Well, hello.

One of those almost pointless introduction posts.

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: DarthHelmet86, campermon

Well, hello.

#1  Postby Seamstress » Jan 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Too bad Weaver was taken as a username by a moderator at that. Well, alright then. Hello, I'm 20 and a fine arts student. I joined this forum way back when I was 16, but nothing came out of it and my username was silly, so here I am again. I'm hoping to make RatSkep a slightly more productive time waster than browser games.

My current goal: finish cleaning my room from all the paint tubes and fast food containers I have laying around.
Seamstress

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Well, hello.

#2  Postby scott1328 » Jan 20, 2017 4:25 am

I dont think Weaver is a moderator anymore.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Made of Stars » Jan 20, 2017 7:26 am

Hi!
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Sendraks » Jan 20, 2017 10:29 am

Hallo.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 20, 2017 10:35 am

Welcome. Enjoy the sewing.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Fallible » Jan 20, 2017 10:36 am

Hi, Seamstress.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Weaver » Jan 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Seamstress wrote:Too bad Weaver was taken as a username by a moderator at that. Well, alright then. Hello, I'm 20 and a fine arts student. I joined this forum way back when I was 16, but nothing came out of it and my username was silly, so here I am again. I'm hoping to make RatSkep a slightly more productive time waster than browser games.

My current goal: finish cleaning my room from all the paint tubes and fast food containers I have laying around.

I'm a former Moderator.

Is "Weaver" your name (like it is with me) or a hobby akin to being a seamstress?
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Seamstress » Jan 20, 2017 1:48 pm

Weaver wrote:
I'm a former Moderator.

Is "Weaver" your name (like it is with me) or a hobby akin to being a seamstress?

Neither! Just a universe-weaving character that came to me on an imaginative bout during my first LSD trip. I thought her a bit more interesting than my previous online namesake, Moose. I'm afraid my actual name is rather mundane.

Ah, I didn't know, your name was green on the board so I figured you were a mod, thank you (both) for the correction.

@Scot Dutchy Hah, I don't do none of that unfortunately.
Seamstress

Print view this post

#9  Postby Weaver » Jan 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Seamstress wrote:
Weaver wrote:
I'm a former Moderator.

Neither! Just a universe-weaving character that came to me on an imaginative bout during my first LSD trip. I thought her a bit more interesting than my previous online namesake, Moose. I'm afraid my actual name is rather mundane.

Ah, I didn't know, your name was green on the board so I figured you were a mod, thank you (both) for the correction.

Is my name appearing green to you now?

It should be purple - the practice is to mark former Mods as "Forum Contributors." I should have lost the green color when I stepped down.

Or are you perhaps red-green color blind? My father used to have troubles distinguishing greens from purples.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Seamstress » Jan 20, 2017 1:59 pm

@Weaver, shoot, no actually it never did, just a regular old I-was-about-to-type-that-and-typed-this-instead.

Being an illustrator with colour blindness would be interesting though.
Seamstress

Print view this post

#11  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 20, 2017 3:06 pm

heyo, may this forum be as involving for you as it is for me. :cheers:
"What's it like to be rich? You can't have two lunches." - some famous musician.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#12  Postby NamelessFaceless » Jan 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Welcome! :cheers:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby tuco » Jan 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Nazdar!

Slightly indeed. I think of this place as multiplayer notepad :) Needless to say that much of the mechanics, bottomfeeding, forming packs and alliances, ganging up, trolling, trying to win at any cost, and even cheating, is similar to browser games. Then again, that goes for many human social activities.
tuco

Print view this post

#14  Postby Seamstress » Jan 20, 2017 6:18 pm

tuco wrote:Nazdar!

Slightly indeed. I think of this place as multiplayer notepad :) Needless to say that much of the mechanics, bottomfeeding, forming packs and alliances, ganging up, trolling, trying to win at any cost, and even cheating, is similar to browser games. Then again, that goes for many human social activities.

Huh, I expected a bit better than that from a forum with a userbase that is fairly old (from what I've seen most users appear to be older than mid-thirty) and is geared towards rationality. Hm, I'll see I guess.
Seamstress

Print view this post

#15  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Weaver wrote:
Seamstress wrote:
Weaver wrote:
I'm a former Moderator.

Is my name appearing green to you now?

It should be purple - the practice is to mark former Mods as "Forum Contributors." I should have lost the green color when I stepped down.

Or are you perhaps red-green color blind? My father used to have troubles distinguishing greens from purples.

Stepped down.

No one liked him, anyway. He's mean.
My new website is up. Who wants to be a contributor?

I AM Skepdickus!

https://www.skepdick.us/blog/
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby tuco » Jan 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Seamstress wrote:

Huh, I expected a bit better than that from a forum with a userbase that is fairly old (from what I've seen most users appear to be older than mid-thirty) and is geared towards rationality. Hm, I'll see I guess.

Indeed, there is only way to find out .. to see with your own eyes :) Never take me too seriously btw.
tuco

Print view this post

#17  Postby Made of Stars » Jan 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Seamstress wrote:

Don't mind him, he's just being tuco.
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#18  Postby tuco » Jan 20, 2017 7:32 pm

:this:
tuco

Print view this post

#19  Postby The_Piper » Jan 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Welcome. :cheers:
There's a lot more to this board than what tuco describes, he's just talking about the news and politics forum. :tongue:
J/k. I don't think most of us are here to win/lose arguments, and blatant trolls get banned.
"I'm not really sure what I'm talking about" - Tucker Carlson
The Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife thread.
The Self Taken Pictures of Scenery thread.
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20  Postby BlackBart » Jan 20, 2017 9:39 pm

The_Piper wrote:I don't think most of us are here to win/lose arguments

Yes we are.

Welcome Seamstress. :cheers:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart