AmeriKKKa

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: AmeriKKKa

#141  Postby Seabass » May 11, 2022 1:22 am

Jon is joined by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and best-selling author Isabel Wilkerson to discuss race, and America’s caste system, and why there isn’t a singular solution to racism.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#142  Postby Seabass » May 11, 2022 10:57 pm

I'm sure Liberty County Sheriff's office of Savannah Georgia searches all the white school buses, too.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/lacrosse/2022/05/11/delaware-state-lacrosse-bus-search-traumatizing-reaction/9728887002/
'Traumatizing': Delaware State lacrosse coach, player speak out about bus search in Georgia

Delaware State University freshman lacrosse player Brianne Johanson and assistant coach Anna Bissell were settled in for a long bus ride back to campus after a tournament in Jacksonville, Florida.

They believe what happened next to their team of predominantly Black student-athletes was a result of racial profiling.

The HBCU program's charter bus was stopped on I-95 by Liberty County sheriff's deputies south of Savannah, Georgia, on April 20, for traveling improperly in the left lane. After bus driver Tim Jones, who is Black, was asked to step off the bus, deputies boarded and, as recorded on video by a player, warned players to confess if they were carrying drugs and used a K-9 to sniff around the bus.

"Everyone was freaking out, because, we didn't see (Jones) do anything wrong. ... It took 10 minutes after, and two officers came on the bus and told us that they would be searching our bags," said Johanson, a Community School of Naples (Florida) graduate. "Everyone was very confused. Shocked. We had no idea why they were searching our bags. They gave us this whole spiel on how it's normal in Georgia, it's how they're checking for trafficking of any kind.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Print view this post

#143  Postby Seabass » May 17, 2022 9:20 pm

Seabass

Print view this post

#144  Postby Spearthrower » May 18, 2022 1:12 am

Seems legit. Those unarmed folks were clearly in possession of excessive melanin.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#145  Postby Calilasseia » May 18, 2022 4:17 am

I wonder why Google is preventing me from seeing where else that image appears?

When I try to search for this image, to attach names to the faces, I get this:

Search For Murdered Black People Google Fail.jpg
Search For Murdered Black People Google Fail.jpg (437.33 KiB) Viewed 231 times
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#146  Postby The_Piper » May 18, 2022 1:33 pm

I had a different set of non-hits. :lol: When I added the word "murdered" to the image search, it worked.
It appeared to only have one hit, but when I clicked on the picture in the search results, a bunch more came up underneath it, if that makes sense.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs