Crop-duster sprays 100 gallons of holy water on Louisiana

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Crop-duster sprays 100 gallons of holy water on Louisiana

#41  Postby noncredo » Jan 08, 2020 5:55 pm

The_Piper wrote:When I was a little kid, 4 or 5, the rigors of jumping up and down on mom's bed got to me, so I drank water out of the tiny bottle on her bureau. It was holy water she was saving. At that point, steam rose off my chest and a sizzling sound could be heard as my godless bones began to liquify. They dumped some Jack Daniels on me and it saved me. :teef:
the last part may be a dramatization, but I did drink the water. My mother thought it was the funniest thing, luckily.

You can take holy water home with you? I did not know that. Do all Catholics take holy water home for their holy water needs? My knowledge of Catholicism is limited. I grew up in the Southern US. We were good protestants, Southern Baptist. We didn't cotton to those evil heathen Catholics from up north.
Trump 2020
noncredo

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby The_Piper » Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm

noncredo wrote:
The_Piper wrote:When I was a little kid, 4 or 5, the rigors of jumping up and down on mom's bed got to me, so I drank water out of the tiny bottle on her bureau. It was holy water she was saving. At that point, steam rose off my chest and a sizzling sound could be heard as my godless bones began to liquify. They dumped some Jack Daniels on me and it saved me. :teef:
the last part may be a dramatization, but I did drink the water. My mother thought it was the funniest thing, luckily.

You can take holy water home with you? I did not know that. Do all Catholics take holy water home for their holy water needs? My knowledge of Catholicism is limited. I grew up in the Southern US. We were good protestants, Southern Baptist. We didn't cotton to those evil heathen Catholics from up north.

I don't know much about Catholicism either, I declared myself non-Catholic when I found out masturbation is a sin. That's not entirely a joke either, it was one of my justifications for not being confirmed as a teenager. :lol:
I don't know anything about other denominations of Christian and don't care to learn. I only take time to read non-fiction these days.
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#43  Postby scott1328 » Jan 08, 2020 7:05 pm

The_Piper wrote:
noncredo wrote:

I don't know much about Catholicism either, I declared myself non-Catholic when I found out masturbation is a sin. That's not entirely a joke either, it was one of my justifications for not being confirmed as a teenager. :lol:
I don't know anything about other denominations of Christian and don't care to learn. I only take time to read non-fiction these days.

FWIW: my baptist minister said wanking wasn't a sin if you did it without lusting after women. Not a problem for me, as it turns out.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Fallible » Jan 08, 2020 7:10 pm

:tehe:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#45  Postby noncredo » Jan 08, 2020 7:29 pm

scott1328 wrote:
The_Piper wrote:
noncredo wrote:

FWIW: my baptist minister said wanking wasn't a sin if you did it without lusting after women. Not a problem for me, as it turns out.

Aren't loop holes the best. I don't remember ever talking about masterbation at church, just rock music and atheists...spoiler alert, both were frowned on.
Trump 2020
noncredo

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#46  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jan 08, 2020 8:07 pm

minininja* wrote:That headline deserves a subheading:

Crop-duster sprays 100 gallons of holy water on Louisiana
Three werewolves and a suspected vampire eradicated

why hasn’t anyone (from the church of satan for example) sued the holy crop duster for inflicting bodily harm with the spray?
have them water blessers argue in court that holy water doesn’t actually do anything.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )

meh
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#47  Postby Alan B » Jan 09, 2020 12:25 pm

A few years ago I had a lady friend who was a staunch Catholic. One day we passed by her church and she popped in for a moment. She came out and sprinkled me with Holy Water. I told her to stop. I felt sullied. The relationship didn't last.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs