Israel sees Assad winning Syria war, urges more U.S. involve

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Israel sees Assad winning Syria war, urges more U.S. involve

#21  Postby aliihsanasl » Oct 27, 2017 11:43 am

aban57 wrote:
aliihsanasl wrote:

That doesn't make sense to me, in order to be Islamic caliph you have to be recognized by religious representatives of each Muslim state.

Not if your goal is to impose your califate by force.

You can't be caliph that way I forgot to mention in former post but holy relics have to be in the possession of the caliph too which are in Topkapi palace at the moment.

Using force to impose your caliphate is something like someone's self declaration of the king of British royal family.

When someone say 'I'm the religious leader of this Tekke' (religious tiny group of a few hundred) unless you have signed paper you can't lead that group.
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#22  Postby aban57 » Oct 27, 2017 11:51 am

aliihsanasl wrote:
aban57 wrote:
aliihsanasl wrote:

That doesn't make sense to me, in order to be Islamic caliph you have to be recognized by religious representatives of each Muslim state.

You can't be caliph that way I forgot to mention in former post but holy relics have to be in the possession of the caliph too which are in Topkapi palace at the moment.

Using force to impose your caliphate is something like someone's self declaration of the king of British royal family.

When someone say 'I'm the religious leader of this Tekke' (religious tiny group of a few hundred) unless you have signed paper you can't lead that group.

Clearly you haven't paid attention at what happened in the last 5 years in Irak, Syria and Libya.
ISIS has claimed property on vast lands, adding them to their califate, and then imposed charia on the people living there, no matter what their religion was.
Their goal was to have full authority on the area covered by the map I already shared, which contained Saudi Arabia.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Teague » Oct 27, 2017 11:55 am

Syria's a little bit more tricky to get these days. On one hand, we have the west telling us Assad is an asshole but then we see reports that the people love him and it's the west that's the asshole trying to topple him. He's backed by Putin who's an asshole and then Israel chime in and they're assholes so everybody is an asshole it's just trying to work out who's the bigger asshole.

Of course, if they didn't need a pipeline going through it for gas/oil for $trillions nobody would give a shit so we know who the real assholes are as always, the fossil fuel industry.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#24  Postby aliihsanasl » Oct 27, 2017 12:23 pm

aban57 wrote:
aliihsanasl wrote:
aban57 wrote:
aliihsanasl wrote:

Clearly you haven't paid attention at what happened in the last 5 years in Irak, Syria and Libya.
ISIS has claimed property on vast lands, adding them to their califate, and then imposed charia on the people living there, no matter what their religion was.
Their goal was to have full authority on the area covered by the map I already shared, which contained Saudi Arabia.

Yeah clearly I didn't pay attention but all that time I was discussing on likely topics with you and you had that type of attitude blaming that I don't follow news.

What ISIS call themselves and how much money they collect money from people under their authority doesn't matter because they collect it pointing guns. People celebrating when they leave a region.

Both for Islamic point of view they're terrorists and for international arena.

A mafia leader can collect money in my district and behave like authority but that lasts only until cops arrive.
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#25  Postby aban57 » Oct 27, 2017 12:57 pm

aliihsanasl wrote:
aban57 wrote:
aliihsanasl wrote:
aban57 wrote:

Yeah clearly I didn't pay attention but all that time I was discussing on likely topics with you and you had that type of attitude blaming that I don't follow news.

What ISIS call themselves and how much money they collect money from people under their authority doesn't matter because they collect it pointing guns. People celebrating when they leave a region.

This is a non sequitur. The fact that they imposed their califate at gunpoint doesn't change what it is, or ISIS' goals.

aliihsanasl wrote:
Both for Islamic point of view they're terrorists and for international arena.

A mafia leader can collect money in my district and behave like authority but that lasts only until cops arrive.

Very true. But still meaningless from ISIS point of view. If bullies cared about that, they wouldn't exist. Mafia leaders flourish until they go to prison. All those people (dictators, criminals, bullies) do what they want to do, for their specific reason, regardless of whether they might be stopped one day.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#26  Postby proudfootz » Oct 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Syria is also a secular state, which makes sense for the Saudis, Israelis, and the USA to want to overthrow the country and create another post-apocalyptic wasteland.
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#27  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Oct 28, 2017 4:24 pm

aliihsanasl wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:
aliihsanasl wrote:A Sunni and jihadist group's being that silent against the number one ally of USA in the region when their objective is to fight against American interests isn't possible to explain with any logic.

What are you talking about? ISIS' objective is to establish a world-wide caliphate. They choose the easy targets - places where there is chaos and a power vacuum.

Israel most definitely does not have chaos and a power vacuum. It has working and experienced military forces, modern equipment, etc. ISIS trying to invade Israel at this point would be utter stupidity.

Alright then explain us why they perform violent terrorist attacks in EU and USA, is there choas and power vacuum in France, Spain, Germany, England or USA ?

Notice how they are performing these rare terrorist attacks, not attempting to invade and take control. What they are doing with these attacks is to fake a global reach.

Even if they were doing such attacks to become popular best way to do it would be attacking Israil and its a country in the region.

Israel is already being hit with terrorist attacks (although they have gotten good at smacking down terrorists).
WayOfTheDodo

Name: Raphus Cucullatus

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs