Another US Sports Team Based Rape Scandal

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Another US Sports Team Based Rape Scandal

#1  Postby I'm With Stupid » Apr 03, 2017 7:01 am

It'll be interesting to see how this one goes. We all know how rape is often treated when the perpetrators are talented sports people, as well as how these things often go down in a small town where a large percentage of the male population are involved.

10th Texas high school athlete charged with sexual assault in hazing scandal

A 10th high school athlete has been charged with sexual assault in a hazing scandal at a San Antonio-area school.
Alejandro Ibarra, 18, was arrested Wednesday.
Seven juveniles and two other adults also have been charged over allegations dating back as far as 2014, La Vernia Police Chief Bruce Ritchey said this week.
All 10 arrestees have at some point been athletes at La Vernia High School, which has about 1,000 students. Ritchey said the hazing primarily involved the football team, but the basketball and baseball teams were also involved to a lesser degree.

Story

Indeed, we've already started with the excuses from the religious lobby.

"Our society doesn't want to see something wrong. When something wrong happens, we want to crucify them. This is a little bit hypocritical," Fiuk said. "We want to see only negative, but I am asking where is positive? Not only on the level of La Vernia, but on the level of the state, on the level of the country, we are sick. These children need mercy and we have to learn to be merciful because they are victims of the sick society."

Shannon Kosub, director of religious education at the church, told local media: "I hope that those in our community that our true Christians will show true mercy to everyone involved and will reach out to show love. Because that's all our duty is, is to love."

Story
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: Another US Sports Team Based Rape Scandal

#2  Postby crank » Apr 03, 2017 7:10 am

This is about 45 miles from me. Where are these mercy-begging aholes when our governors keep offing folk, even the mentally challenged and of questionable guilt?
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Weaver » Apr 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Hazing always goes too far, no matter who or what age group is doing it. And it frequently, if not always, ends up with sexual assault or sexual overtones.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby laklak » Apr 03, 2017 4:12 pm

Sports. I don't gets it.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs