The Fascist Moderator on the David Icke Forum

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

The Fascist Moderator on the David Icke Forum

#1  Postby Passer » Apr 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Not sure where this should go so I took a chance here

Well, I can now officially place it in my signature

"I was banned from the David Icke forum for asking for evidence due to certain posters making unsubstantiated claims"

That's quite ironic

But the real sad fact, is that a moderator literally followed me around for two days, continually telling me to stop asking for evidence. Then, in a post, made a personal remark about me, to which I asked what he meant. He then proceeded to ban me

Well, on behalf of all sane, and rational thinkers, I would just like to go on record as saying

F@ck you small minded fascist - and the horse you rode in on. You've just done me a massive favour

That's the trouble with 'freedom of speech', it's all cool and groovy until someone starts to use it.

Anyone else encountered anything similar?
Last edited by Passer on Apr 18, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The Fascist Moderators on the David Icke Forum

#2  Postby Matt_B » Apr 17, 2013 3:01 pm

In all honesty, I'm not surprised. I wouldn't expect the David Icke forum to be a place where reality applies much, let alone the conventions of rational discourse.
Matt_B

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Passer » Apr 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Matt_B wrote:In all honesty, I'm not surprised. I wouldn't expect the David Icke forum to be a place where reality applies much, let alone the conventions of rational discourse.

I'm actually very surprised it took so long

I don't mind it when folk make wild outlandish claims, that is up to them, but when they personally abuse you for asking for evidence.

Shit, all of it.
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Macky Avelli » Apr 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Passer wrote:Not sure where this should go so I took a chance here

"I was banned from the David Icke forum for asking for evidence due to certain posters making unsubstantiated claims"

That's quite ironic

But the real sad fact, is that a moderation known as 'Ex sheep', literally followed me arond for two days, continually telling me to stop asking for evidence. Then, in a post, made a personal remark about me, to which I asked what he meant. He then proceeded to ban me

Well, on behalf of all sane, and rational thinkers, I would just like to go on record as saying

F@ck you small minded fascist - and the horse you rode in on. You've just done me a massive favour

That's the trouble with 'freedom of speech', it's all cool and groovy until someone starts to use it.

Yes. It happened to me too. Same moderator too
Macky Avelli
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#5  Postby Passer » Apr 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Macky Avelli wrote:

That's quite ironic

But the real sad fact, is that a moderation known as 'Ex sheep', literally followed me arond for two days, continually telling me to stop asking for evidence. Then, in a post, made a personal remark about me, to which I asked what he meant. He then proceeded to ban me

He did?

Wow, what a cowardly little hitler he is
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Macky Avelli » Apr 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Passer wrote:
Macky Avelli wrote:

That's quite ironic

He did?

Wow, what a cowardly little hitler he is

Do you have a link to the thread in question?
Macky Avelli
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#7  Postby Passer » Apr 17, 2013 3:56 pm

It's a big 43 page thread, but perfectly highlights the vagaries of dealing with a fundamentalist mind set.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241326
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Macky Avelli » Apr 17, 2013 4:06 pm

What was your username? I want to see what exactly happened.
Macky Avelli
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#9  Postby Passer » Apr 17, 2013 5:00 pm

1ndividua1
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Passer » Apr 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Just noticed under my username it says 'Temporary Suspended'

Oooh lucky me
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Macky Avelli » Apr 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Yes I saw that too. I looked through the last few pages of that thread and I didn't see anyone banned, and then I noticed that someone was suspended. You weren't banned, dude, they just suspended you. I guess it must have gotten out of hand somehow and they probably deleted some posts too. I say that because there doesn't seem to have been any arguing or anything like that. So I reckon some posts were deleted. Yours, I would imagine. Which is very odd because they do let people speak their mind, more so than lots of other forums, but they don't like people being disruptive. So my guess is that they thought you were being disruptive.

