No cause for alarm

Let's put this unpleasantness behind us

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

No cause for alarm

#1  Postby Sock Puppet » Oct 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Hello Ratskeppers,

Thought I'd introduce myself, mainly to head off speculations on whose sockpuppet I am.

Answer: Nobody's. Nobody's hand is up my ass, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I just like this username. I started using it over 10 years ago and I still like it because I'm somewhat easily amused. My "home" board is Freethought Forum. (I am not trying to forum-poach; I have nothing to do with the ownership of that board. Don't go there 'cause you probably won't like it.)

I'm also kind of an asshole, at least when I think I have a reasonable complaint. I've become accustomed to more lenient content moderation. Not that I can't behave -- I just prefer not to. Still, for some obscure reason, I take user agreements seriously, so I'll do my best, although that may take the form of not posting much. Especially with a lack of ignore functions (I just spent waaaay too long trying to find the Friend/Foe links before realizing they're not in use here). I actually don't get riled up too easily, although there are certain personality types that set my teeth on edge.

Let's see, can I say anything positive? There's some stuff I like. I'm sort of a grammar nerd, although that has faded a bit since I haven't been in college for decades and I'm lazy. I have a wife and a kid around here somewhere. The pug is easier to spot because she hangs around underfoot.
Sock Puppet

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: No cause for alarm

#2  Postby Adco » Oct 28, 2015 8:29 pm

Sock it to me, baby.....

Welcome! Have a groovy time.
god must love stupid people - he made so many of them
Adco

Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Ironclad » Oct 28, 2015 8:33 pm

:wave:

Hello, and welcome into the lifeboat ! This is our greeting for all new members and contains some useful stuff for you.

If you haven't seen it already, you may want to take a look at our New Members' Welcome Pack which will give you some helpful resources such as how to modify your membership display settings, how to navigate around the forum, point you to some threads which address commonly asked questions from newbies, and gives you some handy links to other sites which will help you develop your skepticism. It also contains our forum rules, which we ask that you abide by at all times.

If you're new to this type of phpBB software on forums, you might like to take a look at our Handy Hints for Posting On The Forum, which will show you how to change your text, insert images & youtube clips, and do some other cool stuff.

And finally, as a house warming present for you, here's a few laughs for your entertainment.

:beer:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#4  Postby NamelessFaceless » Oct 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Welcome! :cheers:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby laklak » Oct 29, 2015 2:53 pm

Welcome to the Monkey House.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Return to Welcome New Members