6yo Malnourished Girl Found Eating Herself In Cage

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron, Matt8819, Ironclad

6yo Malnourished Girl Found Eating Herself In Cage

#1  Postby BrandySpears » May 05, 2011 3:10 am

A young girl was found caged and attempting to eat herself in a mobile home in Virginia, and cops say her parents are responsible.

The malnourished girl, believed to be either 5 or 6, was discovered in a crib that was converted into a makeshift cage after police arrived at the home in Gloucester County to investigate a burglary last week.

The girl's parents, Brian and Shannon Gore, were arrested and charged with felony child abuse. The mother was also charged with attempted capital murder.

However, the gruesome twosome now faces first-degree murder charges after the remains of what authorities believe to be another child were found buried outside their mobile home.

"I've done this for 20 years, and I've never seen anything like this in my life," Gloucester Sheriff's Maj. Darrell Warren said.

A month-old baby boy was also found in the home, but was in good condition. Both he and the older girl are now in the care of the county Department of Social Services.

The horrific find came as police investigated a robbery on April 17.

A child's remains were found buried outside the Gores' home. (WTKR)

A nearby homeowner reported his house was broken into and claimed gold bullion, a vacuum cleaner, a passport, $2,000 in cash and other items had been stolen, according to a police report.

Investigators trailed the bullion to an auction house, which claimed to have bought the gold from 25-year-old Shannon Gore.

Authorities arrived at her mobile home in Gloucester with a search warrant when they made the shocking discovery.

The girl's blond-hair was matted and filled with knots. She wore only a diaper and t-shirt and was eating flakes of dried skin on her body.

Brian Gore, 29, reportedly told police the girl had been kept in the cage since the summer.

"It was horrific. I don't know what else to say," Lt. Scott Little of the Sheriff's Department told Virginia's Daily Press on Friday.

"They seemed like nice people," neighbor Tim Hudnall told the newspaper. He noted he had seen the baby boy, but never saw a girl with the Gores in the six years they've been neighbors.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z1LRZrfTs5
BrandySpears

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: 6yo Malnourished Girl Found Eating Herself In Cage

#2  Postby laklak » May 05, 2011 3:18 am

Fucking hell.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby maichem » May 05, 2011 3:46 am

A bittersweet story from several years ago of a girl in horrific circumstances similar to this one:

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humani ... 750838.ece
maichem

Name: Mike
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#4  Postby CarlPierce » May 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Just how many people in the US live in 'mobile' homes?
I thought they were a first-world country. Very sad story for everyone.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Wiðercora » May 05, 2011 4:13 pm

CarlPierce wrote:Just how many people in the US live in 'mobile' homes? I thought they were a first-world country.

So what?
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby CarlPierce » May 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Wiðercora wrote:
CarlPierce wrote:Just how many people in the US live in 'mobile' homes? I thought they were a first-world country.

So what?

So if people live in caravans without mod cons they are likely to have a less happy life.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Jörmungandr » May 05, 2011 4:20 pm

CarlPierce wrote:

So if people live in caravans without mod cons they are likely to have a less happy life.

Living in a mobile home isn't like living in the back of a van. They have plumbing, electricity, appliances, and what have you. I wouldn't want to live in one myself, but I've seen mobile homes that were actually pretty nice.
"President Obama filled in as the coach of his daughter Sasha’s basketball team. Sasha evidently listened to her Dad, because all she did was drive straight down the center and piss everyone off." –Conan O'Brien
Jörmungandr

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Wiðercora » May 05, 2011 4:23 pm

CarlPierce wrote:
Wiðercora wrote:

So what?

They're not caravans. They have mod cons. Running water, electricity, internet. The one I infrequently stay in even has a 36" HD television with 5.1 surround sound.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Onyx8 » May 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Mobile home merely means that the home is constructed in a factory and shipped to the site as opposed to being built on site. They are often built in two halves (double-wide) and connected together. They can be large, spacious and well appointed.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Ironclad » May 05, 2011 4:30 pm

CarlPierce wrote:Just how many people in the US live in 'mobile' homes?

Carl mate, caravan parks are very common in GB. Many older folk make micro-towns hidden from sight, they sell their big homes, buy a 'static-caravan' and make big savings.

Back on topic; fucking hell! :shock:
" If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"We all feed on death, even vegetarians" - Mr Spock
Ironclad

Name: Irradiant Troglodyte
Male

Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Onyx8 wrote:Mobile home merely means that the home is constructed in a factory and shipped to the site as opposed to being built on site. They are often built in two halves (double-wide) and connected together. They can be large, spacious and well appointed.

Easily blown over. They are also seldom registered in some states making them ideal for criminals and other loathsome creatures (as these bastards) to live. :yuk:

Mobile homes for a lot of people the last chance saloon to get somewhere to live?
Myths in islam Women and islam

“Emotional excitement reaches men through tea, tobacco, opium, whisky, and religion.” — George Bernard Shaw (1856 – 1950)

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy
Suspended User

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Fallible » May 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Ironclad wrote:

Carl mate, caravan parks are very common in GB. Many older folk make micro-towns hidden from sight, they sell their big homes, buy a 'static-caravan' and make big savings.

Back on topic; fucking hell! :shock:

Beat me to it. There is a caravan park not far from me. They are often inhabited by older people who take great pride in their homes and little gardens.
Triangles are my favourite shape. ∆

No motion has she now, no force,
She neither hears nor sees,
Roll'd round in Earth's diurnal course
With rocks, and stones, and trees.
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#13  Postby purplerat » May 05, 2011 4:40 pm

How many people in the UK live in 'flats'? I thought they were a first-world country. Very sad that so many live in 2 dimensional homes.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby laklak » May 05, 2011 4:41 pm

We were looking at them up in North Carolina, as a cheap way to put a house on vacant acreage. They're only "mobile " in the sense that they're towed in by truck and set up on a foundation. We looked at one that was 28 x 50 feet (1400 ft 2 with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, wood floors, sunken jacuzzi tub, cathedral ceilings and island kitchen for $40,000. Not a bad deal. I've seen ones that come in 3 sections of 14 x 70 feet with 5 bedrooms.

Then there are these sort:

Not as nice but still not a caravan. These are "single wides" and can be as cheap as $20,000 brand new.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#15  Postby devogue » May 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Fuck the sodding mobile homes.

Poor child.
It's PETUNIAS TIME again, folks!!!

The Blue Butterfly
devogue

Male

Chile (cl)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 05, 2011 4:43 pm

purplerat wrote:

How many people in the UK live in 'flats'? I thought they were a first-world country. Very sad that so many live in 2 dimensional homes.

Appartments to you.

“Emotional excitement reaches men through tea, tobacco, opium, whisky, and religion.” — George Bernard Shaw (1856 – 1950)

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy
Suspended User

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Jörmungandr » May 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
purplerat wrote:

Appartments to you.

But they're not "apart", so maybe they should be togetherments.

At any rate, I think you entirely missed the joke purplerat was making at your expense. :lol:
"President Obama filled in as the coach of his daughter Sasha’s basketball team. Sasha evidently listened to her Dad, because all she did was drive straight down the center and piss everyone off." –Conan O'Brien
Jörmungandr

United States (us)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Jörmungandr wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
purplerat wrote:

Appartments to you.

But they're not "apart", so maybe they should be togetherments.

At any rate, I think you entirely missed the joke purplerat was making at your expense. :lol:

At my expence? I live in the Netherlands. :lol:

Well in living in a "duplex" must be painful :lol:

Scot Dutchy
Suspended User

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#19  Postby BrandySpears » May 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Where Mulholland drive meets Laurel Canyon in LA, there are a bunch of these types of mobile homes.
BrandySpears

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Beatsong » May 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Onyx8 wrote:Mobile home merely means that the home is constructed in a factory and shipped to the site as opposed to being built on site. They are often built in two halves (double-wide) and connected together. They can be large, spacious and well appointed.

So is that what's meant by "trailer", as in "trailer park", "trailer trash" etc? Or is that something different?
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs