, have it clearly explained, you accuse the detractor of bullying.. it's so dull. Spy v Spy lol

Look, I'm up for the long haul if you so fancy. Kiore had pointed out via modnote that there can be no proven case, so that's empowering for you and you may retaliate and spit fire with gusto eh; my words are unlikely to gain weight, so we carry on throwing snowballs across the yard. But.. it means so little, to me anyway, from where I'm sitting you have nothing left and I don't care, I said what I felt necessary (after years of holding back) and it's done.

I really don't wish to pull you apart, upset you or your husband or cause deeper harm. I don't. Really. I just want to see this (often unseen) bullying business stop. And I will halt too. I promise.

Lastly, lol maybe, passive-aggressive? You clearly are not familiar with the term, I have been very open with my thoughts and pointed them right at you. If you believe that I have not explained myself to you, and clearly, feel free to fill me in.

:wave:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#156  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Ironclad wrote:So boring.

Just remind yourself every once in a while, maybe playing the victim card too heavily could wear a bit thin and or be transparent. IIRC a few days ago you pulled two victim cards in one paragraph - gender, and minority.
Protesteth too much?
You get caught out being mean to others, have it clearly explained, you accuse the detractor of bullying.. it's so dull. Spy v Spy lol

Look, I'm up for the long haul if you so fancy. Kiore had pointed out via modnote that there can be no proven case, so that's empowering for you and you may retaliate and spit fire with gusto eh; my words are unlikely to gain weight, so we carry on throwing snowballs across the yard. But.. it means so little, to me anyway, from where I'm sitting you have nothing left and I don't care, I said what I felt necessary (after years of holding back) and it's done.

I really don't wish to pull you apart, upset you or your husband or cause deeper harm. I don't. Really. I just want to see this (often unseen) bullying business stop. And I will halt too. I promise.

Lastly, lol maybe, passive-aggressive? You clearly are not familiar with the term, I have been very open with my thoughts and pointed them right at you. If you believe that I have not explained myself to you, and clearly, feel free to fill me in.

:wave:

It's rather passive-agressive to feign disinterest and yet post entire paragraphs about someone else's behaviour and short comings.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#157  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 11, 2018 10:53 pm

A lack of interest/uninterested Thomas. Disinterested means not financially involved.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#158  Postby LucidFlight » Jan 11, 2018 11:01 pm

What dictionary are you using, KiR?
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#159  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Keep It Real wrote:A lack of interest/uninterested Thomas. Disinterested means not financially involved.

I'm always happy if someone corrects in a non-hostile manner, but in this case your correction isn't completely accurate:
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/disinterested

2 Having or feeling no interest in something; uninterested.
‘her father was so disinterested in her progress that he only visited the school once’
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#160  Postby scott1328 » Jan 11, 2018 11:34 pm

And so its still open season on Fallible. Good job mod team. It’s a tight ship you run here.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome New Members