I was banned because I totally lost my rag. I can't say it was all my fault but with hindsight I think it was fair.
Macky Avelli
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#12  Postby Passer » Apr 17, 2013 9:07 pm

I'll be totally honest with you, and I really have no reason not to be. Nobody knows me here, hardly, I've no internet 'reputation' to uphold, I've nothing to hide. Yes the abuse was both ways, but there were four of them and they kind of gang up on 'materialists' as they like to label. They were a lot more, how can I put it, bitchy? Seriously, how on earth none of them got so much as a warning, I'll never know. Actually, I think one of them did, but long story short, they were the hard asses

And yes, they do delete posts, I've seen it done a few times now, and I think if David Icke knew what was going on, he wouldn't be impressed

Fascist fundamentalists best sums it up
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Macky Avelli » Apr 17, 2013 10:29 pm

I get what you're saying. But it is their "territory" so to speak so you have to be careful. I can't remember who wrote the post, possibly Ex Sheep himself, but it was mentioned that if anyone disagrees with them it's best not to let disputes go on and on for ages, the reason being that their job (or however you want to think of it) is to uncover the conspiracy, and that if a thread doesn't "resonate" (that was the word used) with someone, they should just drop it and move onto another thread. I can understand that in a way. If their conspiracies are real, or even if they're not, I can see why they would take it seriously enough to want to keep focussed on solutions. It's like if a non feminist went on a feminist forum, the difference in ideology would be so vast that after a point both sides would be at loggerheads to the extent that it would cease to be productive, and we all know how hard it is to have a fully constructive debate on internet forums as it is, so from that perspective I can sort of see why they don't like arguments to linger. The same kind of thing applies here too, I'm thinking specifically about holocaust denial being against the rules. I can imagine the chaos that would ensue if someone said that it didn't happen. Can you debate against a holocaust denier? Sure, but think how chaotic such a debate would turn out to be if allowed. Could the David Ickers have debated with you for longer? Yes of course, but I'm guessing that the mods could see where it was going and decided to warn you, then suspend you. I wouldn't even worry about it. Just go back on when your suspension is done, and maybe try a different approach. Anyway it was only a suspension.
Macky Avelli
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#14  Postby surreptitious57 » Apr 18, 2013 1:04 am

Passer wrote:
Anyone else encountered anything similar

I am a restricted user at Atheism Plus but no longer post there
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#15  Postby Sityl » Apr 18, 2013 1:23 am

I agree wholeheartedly with your view on NDEs espoused in that thread. I do have to say, that some of the comments would have run afoul of this forums' FUA on personal attacks, but I have no idea what kind FUA they have over there.

Note: that I even agree with what you're saying in the attacks, just that because they focus on the poster instead of the post, the comments would be frowned upon here. Cheers!
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#16  Postby epete » Apr 18, 2013 2:15 am

Sounds like A+.
High rise living is for communists and termites. - laklak
epete
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#17  Postby Loren Michael » Apr 18, 2013 5:17 am

Sounds like you wasted your time. Why did you go to a forum like that and act like it wasn't a forum like that?

Only act like a swinging dick to the extent that you can expect to get away with it. Note: you should be aware of what the people around you consider to be a swinging dick, because unless you're at least dimly aware of the wavelength they're operating on, they will shoot you down.
Loren Michael

Name: Loren Michael

China (cn)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Passer » Apr 18, 2013 7:12 am

You guys are right

What's frustrating, is this ignorant attitude they all have, wherein they back slap each other thinking they've done a grand job debunking all the evil debunkers. There's a small chance 'I' could be the ignorant one here, but my main argument wasn't that I was right, and they were wrong, but simply; 'can you provide any credible evidence to back up your rather bold claims that there is a continuation of consciousness after death?' That did it! They don't even know what real evidence is, and when you try to tell them, they just froth at you. Some right whoppers there.

Also, what can you do when you have a Mod who fully believes all the 'woo' they spew forth?

Live and learn I guess
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The Fascist Moderator on the David Icke Forum

#19  Postby Zwaarddijk » Apr 18, 2013 9:32 am

That's quite ironic

But the real sad fact, is that a moderator literally followed me around for two days, continually telling me to stop asking for evidence. Then, in a post, made a personal remark about me, to which I asked what he meant. He then proceeded to ban me

Acharya S's forum had me banned for pointing out errors in her books.
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

Re: The Fascist Moderator on the David Icke Forum

#20  Postby Passer » Apr 18, 2013 9:36 am

Zwaarddijk wrote:

That's quite ironic

Acharya S's forum had me banned for pointing out errors in her books.

Incredible!
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Welcome New Members