French Protests

Potential SoE

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: French Protests

#81  Postby aban57 » Dec 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Believe what you want to Cédric. I will stick with a few facts.

That would be a first...
aban57

Name: Cédric

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#82  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 06, 2018 3:09 pm

aban57 wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sgt Kelly wrote:They're still calling for Macron's resignation.

Has it been mentioned that much of the violence that gave these protests their high media profile is known not to have been perpetrated by actual protesters but by gangs of people who systematically abuse any public gathering to riot ?

I read here that Le Pen has something to do with it and the FN (or whatever it is called these days) was sending in groups to cause trouble.

That's somethng you wrote, not read. And I told you it was a lie. Stop this blatant hypocrisy right now.

Stop what? "Blatant hypocrisy"? You say anything you want but call me a liar is an insult. I dont accept your claims. There is more in this mix than just protests. If you cant see it that's up to you.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#83  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 06, 2018 3:12 pm

French government blames Marine Le Pen for violent Paris fuel protests

In a second week of demonstrations, thousands are protesting against the steep rise in diesel prices brought in by the president.

The French government has blamed the protests in Paris over rising fuel costs on far-right leader Marine Le Pen.

Demonstrations and road blockades were set up nationwide as the "yellow vest" protests entered a second weekend.

They have been named after the fluorescent jackets worn by protesters, which motorists must keep in their cars by law

Of course these are all lies.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#84  Postby aban57 » Dec 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
aban57 wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sgt Kelly wrote:They're still calling for Macron's resignation.

Has it been mentioned that much of the violence that gave these protests their high media profile is known not to have been perpetrated by actual protesters but by gangs of people who systematically abuse any public gathering to riot ?

I read here that Le Pen has something to do with it and the FN (or whatever it is called these days) was sending in groups to cause trouble.

That's somethng you wrote, not read. And I told you it was a lie. Stop this blatant hypocrisy right now.

Stop what? "Blatant hypocrisy"? You say anything you want but call me a liar is an insult. I dont accept your claims. There is more in this mix than just protests. If you cant see it that's up to you.

Blatant hypocrisy is when you say something wrong you just made up, with 0 evidence of it, and then pretend you "read it" somewhere to spread your falsehood. You're talking about something you know nothing about, as usually. I reported what I read, saw from French medias and people I know who actually WERE in the protests. Evidences of Le Pen and Mélanchon threatened by "Gilets jaunes" not to show up to protests can be easily found on twitter. Evidences that violent protesters were organized by any group (political or otherwise) are inexistant, even after the first ones were judged earlier this week. You're just talking out of your ass, as usually. Go educate yourself for once before talking, FFS.
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#85  Postby aban57 » Dec 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:French government blames Marine Le Pen for violent Paris fuel protests

In a second week of demonstrations, thousands are protesting against the steep rise in diesel prices brought in by the president.

The French government has blamed the protests in Paris over rising fuel costs on far-right leader Marine Le Pen.

Demonstrations and road blockades were set up nationwide as the "yellow vest" protests entered a second weekend.

They have been named after the fluorescent jackets worn by protesters, which motorists must keep in their cars by law

Of course these are all lies.

This statement is so not credible that only one source reported it in the French media, and not the most reliable one. Castaner and Le Pen have been insulting and attacking each other constantly since he was appointed. In fact, she insulted him on his first day on the job. But of course, you can't know that since you base your idea on a single article.
Also, your article only mention one protest, only in Paris. In case you didn't know, there have been protests in a dozen cities, several times before and after the one in your source. So even if that were true, it's definitely not representative of the movement as a whole.
Try again.
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#86  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 06, 2018 3:57 pm

You should learn that you dont have any say over what I say. You are talking rubbish and you know it. So "French Media" is the only source. You dont offer evidence. Just make claims. You obviously did not read I posted. Twitter is not a source. If you believe that rubbish well I am sorry for you. There are plenty of real sources describing the involvement of the right wing. Maybe it is getting to close.

You dont get it do you. The are many sources. I just quoted one. Sometimes when you are too close you cant see the woods for the trees.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#87  Postby aban57 » Dec 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote: So "French Media" is the only source. You dont offer evidence.

And how am I supposed to offer evidence that your bullshit is not reported in the French media, even Le Monde ?

Scot Dutchy wrote: Just make claims. You obviously did not read I posted.
Actually, you didn't read it, as it confirms what I'm saying. It doesn't report any violence from Le Pen's far-right, only Castaner's statement on it.

Scot Dutchy wrote:Twitter is not a source. If you believe that rubbish well I am sorry for you. There are plenty of real sources describing the involvement of the right wing. Maybe it is getting to close.

When I say "Le Pen received threats (sometimes death threats) from "gilets jaunes" on twitter if she came to a protest" then yes, twitter is a source. Just because you don't understand what it is or because it goes against your belief doesn't mean it's not a source.
As I said, a few people belonging to the far-right were in the protests, it doesn't mean they are representative of the entire movement or that they initiated the violences. Some of the "casseurs" as we call them are associated with some ultra-right and ultra-left small groups, as it's been the case in all protests in the last 5 years or so, but they were a minority among the people detained and judged.
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#88  Postby aban57 » Dec 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Also, Macron just said in a meeting where he invited all political parties to talk about the current situation "Le Pen was the best, and that speaks volumes".
Even Macron tells you that you're full of shit.
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm

aban57 wrote:Also, Macron just said in a meeting where he invited all political parties to talk about the current situation "Le Pen was the best, and that speaks volumes".

Why the insults?
Quoting from by the looks of a minor magazine. A right wing magazine. Not much info on it. I cant see Macron saying that Le pen was the best. Are you by chance a Le Pen supporter? You are very sensitive about any mention of the right.
Outside of France Le Pen is very suspect.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#90  Postby aban57 » Dec 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
aban57 wrote:Also, Macron just said in a meeting where he invited all political parties to talk about the current situation "Le Pen was the best, and that speaks volumes".

Why the insults?
Quoting from by the looks of a minor magazine. A right wing magazine. Not much info on it. I cant see Macron saying that Le pen was the best. Are you by chance a Le Pen supporter? You are very sensitive about any mention of the right.

OK now you just switched from bullshit to insane and dishonnest. Bye.
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#91  Postby Keep It Real » Dec 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Scot Dutchy has said in the past he wished he had undergone gender reassignment surgery in his youth, but is now too old. FYI Cedric.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell play people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 06, 2018 6:27 pm

What has got that to do with the price of milk.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#93  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 06, 2018 6:28 pm

aban57 wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Why the insults?

OK now you just switched from bullshit to insane and dishonnest. Bye.

Too close to call maybe?

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#94  Postby aban57 » Dec 06, 2018 8:12 pm

Another protest planned this Saturday in Paris. 89000 cops and 12 armored vehicules will be facing them. It won't end well...
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#95  Postby Keep It Real » Dec 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Base.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell play people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#96  Postby Cito di Pense » Dec 07, 2018 11:13 am

aban57 wrote:Another protest planned this Saturday in Paris. 89000 cops and 12 armored vehicules will be facing them. It won't end well...

The problems are not going to be solved by people of ordinary intelligence:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/worl ... ss&emc=rss

That means it's going to take geniuses like us to save the planet.

Why don't governments use new taxes to help the poor purely directly? I'll give you one guess. If you're a genius, you don't need to guess.

That's right, folks. People are evil. Time to go back to church, or else quit whining that only a few are chosen.

When the shit hits the fan, whatever hits the fan is not going to be distributed evenly. If you ever thought the last were going to be first someday, instead of in the middle of the pack, or worse, it's time to guess again. Whoever brings up the rear has to bring up the rear. Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes. Get it, yet?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#97  Postby mattthomas » Dec 07, 2018 12:41 pm

About $115US to fill my tank here in the UK... feck sake
mattthomas

Print view this post

#98  Postby aban57 » Dec 07, 2018 3:17 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
aban57 wrote:Another protest planned this Saturday in Paris. 89000 cops and 12 armored vehicules will be facing them. It won't end well...

The problems are not going to be solved by people of ordinary intelligence:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/worl ... ss&emc=rss

That means it's going to take geniuses like us to save the planet.

Why don't governments use new taxes to help the poor purely directly? I'll give you one guess. If you're a genius, you don't need to guess.

That's right, folks. People are evil. Time to go back to church, or else quit whining that only a few are chosen.

When the shit hits the fan, whatever hits the fan is not going to be distributed evenly. If you ever thought the last were going to be first someday, instead of in the middle of the pack, or worse, it's time to guess again. Whoever brings up the rear has to bring up the rear. Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes. Get it, yet?

If you're directly talking to me here, it means you caught the same brain eating-turned moron disease as SD. Nothing in what I said suggest I think what you say I think. I don't agree with this movement, whether it's their methods or their demands. So pack up your condescending bullshit, there's no one to convince here.
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#99  Postby Cito di Pense » Dec 07, 2018 3:51 pm

aban57 wrote:
If you're directly talking to me here... there's no one to convince here.

Oh, look! You answered your own question. You're a genius. Save the planet. It won't end well.

aban57 wrote:it's definitely not representative of the movement as a whole.
Try again.

What movement? There's no one to convince, here.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#100  Postby aban57 » Dec 07, 2018 4:37 pm

aban57 wrote:it means you caught the same brain eating-turned moron disease as SD.

Looks like I was spot on.
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs