Jeffrey Epstein’s connections to Donald Trump and Bill Clint

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Jeffrey Epstein’s connections to Donald Trump and Bill Clint

#61  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 12, 2019 9:29 am

Well I put a big large question mark about anything they do especially with Trump in the background.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby Cito di Pense » Aug 12, 2019 10:15 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:Well I put a big large question mark about anything they do especially with Trump in the background.

No, you don't, actually. You seem pretty sure that dirty deeds are being done. Don't feel bad; you're not alone among the membership, here. It's getting to be a kind of hobby, a big large one:

Scot Dutchy wrote:Who is paying them?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#63  Postby Cito di Pense » Aug 12, 2019 10:25 am

I'm With Stupid wrote:It's not a massive stretch to be suspicious when someone dies in custody before they go to trial for a series of crimes that could compromise a lot of powerful people.

No, it's not, but we can hope all this suspicion on the part of the blogosphere is going to have some effect on anyone who could unveil the great conspiracy.

So, what do we think is the real reason a certain sector is now yammering so vociferously about Epstein? Could it be that somebody believes the blogosphere is an effective weapon against corruption?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 12, 2019 10:54 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:Exactly. Why would he kill himself?

What about the several reasons I've already given you?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#65  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 12, 2019 10:54 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:

Bollocks. People like him dont give up. They take revenge. Taking the kool-aid. Well done.

:crazy:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#66  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 12, 2019 10:58 am

aban57 wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Judge and jury are we? He got a "sweetheart" deal before why not again? These people dont want to die.

There's no way he was going to get a good deal this time around. There's far too much heat on the case now.

Please, please. Be rational. What would he get IF found guilty? Keep drinking.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beautful, innit?

Be rational and leap uncritically into my wilful conspiracy theory speculation based on nothing but my gut instinct.

I told you aban - this subforum basically has fuck all to do with the rest of the site. :conspiracy: Never has, never will.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#67  Postby Spinozasgalt » Aug 12, 2019 12:26 pm

I did like the joke I saw on Twitter about this. If Hillary (or the Clintons) had this sort of shadowy power over events, why couldn't she use it to rig the damn election!?
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Spearthrower wrote:

Nothing else is possible according to you? What about the simple fact he would not.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#69  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Nothing else is possible according to you?

Funny eh?

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/news- ... l#p2709332

Spearthrower wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Is there anyone that actually believes this was suicide?

I believe its the default explanation until evidence warrants other causes.

Many things are 'possible' - but there's a wide gulf between 'possible' and 'actually happened', and that gulf is filled with evidence, not emotive speculation.

Whereas, you've already said:

Scot Dutchy wrote:The trouble is we will never know one way or the other.

But while contending we will never know, you also apparently want to insist that he didn't in fact kill himself but rather was murdered, and that anyone who doesn't leap to join you in that belief based on nothing is...

Scot Dutchy wrote:Taking the kool-aid.

Typical conspiracy claptrap.

Scot Dutchy wrote:What about the simple fact he would not.

What about the standard usage of the word 'fact'?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#70  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 12, 2019 1:15 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are really something. Please dont give up your day job. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#71  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 12, 2019 1:40 pm

Says the guy working overtime at the tin foil factory :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#72  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 12, 2019 2:09 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are really something. Please dont give up your day job. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What exactly are you supposed to be laughing at, Scot?

Given what I've written, all it would take to convince me that he was murdered is evidence.

Whereas given what you've written, you apparently would never believe, regardless of anything shown to you, that Epstein committed suicide - you've already constructed a convenient little narrative about how we'll never know, and the same shadowy forces which performed the alleged deed here presumably could just as easily manipulate a coroner, or an autopsy report.

Which one is the rational position to hold? Which one is clearly antithetical to reason?

I know, I know, it's the Politics subforum, so bravado, condescension, and overt displays of over-confidence are the preferred means of staking discursive legitimacy, but we all know that your comments here directly emulate every other conspiracy theorist in history. You know it too. Back down Scot, it's not hard and you won't lose face for not digging deeper into a stupid position.

Remember: rational skepticism, the entire fucking point of this forum is to challenge wishful thinking.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#73  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 12, 2019 2:12 pm

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're trying to reason with Scot. You must be new here :)
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#74  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Aug 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Life's too short.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#75  Postby Calilasseia » Aug 12, 2019 3:43 pm

One thought that crosses my mind over this, is that while alive, Epstein could have struck a plea bargain with investigators, in exchange for incriminating data allowing them to land a dozen or so other very big fish. He would almost certainly have been mercenary enough to do this if he had sufficiently explosive incriminating data.

However, if he was pushed rather than jumped, statements by the investigating team, to the effect that they're continuing the investigation, and will be giving Epstein's papers a microscopic examination, have made any murder of Epstein counter-productive. If indeed he was bumped off, doing so has made it even easier for the investigators to comb the data if it exists. Now that he's dead, the investigators no longer face any dilemma arising from arranging a plea bargain with an odious child sex trafficker, because they can now access that data without bothering with a plea bargain. That they've signalled their intent to do precisely that, means that some of those rich, powerful people who thought his death would save their necks, are now shitting themselves big time.

I'm willing to bet this development has much to do with her Maj making a public show of being seen with Andrew. Quite how Charles will react to seeing certain newspaper reports of Andrew being described as "her favourite son", is of course another juicy area of speculation. But if those investigators start digging deep into what Epstein knew about Andrew's shady dealings, the possibility becomes open that sexual shenanigans will be the least of Andrew's worries. Not least because Andrew has form with respect to schmoozing with dodgy characters in the world of arms dealing, at least according to some, shall we say, interesting paragraphs tucked away in corners of Private Eye. Even the Wikipedia page devoted to him mentions some shady goings on in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, for example (one juicy titbit being reported by no less a personage than a US ambassador), and there are a lot of outstanding questions extant over his role as a supposed 'trade envoy' for the UK, again covered in some detail on the Wikipedia page.

Now if Epstein possessed compromising intelligence on Andrew's activities in several former Soviet republics, not to mention less than desirable entanglements with arms sales to despotic regimes, that would, in the proper scheme of things, be far more damaging than where Andrew chose to dip his wick. Though one has to factor in here, the tendency of a segment of the newspaper buying public in the UK, to exhibit a perverse set of priorities in this vein. In particular, the sort that think the Daily Mail and Daily Express constitute newspapers in the genuine sense of the word, as opposed to being distraction mills working on behalf of slimy vested interests, have a habit of launching into pyroclastic paroxysms over sexual freewheeling (possibly motivated by envy), whilst responding to arms trade skulduggery and corruption with an apathetic 'meh', particularly if they're sold the line that said malfeasance means we're putting one over the Smelly Brown Foreign PeopleTM. Though the only way that the idolatrous royalist segment could be persuaded to disown someone like Andrew, is if he was caught in flagrante delicto being given a rear ending by several black guys, a scenario unlikely to come to pass in the light of the Koo Stark affair.

Even if any horizontal jogging with girls young enough to be his daughters did come to light and enter the public domain, the lyrically hypnotised royalists would still make excuses for him, in much the same vein as members of fundamentalist congregations break out the apologetics on a grand scale, when their 'pastors' are found to have played 'hide the sausage' with 12 year olds. And, of course, the Establishment machine would swing into full damage limitation mode, almost certainly involving execrable persecution of the victims. But shady financial dealings bearing the whiff of at least some level of treason, that's a different matter. Anything of that sort lurking in Epstein's papers, and being brought into the public domain, would be a solid gold gift to republicans here (which, I emphasise, have no connections with Americans of the same name).

But, of course, we will have to wait for the aforementioned microscopic examination of papers to begin, before any of the above bears even a remote chance of panning out. There'll be a few sleepless nights among the rich and powerful while that's taking place.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#76  Postby Macdoc » Aug 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Epstein already tried suicide earlier ....question is why wasn't he on suicide watch. KISS
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#77  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Aug 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Many expected he would not make it to trial because of the power of those implicated, but he also had very good cause for wanting to die as he was not likely to escape justice this time. Almost certainly many powerful people wanted him to die.

He died.

It would have been far easier for him to kill himself than for someone to arrange his death, but then the easiest way to kill him would be to just let him do it himself. Unbelievably, they let him do it, either through extreme incompetence or malfeasance.

The department that will be investigating this is headed by someone who has shown themselves to be a lacky of the President (who is also implicated in child rape with Epstein) and motivated by politics rather than justice.

This is a complete FUBAR.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#78  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Remember: rational skepticism, the entire fucking point of this forum is to challenge wishful thinking.

The wishful thinking is he killed himself.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#79  Postby aban57 » Aug 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Remember: rational skepticism, the entire fucking point of this forum is to challenge wishful thinking.

Why did you come here in the first place ? I mean, you don't even know what reason or skepticism is, let alone exercising it, your posts are filled with generalizations or other fallacious "arguments", so, I'm wondering.
Wouldn't you fit right in on Infowars or any other conspiracy forum ?
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#80  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 12, 2019 5:36 pm

aban57 wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Why did you come here in the first place ? I mean, you don't even know what reason or skepticism is, let alone exercising it, your posts are filled with generalizations or other fallacious "arguments", so, I'm wondering.
Wouldn't you fit right in on Infowars or any other conspiracy forum ?

Why do you come here? Just tell me? Your reasoning is non existent. Your posts are filled with crap. You dont even make generalisations because you are unable to. Stop the insults as I could tell you to go to other suitable forums.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs