And Good Fucking Riddance

The world is a slightly better place now with these peoples' deaths...

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: And Good Fucking Riddance

#161  Postby Fallible » Oct 28, 2019 8:49 am

Really? Only as far as I can see, I’m neither better nor worse off without him. I’d say it’s a bit tricky to come by your conclusion in anything like a robust way. If we were somehow able to poll the entire world on this issue, my guess is that the number of individuals who had even been aware of this person before yesterday would be a fraction of it.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#162  Postby aban57 » Oct 28, 2019 8:52 am

Fallible wrote:Really? Only as far as I can see, I’m neither better nor worse off without him.

Considering he's been behind the attacks in UK, France, Spain in the last decade, and that he would have done it again as often as possible, I'm not sure that's entirely true.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#163  Postby Fallible » Oct 28, 2019 9:01 am

I am. Any attacks, while disgusting and disgraceful and abhorrent, have not involved me or anyone I know, and the vast majority of our country people likewise. This individual has not made the world a worse place for me by his presence, and I don’t notice him not being here. The threat he represents is still here, sure, but then threat has always been here and always will be here from one quarter or another. I notice no appreciable difference today from last week because he’s dead. Many others will, of course, but then I didn’t say no one is better off, just that it’s a bit forward to claim the entire world is. Even his victims are not better off - they’re not here. Would they have been better off if he’d never been born or had died before? Of course, but what does his death now do to alter their non-existence? Are people he would have killed in the future better off? That’s not even a worthwhile question to ask, because he never killed anyone else after he killed a few of his kids, a couple of his wives and himself. Minority Report is fiction.

Edit: also, how many people claimed the world was better off with Saddam, Gaddafi, Bin Laden dead? That’s not how it works, is it. The world is not appreciably any better off now they’re gone, because there is always something or someone just as bad or worse to take their place. I suppose my point is that claiming the world is better off without one specific individual is far too simplistic. Secondary to this is my general distaste with how easy it seems to be for ‘us’ to enjoy the death of another (reprehensible) person. Me, I’m more than tired with how often life involves deliberate violent death. I don’t really care who it happens to, my view is that what the world would actually be better off without is deliberate violence to other sentient organisms.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#164  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 28, 2019 11:14 am

Keep It Real wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:The ratio appears to be about 1 virtue signal per page.

And you discern virtue signalling from genuine virtue how exactly?

HAH

That would require me assuming you possess any virtue.

Keep It Real wrote:Also:

me earlier wrote:...it's like calling out virtue signalling is virtue signalling, which I've said before IIRC. What was that joke? Mirror, virtue signal, manoeuvre? Seems to me peeps are best divorced from the thing...don't be good or you risk being accused of virtue signalling...like I said, as toxic as it gets, and for what gain? None.

Also, you masturbating. Great.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#165  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 28, 2019 11:16 am

aban57 wrote:Aaaaand again, KIR has managed to make a topic about himself...

DING DING DING!

Not at all coincidentally also exactly the case with the other virtue-signaler in this thread.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#166  Postby Keep It Real » Oct 28, 2019 9:35 pm

Well, I reported #164 but no action's been taken so - Spearthrower: all of your posts in this thread have been purely about ME - none of mine have and yet you accuse ME of making this thread about me. Durrrrr. If you'd sooner assume I am totally devoid of virtue rather than possessing of some in at least one facet then you're even more ignorant of the realities of the human condition than I had previously thought - which is certainly saying something. Also please refrain from imagining/depicting me engaged in erotic activity, regardless of how much you might want to, as it's creepy and weird.
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#167  Postby Ironclad » Oct 28, 2019 10:50 pm

:tehe:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#168  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 29, 2019 6:47 am

Keep It Real wrote:Well, I reported #164 but no action's been taken...

:lol:

You reported that post?

Pathetic. :nono:

Yes, there would be no action taken on account of there being nothing there to take any action over.

Also, shouldn't you be slinking off somewhere, keeping a seriously low profile given the numerous times you've been flagrantly abusive to members, along with the absurd drama-queenery you engaged in after abusing one member to such a degree that they opted to leave rather than continue being a target of your bullying?

Probably best you note that this forum has in the past also considered telling people that you have reported them to be trolling.

Keep It Real wrote: so - Spearthrower: all of your posts in this thread have been purely about ME -

Well that definitely is actionable as it's an outright lie about me.

1.2 m. quote mine, plagiarise, or otherwise misrepresent information

Of course, I am not interested in reporting your pathetic attempts at derailing this thread into talking about you. There's no need to invoke the moderators when we can deal with you and send you scurrying off somewhere for a while.

Post 78, 79, 107, 108, 125 - all of which I wrote, all of which I wrote prior to you having posted in this thread, none of which are about you.

Even post 153 isn't expressly about little old you, just partly about you.

So we're back to that central irony: it's not all about you, KIR. As much as you'd like it to be.

Keep It Real wrote:none of mine have and yet you accuse ME of making this thread about me.

Yup, not just me either - we're all onto you, KIR.

In fact, it wasn't even me who identified that:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/news- ... l#p2718368

In reality - rather than the distorted contrivance you're attempting to pull off - all I did was agree with Aban.

Keep It Real wrote: Durrrrr. If you'd sooner assume I am totally devoid of virtue rather than possessing of some in at least one facet then you're even more ignorant of the realities of the human condition than I had previously thought -

Yes, it's always some nonsensical irrational statement about how you're right and others are wrong, but of course, your inability to pursue any statement along rational courses is presumably why you're rattling off vacuous bullshit in this thread.

Keep It Real wrote:which is certainly saying something.

Yes, it's certainly saying that you don't know your arse from your elbow; that you're quick to project your failings onto others to protect your sense of self-worth.

Keep It Real wrote: Also please refrain from imagining/depicting me engaged in erotic activity, regardless of how much you might want to, as it's creepy and weird.

Yes, that is creepy and weird of you KIR. I don't imagine you doing anything of the sort, not least because unlike you, I am not infatuated with you.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#169  Postby Keep It Real » Oct 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Also, shouldn't you be slinking off somewhere, keeping a seriously low profile given the numerous times you've been flagrantly abusive to members, along with the absurd drama-queenery you engaged in after abusing one member to such a degree that they opted to leave rather than continue being a target of your bullying?

RE the "nasty name calling" - crime of the century. RE my "bullying," though I dispute there was any, and that such a thing is actually possible on an internet forum by a single person, you know that was the reason he left because...you're psychic?

Spearthrower wrote:Well that definitely is actionable as it's an outright lie about me.

Oh my, so I forgot to add the word "recent" before posts, jesus wept, and look at you all quoting the FUA at me and stuff! :lol:

Spearthrower wrote:So we're back to that central irony: it's not all about you, KIR. As much as you'd like it to be.

Definitely another psychic in our midst.

Spearthrower wrote:we're all onto you, KIR.

DEFINATELY another psychic in our midst.

Spearthrower wrote:all I did was agree with Aban.

What's the fucking difference?!?! :lol:
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#170  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 29, 2019 1:46 pm

What this thread needs is more about ME!

Why aren't you cunts talking about ME?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#171  Postby aban57 » Oct 29, 2019 1:49 pm

Spearthrower wrote:What this thread needs is more about ME!

Well you're not dead yet. Not even brain-dead. Also, you need to kill a lot of people before you do, otherwise you'll end up in the RIP Thread. it's all up to you :snooty:
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#172  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 29, 2019 1:51 pm

aban57 wrote:

Well you're not dead yet. Not even brain-dead. Also, you need to kill a lot of people before you do, otherwise you'll end up in the RIP Thread. it's all up to you :snooty:

Are you sure I need to kill a lot of people? Maybe I can just have somewhere here accuse me of being a murderer and wring their hands about the existential torment that discovery caused them resulting in them being irrationally abusive to other members? Seems less messy.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#173  Postby TopCat » Oct 29, 2019 1:53 pm

Stop it, children.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#174  Postby aban57 » Oct 29, 2019 1:56 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
aban57 wrote:

Are you sure I need to kill a lot of people? Maybe I can just have somewhere here accuse me of being a murderer and wring their hands about the existential torment that discovery caused them resulting in them being irrationally abusive to other members? Seems less messy.

Come on, nobody is that irrationnal, right ? Right ? :pray:
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#175  Postby Svartalf » Oct 29, 2019 2:00 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
aban57 wrote:

alternately to being executed for a serial killer, you could try to pull a massive ponzi scheme that will put you into world news.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#176  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 29, 2019 2:21 pm

Keep It Real wrote:It's the "they deserve death" subtext as it appears to me this eve.

An important distinction which of course can logically only be discerned psychically :crazy: , unless of course a member just spells it out:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/educa ... l#p2691252

Keep It Real wrote:I wouldn't even raise an eyebrow in sympathy if you slipped off this mortal coil, had a gout inflammation or accidentally chopped off a thumb this very day.

Can you spell hypocrite? Probably not if the way you mangled 'definitely' is anything to go by.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#177  Postby Keep It Real » Oct 29, 2019 2:26 pm

There's a difference between being indifferent and being glad, Spearthrower. And will you PLEASE stop talking about me?!?! :lol:
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#178  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 29, 2019 2:27 pm

When KIR actively wishes death on someone, it's fine, virtuous even.

But when other people are happy that a mass murderer has died... SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#179  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 29, 2019 2:29 pm

aban57 wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
aban57 wrote:

Come on, nobody is that irrationnal, right ? Right ? :pray:

Well, funny that you mention it...

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#180  Postby Blackadder » Oct 29, 2019 6:30 pm

Well just for the record, I'm glad the cunt is dead. Hopefully to be followed by a few more of his bastard followers. There.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs