Problem Accessing Forum from Smart Phone

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: DarthHelmet86, campermon

Problem Accessing Forum from Smart Phone

#1  Postby duvduv » Jan 22, 2017 10:52 pm

I am sorry for posting here, but I have not had any reply when writing the moderators from the message feature (which for some reason claims to send a message but leaves a copy in the outbox).
Recently when trying to access the forum from my Smartphone after logging in the site defaults back every time to the log in page. There must be some kind of a bug somewhere. If a moderator could clarify these two issues I'd be very appreciative.
duvduv

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Problem Accessing Forum from Smart Phone

#2  Postby Weaver » Jan 23, 2017 2:32 pm

I just logged in successfully from my iPhone 6S+ without any problems.

I think you likely need to provide more details of what system you're using for people to try to troubleshoot.

As to the message system "leaving a copy in the outbox" - yes, that is normal, that is where an outgoing message sits until it is opened by an intended recipient. It's simultaneously there and showing as a new message in their inbox. After they open it, it leaves your outbox and resides only in their inbox (or wherever else they move it to). This gives you the capability to edit or delete an unread message.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby duvduv » Jan 23, 2017 3:07 pm

I use a Motorola Droid Mini and Chrome. I never had any problems until about a couple of weeks ago. What information should I provide? I just tried on the phone now and the same thing happened again. It logs me in and then immediately reverses back to the log in page where it says to log in or register. It repeats no matter how many times I try it.
I had sent a message to a moderator named Life, but have not heard anything. Apparently Life has not opened the message because it's still in my outbox.
duvduv

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Weaver » Jan 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Well, simply saying you're using Chrome is helpful, as it makes it easier, in theory, to recreate the problem ...

However, I just tried using my iPhone and Chrome, and had no problems logging in and being taken properly to the Board Index page.

Maybe try closing your Chrome browser on the phone, reboot the phone, and try again? Could be a cookies issue or something like that.
Retired AiF

Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby duvduv » Jan 23, 2017 4:48 pm

I tried closing, rebooting, and nothing helped. There must be a bug in the login process. The only alternative I can think of is to reregister with a new name and password and see what happens then. When the login works it stays there for a second or two and then just reverts back to the login/register page. Very strange. As I mentioned, it only started about 2 weeks ago
duvduv

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Weaver » Jan 23, 2017 7:54 pm

It would be a very strange bug to cause problems for your phone using Chrome and not for mine.

I've reported this thread to help ensure the Mods see it soon - maybe one of them has an idea. I'll also reach out over other channels.
Retired AiF

Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Fenrir » Jan 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Might be a dumb question, but have you checked "request desktop site" in the pulldown at top right in Chrome?

Needs to be repeated whenever you open a new tab.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 23, 2017 11:07 pm

I can't duplicate this behavior, either.
My new website is up. Who wants to be a contributor?

I AM Skepdickus!

https://www.skepdick.us/blog/
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby duvduv » Jan 24, 2017 9:44 pm

I am on my desktop now after trying on the phone, and nothing has changed. It tells me that I logged on fine, and two seconds later it goes back to the login/register page.
duvduv

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Weaver » Jan 25, 2017 12:43 am

Have you recently applied some sort of app or widget which blocks cookies on both devices?
Retired AiF

Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby duvduv » Jan 25, 2017 6:35 am

It has been resolved only after I checked to log me in automatically at each visit. I don't know why this makes a difference but it does.
duvduv

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Welcome New Members