All autistic kids are atheists, and atheism is form of autis

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron, Matt8819, Ironclad

Re: All autistic kids are atheists, and atheism is form of autis

#21  Postby aliihsanasl » Apr 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Animavore wrote:Do fish worship cod?

Outside of water they continuously open and close their mouth, maybe they do under difficult conditions. :lol:

Actually I never observed fishes that long under water, maybe they pray there too. :think:
"The end of the road that does not pass through science is darkness"

Hacı Bektaşı Veli

No fear is like the fear of those who sell their country.

Nazım Hikmet
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Alan B » Apr 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Animavore wrote:Do fish worship cod?

Nah! They just, er, skate around the problem. (With apologies to our newest member - and welcome to the forum :cheers: )
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Apr 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Animavore wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFJPtVRlI64[/youtube]

Actually many of us atheists do have 'the part of faith in our brains' and have to use logic to counteract this natural propensity towards erroneous allocation of coincidence and fortune and misfortune to agency rather thn circumstance and probibility.

:this:

Atheists have the same part of the brain responsible for spiritual experience, it's just that atheists generally experience it when contemplating reality rather than mythologies.
"Infinite loop?! I don't have time for that!" - Bender Bending Rodríguez
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby mindhack » Apr 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Animavore wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFJPtVRlI64[/youtube]

Actually many of us atheists do have 'the part of faith in our brains' and have to use logic to counteract this natural propensity towards erroneous allocation of coincidence and fortune and misfortune to agency rather thn circumstance and probibility.

Yay, thanks for posting. Saves me time. :)
"Greed is out, empathy is in."
- Primatologist Frans de Waal
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#25  Postby mindhack » Apr 22, 2013 6:25 pm

dogmadogsh1t wrote:
Skate wrote:
“We cannot expect a child who cannot recognize a picture to recognize God. We need to help the autistic child recognize objects through therapy by targeting areas of senses in the brain,” Kaya said.

Kaya also said that they will turn autistic children into believers through therapy sessions that will be offered freely in therapy centers in the future.”

This is madness. Aren’t all children born atheists? And where is this “faith zone” in the brain?

I have a son living with autism, and I can tell you that his disbelief in god(s) is not caused by the disorder. I suspect his disbelief stems from the fact that instead of bombarding him with fairytales when he was young we focused his attention toward science and learning. When he looks at the sky, he sees Mars and Venus not as god and goddess, but as our planetary neighbors.

Post Script:
I’ve been lurking around enjoying the reading for a bit and decided to sign up. You guys seem like a good bunch. :cheers:

Welcome :cheers:

+1 :cheers:
"Greed is out, empathy is in."
- Primatologist Frans de Waal
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#26  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Apr 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Skate wrote:This is madness. Aren’t all children born atheists? And where is this “faith zone” in the brain?

Most likely the temporal lobe. Although I don't think you could call it a "faith zone", it is thought to be responsible for feelings of spirituality which may manifest itself in reinforced faith in some depending on the person's beliefs.

Here is an interesting video on seizures in the temporal lobe resulting in overwhelming feelings of spirituality...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIiIsDIkDtg[/youtube]
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Skate » Apr 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks to all for the notes of welcome! :drunk:

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Skate wrote:This is madness. Aren’t all children born atheists? And where is this “faith zone” in the brain?

Most likely the temporal lobe. Although I don't think you could call it a "faith zone", it is thought to be responsible for feelings of spirituality which may manifest itself in reinforced faith in some depending on the person's beliefs.

Here is an interesting video on seizures in the temporal lobe resulting in overwhelming feelings of spirituality...

Thanks, CdesignProponentsist! The video sounds interesting, but the link is not working on my work PC. I'll have to wait until I get home to watch it.

What is most frightening about this article is that Kaya is the head of Adana’s Health and Education Associations for Autistic Children. Now, I don’t know anything about this group and the influence it holds over clinicians in Turkey; however, if this is, indeed, spewing from the mouth of authority, Turkey’s children and the country’s future must be in jeopardy.

“The message I wished to give was not about autism and atheism, but to highlight that these children cannot communicate, cannot form empathy, live in their own worlds and are isolated.”

Let’s put aside Kaya’s generalization of these symptoms of autism as though they are characteristics endemic to the entire population of people living with the disorder. That’s problematic enough. Let’s look instead at this:

“I meant that we should take them out of their isolation with proper therapy methods,” he said.

Yes. This is passable. Therapeutic intervention at an early age is crucial to help individuals with autism better assimilate and adjust to societal conventions, and can help some become more independent (i.e. dress one’s self, fix dinner, etc.).

But then we have this:

Kaya also said they would turn autistic children into believers through sessions that would be offered for free at therapy centers in the future…

…When asked whether or not the houses aimed at turning autistic children into believers, a Culture House official confirmed the matter, but Kaya denied such objectives.

“Every child understands when you tell him or her to fear God, but an autistic child will not,” Kaya told the Daily News. “Once he starts to develop normally, belief will come in time. We do not have the idea of creating a section for faith in their brains.”

I just don’t know what to say about it. I suppose these free “faith” therapy sessions would be given in conjunction with ABA, speech and occupational therapy? Will the point of the sessions be to induce the fear of god into those struggling with autism? Madness!
Skate

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Apr 22, 2013 11:10 pm

I don't know if they guy in the OP is specifically referring to the temporal lobe, but he certainly mixing a little science with a bunch of pseudoscience and straight up bullshit to further his religious agenda. With a man in his position that is truly scary.
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Godless Infidel » Apr 23, 2013 1:21 am

katja z wrote:Sooo ... Atheism is a form of autism, and of course as everybody knows, autism is caused by vaccines, hence vaccines cause atheism. QED :dance:

So a theism outbreak can be prevented by proper vaccination? :think:
"Let it be remembered that all churches have persecuted heretics to the extent of their power. Toleration has increased only when and where the power of the church has diminished"
-Robert Green Ingersoll 1874
Godless Infidel

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#30  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Apr 23, 2013 1:29 am

Godless Infidel wrote:
katja z wrote:Sooo ... Atheism is a form of autism, and of course as everybody knows, autism is caused by vaccines, hence vaccines cause atheism. QED :dance:

Indeed! I think katja has discovered a cure for theism. :smile:
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Skate » Apr 23, 2013 1:37 am

Godless Infidel wrote:

Hmm. Sounds reasonable. But, the poor remaining theists will experience at outbreak of measles, mumps and rubella? Poor bastards. :lol:
Skate

United States (us)
Print view this post

#32  Postby katja z » Apr 23, 2013 8:38 am

Skate wrote:
Godless Infidel wrote:

Hmm. Sounds reasonable. But, the poor remaining theists will experience at outbreak of measles, mumps and rubella? Poor bastards. :lol:

Shouldn't be too bad as long as there are enough atheists around for herd immunity to limit the outbreaks. :grin:
katja z
RS Donator

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#33  Postby katja z » Apr 23, 2013 8:40 am

Godless Infidel wrote:

I think this deserves a nomination for the Nobel peace prize. :dance:
katja z
RS Donator

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#34  Postby jez9999 » Apr 23, 2013 10:56 am

Skate wrote:
dogmadogsh1t wrote:
Skate wrote:[quoteWelcome :cheers:

Thanks!

zulumoose wrote:
“They need to develop feelings and learn to form empathy with others. They need to understand why normal people do what they do. As a result of that, they would need to understand that there is a creator concept, to whom which the some people pray to and believe in; and they need to understand and internalize that. That way a section an understandingof faith can be formed in their brains,”

Nicely done.
My eyes were bulging from their sockets when I read this paragraph in the original article.

To be fair in Turkey almost everyone does say they're a Muslim. No-one's ever been able to explain adequately to me how the formation of a rational, secular state has led to this state of affairs.
=== Jez ===
jez9999

Print view this post

#35  Postby Oeditor » Apr 23, 2013 5:59 pm

autistic children were “atheists due to a lack of a section for faith in their brains.
So there's a special area in the brain for religion, which rationalists haven't got. So the term "faith-head" becomes a technical term rather than mockery. :evilgrin:
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Apr 23, 2013 6:00 pm

katja z wrote:
Skate wrote:
Godless Infidel wrote:

Shouldn't be too bad as long as there are enough atheists around for herd immunity to limit the outbreaks. :grin:

Well they still have prayer to fall back on.
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#37  Postby aliihsanasl » Apr 23, 2013 7:00 pm

jez9999 wrote:
Skate wrote:
dogmadogsh1t wrote:
Skate wrote:[quoteWelcome :cheers:

Thanks!

zulumoose wrote:

Nicely done.
My eyes were bulging from their sockets when I read this paragraph in the original article.

To be fair in Turkey almost everyone does say they're a Muslim. No-one's ever been able to explain adequately to me how the formation of a rational, secular state has led to this state of affairs.

Atheism is a taboo in Turkey, just like the weapon tradition in USA. Even every atheist keeps a little religious sentiment knowing that it will be functional in the future.

Because in the process we passed from religious state to a secular one founding fathers of the modern republic used religion heavily in order to suppress Islamists. Its something like cleaning blood with blood.
"The end of the road that does not pass through science is darkness"

Hacı Bektaşı Veli

No fear is like the fear of those who sell their country.

Nazım Hikmet
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Oeditor » Apr 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Maybe there's some degree pf parallel with the USSR. They suppressed religion so severely that when the Soviet Union broke up, it resurfaced to the point where Putin is now able to embrace theocracy as a means of controlling dissident young women, among others. Of course, Putin is just doing it cynically, whereas Erdogan looks to be a real theocrat.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#39  Postby surreptitious57 » Apr 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Skate wrote:
Are not all children born atheists

No child is born atheist or theist or agnostic or any other variation there of

That would require the cognition to understand the complexity of what God means

This is fiction perpetrated by both atheists and theists alike : Muslims say just the same

How can that which only has crying as a means of communication understand the metaphysical

No one is born anything other than naked flesh and bone : The philosophy and morality come a bit later
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#40  Postby Imagination Theory » Apr 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Oeditor wrote:Maybe there's some degree pf parallel with the USSR. They suppressed religion so severely that when the Soviet Union broke up, it resurfaced to the point where Putin is now able to embrace theocracy as a means of controlling dissident young women, among others. Of course, Putin is just doing it cynically, whereas Erdogan looks to be a real theocrat.

It wasn't suppressed as severely as people think and religion never went away in the USSR. There is a lot of it in what used to be the USSR, but it didn't come back, it was always there.
Я пью за разоренный дом,
За злую жизнь мою,
За одиночество вдвоем,
И за тебя я пью, -
За ложь меня предавших губ,
За мертвый холод глаз,
За то, что мир жесток и груб,
За то, что Бог не спас.

Андре́евна

אני מתגעגע הביתה
Imagination Theory

Botswana (bw)