Afghanistan

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Afghanistan

#41  Postby Matt_B » Oct 08, 2021 5:20 am

That's Ben Anderson. You might be interested in the rest of his body of work, as a lot of it touches on Afghanistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Anderson_(journalist)

Suffice it to say that he's not exactly a fan of US interventionist foreign policy. Then again, who would be if they'd ever seen the sharp end of it?
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#42  Postby arugula2 » Feb 10, 2022 11:25 pm

Reserved. ^ I suppose now that Amy Goodman is pushing the airport “controversy” it means it’s been cleared for wider media coverage, maybe. Some dogshit takes on that day in this thread already, unsurprisingly.
arugula

Podrán cortar todas las flores, pero no podrán detener la primavera.
    - Neruda
arugula2
Banned Troll

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#43  Postby Greg the Grouper » Mar 23, 2022 6:02 pm

The Taliban seems to have made a hard right and acted to curb women's education, to the delight of its hardline supporters.
The evolution of intelligence has gone beyond the restrains of biological individual generations.
Greg the Grouper

Name: Patrick

United States (us)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 22, 2022 7:04 pm

Somewhat irrelevant to the thread's focus, but more than a thousand dead from an earthquake and ensuing mudslides! :(

So many dead because they're literally dirt poor - mud brick houses just don't hold back thousands of tonnes of mud sliding down hills.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs