Extinction Rebellion are on point.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Extinction Rebellion are on point.

#61  Postby aufbahrung » Apr 18, 2019 7:57 pm

The entire situation would be different with the release of simply engineered virus that would cull the human population by half and half again. Ultimately it is the most fair approach since those who still have lives would not be chosen by some social engineering option.
In Paris nothing matters.
aufbahrung

Name: Your Real Name

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby tuco » Apr 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Cool story but I would guess that most seen the movie. Got 0.23 points plus for improvement. How about half and half and half? How does that work for you? Cool?

Rocket: I got it figured out. We got two ships, and a large assortment of morons. So me and Groot will go with the pirate-angel here, and the morons will go to Knowhere to try and stop Thanos. Cool? Cool.

Thor: So cool. [Smiles a big grin.]

tuco

Print view this post

#63  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 19, 2019 6:44 am

aufbahrung wrote:The entire situation would be different with the release of simply engineered virus that would cull the human population by half and half again. Ultimately it is the most fair approach since those who still have lives would not be chosen by some social engineering option.

Murder's always a great solution to a problem. :what:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#64  Postby tuco » Apr 19, 2019 6:49 am

It's not even a solution. The numbers would grow to the previous state sooner or later. It's a dumbass idea for action movies.
tuco

Print view this post

#65  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 19, 2019 9:21 am

Crying XR children protesting at Heathrow airport on the livestream - very hard to watch https://www.facebook.com/ExtinctionRebellion/videos/2393030567382008/?notif_id=1555495741059705&notif_t=live_video_explicit
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#66  Postby tuco » Apr 19, 2019 10:15 am

It was not live as far as I could tell, did not see crying but anyway .. they should stream it on Twitch as it would attract more attention and it would cost them nothing.

edit: oh they do have a channel: https://www.twitch.tv/extinctionrebellion

edit1: category: Travel & Outdoors lol alright
tuco

Print view this post

#67  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 19, 2019 11:28 am

There were a lot of tears and anguish but that was just for a time and stopped...for now. On a lighter note, Police Officer appears to agree that "just following orders" is not a valid excuse to not be one with AGW protesters :dance:

https://www.facebook.com/UnityNewsUK/videos/342888146579116/UzpfSTEwMDAwMDI3MjY1NjA2NjpWSzoxMDAzNjU5NTIzMzU2OTY1/?multi_permalinks=1003659523356965%2C1003638616692389%2C1003605376695713%2C1003511443371773%2C1003277716728479&notif_id=1555311221521997&notif_t=group_activity
Keep It Real

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby Caper » Apr 19, 2019 4:18 pm

Caper

Name: Glenn Smith

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#69  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 19, 2019 4:26 pm

He's rapidly becoming a national treasure.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#71  Postby tuco » Apr 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Andy Beswick · 2:47 Was that placard saying "I've seen smarter cabinets in IKEA"?

lol
tuco

Print view this post

#72  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Caper wrote:

Unique badman player :dance:
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#73  Postby Pridefel Knowitelz » Apr 21, 2019 10:50 am

Keep It Real wrote:In the past I must confess I thought them (us) rather lacking in tangible realisable objectives, and saw them more as "just" complaining. I learnt today in Bristol that they do in fact have at least one primary real world, potent, excellent and realistic objective - that the UK gov declare a "climate emergency." I am now fully on board with ER.

What climate emergency? They're just a bunch of hippies chanting and stopping traffic and being a nuisance. Why should anyone take them seriously? People like that get their kicks from drawing attention to themselves by claiming that there's a crisis, with no evidence whatsoever.
The burden of proof falls on the ,,,theist.
All ha ...rump.
Pridefel Knowitelz
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#74  Postby Cito di Pense » Apr 21, 2019 10:55 am

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:In the past I must confess I thought them (us) rather lacking in tangible realisable objectives, and saw them more as "just" complaining. I learnt today in Bristol that they do in fact have at least one primary real world, potent, excellent and realistic objective - that the UK gov declare a "climate emergency." I am now fully on board with ER.

What climate emergency? They're just a bunch of hippies chanting and stopping traffic and being a nuisance. Why should anyone take them seriously? People like that get their kicks from drawing attention to themselves by claiming that there's a crisis, with no evidence whatsoever.

I'm minded to advise you to be more creative in your trolling, but nah, the more obvious it is, the sooner we will be rid of you by way of moderation. In keeping with other advice you have received to try to keep threads on topic, let me instead advise you that we have existing threads for climate skeptics to announce their bona fides.
Last edited by Cito di Pense on Apr 21, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#75  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 21, 2019 10:56 am

What climate emergency?

The one universally agreed on by all scientists, the United Nations, and every national institute of science?

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:They're just a bunch of hippies chanting and stopping traffic and being a nuisance.

I don't think they're hippies at all.

But just for a moment, regardless of what you believe, let's just say there is a climate emergency which our political leaders are failing to address. Do you think that in such a situation 'stopping traffic and being a nuisance' would be rather minor given the circumstances?

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:Why should anyone take them seriously?

Well, firstly because we inhabit a democracy, and the right to protest is enshrined in that. Secondly, because if they're right (which they provably are) then a little disruption is a small price to pay if it results in improved policies towards staving off a climate catastrophe.

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote: People like that get their kicks from drawing attention to themselves by claiming that there's a crisis,...

I think that sentence doesn't know whether it wants to reach too far, be uncharitable, or just project prejudice.

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:... with no evidence whatsoever.

Except for... you know... all the evidence.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#76  Postby Pridefel Knowitelz » Apr 21, 2019 11:12 am

Spearthrower wrote:
What climate emergency?

The one universally agreed on by all scientists, the United Nations, and every national institute of science?

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:They're just a bunch of hippies chanting and stopping traffic and being a nuisance.

I don't think they're hippies at all.

But just for a moment, regardless of what you believe, let's just say there is a climate emergency which our political leaders are failing to address. Do you think that in such a situation 'stopping traffic and being a nuisance' would be rather minor given the circumstances?

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:Why should anyone take them seriously?

Well, firstly because we inhabit a democracy, and the right to protest is enshrined in that. Secondly, because if they're right (which they provably are) then a little disruption is a small price to pay if it results in improved policies towards staving off a climate catastrophe.

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote: People like that get their kicks from drawing attention to themselves by claiming that there's a crisis,...

I think that sentence doesn't know whether it wants to reach too far, be uncharitable, or just project prejudice.

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:... with no evidence whatsoever.

Except for... you know... all the evidence.

Could you provide some evidence? I don't need a huge list of links, just one or two.
All ha ...rump.
Pridefel Knowitelz
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#77  Postby Animavore » Apr 21, 2019 11:19 am

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:Could you provide some evidence? I don't need a huge list of links, just one or two.

Your one stop shop.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/ar ... tart-here/
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#78  Postby Fallible » Apr 21, 2019 11:20 am

You know the off-topic thing? Don't aid him.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#79  Postby Pridefel Knowitelz » Apr 21, 2019 11:21 am

Animavore wrote:
Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:Could you provide some evidence? I don't need a huge list of links, just one or two.

Your one stop shop.

Is that an impartial source?
All ha ...rump.
Pridefel Knowitelz
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#80  Postby Animavore » Apr 21, 2019 11:26 am

Animavore wrote:

Your one stop shop.

Is that an impartial source?

Science is impartial by nature.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs