Alt Right trying to make inroads into Canada.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Alt Right trying to make inroads into Canada.

#1  Postby Willie71 » Apr 26, 2019 4:14 pm

This showed up on my Facebook feed a couple days ago. Thankfully most of the comments are negative. I posted images showing the slogan being used by the KKK, and that post was immediately pulled, even though I said “NEVER IN CANADA!” It’s strange one can use the slogan without repercussions, but showing where it comes from is immediately pulled.

https://www.facebook.com/MCGAApparel/?_ ... pnv7eAkfw8
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Alt Right trying to make inroads into Canada.

#2  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 26, 2019 4:34 pm

What's amusing is how it's all merchandize, and how that merchandize is basically 95% blank space. They don't have a message that can even cover a cup.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby Alan C » Apr 27, 2019 1:48 am

Alt-right? How more labels should there be, can't they just be called right-wing [cunts]?
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Willie71 » Apr 27, 2019 1:53 am

Alan C wrote:Alt-right? How more labels should there be, can't they just be called right-wing [cunts]?

Sure. I didn’t coin the term. Cunts regardless of the term used.
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 27, 2019 2:11 am

Alan C wrote:Alt-right? How more labels should there be, can't they just be called right-wing [cunts]?

There's a valid distinction between being right-wing, and being white nationalists.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby Alan C » Apr 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Spearthrower wrote:

There's a valid distinction between being right-wing, and being white nationalists.

Ah yes there is but do these white supremacists identify as alt-right? That's needless.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 28, 2019 5:07 am

Alan C wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Ah yes there is but do these white supremacists identify as alt-right? That's needless.

Two elements to this: one, even many of them know that being proudly racist tends not to net you many opportunities, and two, many are drawn into the alt-right on specious grounds, sucked slowly into ever murkier waters without realizing they're being indoctrinated into white supremacist ideology.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#8  Postby Alan C » Apr 28, 2019 8:16 am

Ah I see. I had forgotten they are a wary of appearing overtly racist.
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Hermit » Apr 28, 2019 8:29 am

Alan C wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Alt right is just another way to spell "neo-Nazi" and "white supremacist". There are right wingers who are not racist at all. At least one of them posts here.

At least two neo-Nazi/white supremacist leaders have made efforts for being classed alt-right*, and I would think many neo-Nazis/white supremacists regard themselves as such.

*Paul Gottfried coined the expression "alternative right" in 2008 and Richard B. Spencer used "alt right" since 2016.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs