Justin Bieber says homosexuality is a choice

and that abortion is wrong even when pregnancy is caused by rape.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron, Matt8819, Ironclad

Re: Justin Bieber says homosexuality is a choice

#21  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Oct 30, 2011 5:12 pm

edit. The article is 8 months old.
Last edited by Ihavenofingerprints on Oct 30, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby BrandySpears » Oct 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Ancient article.
BrandySpears

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Scot Dutchy » Oct 30, 2011 5:16 pm

Is he/she a transsexual?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
[/i]
Scot Dutchy

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Teox » Oct 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Ihavenofingerprints wrote:edit. The article is 8 months old.

Oh didn't realise,
So because it's old that makes him right then. :roll:
Anything you experience based on knowledge is an illusion. U G Krishnamurti
Teox

Name: Teox
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby willhud9 » Oct 31, 2011 1:49 am

Honestly....who cares? Yes he is influential amongst the younger girls but he stated an opinion. A stupid one, but an opinion nonetheless. I think this is a perfect time for parents to go, "Oh yeah btw little Susie q, celebrities, athletes, talk show hosts, and other media attention grabbers generally don't know shit about anything. So do your own research, make your own opinion and do not base your opinion off of a 16 year old singer's." See how hard is it. Or have we forgotten parental/guardian roles in raising a kid?
"Well sweet Mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, you sound like a majestic fucking eagle." ~Instructor Shadis
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 31, 2011 2:16 am

Trouble is, we live in a world where all too many idiots listen to wet behind the ears dipsticks like this, just because they're fucking "celebrities". Frankly I fail to see why so many teenage girls get wet between the legs when they see this particular specimen, because he looks like a nine year old girl with a chronic bed-wetting problem. He manifestly possesses even fewer functioning brain cells than some nine year old girls, and if he's going to dismiss rape with this sort of callous apologetic excrement, then he needs teaching a lesson - in this case with a razor wire dildo and no lube. Will anyone outside of our circle call him out on this, or will he continue gliding through life, shielded from the consequences of his inability to place his mouth under proper neuronal control?

A classic case of the Peter Principle in action.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby andyx1205 » Oct 31, 2011 2:28 am

Btw I am proud to be one of those people that has yet to listen to a full Bieber song.
"If a man who sees the essence of social and individual reality says what he sees...he is taken to be egocentric, aggressive and vain...[even if] these convictions are acquired by intense experience and thought..." - Erich Fromm
andyx1205

Name: Andy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Lion IRC » Oct 31, 2011 2:36 am

willhud9 wrote:Honestly....who cares? Yes he is influential amongst the younger girls but he stated an opinion. A stupid one, but an opinion nonetheless. I think this is a perfect time for parents to go, "Oh yeah btw little Susie q, celebrities, athletes, talk show hosts, and other media attention grabbers generally don't know shit about anything. So do your own research, make your own opinion and do not base your opinion off of a 16 year old singer's." See how hard is it. Or have we forgotten parental/guardian roles in raising a kid?

"...celebrities...generally don't know shit about anything..."

Rrrrrrrrrrright!
Thats why "The Rational Response Squad" list these media attention grabbers as "Best Friends"

For some people homosexuality is a choice. That's why its called sexual preference. The bisexual person is not compelled to act bisexually. The person who, late in life, "decides" they are gay was not compelled to get married and raise 3 children with a member of the opposite sex.
FORMAL DEBATE - Lion IRC (affirmative) vs Crocodile Gandhi (negative)
Topic - Gay marriage should not be legalised in society.
Moderator - Durro
Now Showing HERE.
Lion IRC
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#30  Postby Onyx8 » Oct 31, 2011 2:39 am

Calilasseia wrote:Trouble is, we live in a world where all too many idiots listen to wet behind the ears dipsticks like this, just because they're fucking "celebrities". Frankly I fail to see why so many teenage girls get wet between the legs when they see this particular specimen, because he looks like a nine year old girl with a chronic bed-wetting problem. He manifestly possesses even fewer functioning brain cells than some nine year old girls, and if he's going to dismiss rape with this sort of callous apologetic excrement, then he needs teaching a lesson - [b]in this case with a razor wire dildo and no lube.[/b] Will anyone outside of our circle call him out on this, or will he continue gliding through life, shielded from the consequences of his inability to place his mouth under proper neuronal control?

A classic case of the Peter Principle in action.

My bold.

Shit, Cali, he's a kid. Kids say dumb things. Over the top much?
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Strontium Dog » Oct 31, 2011 2:46 am

Belief in fate merits being anally raped and mutilated, dontcha know.
If a liberal party does something, then that act, by definition, is a liberal one. The only alternative is that they are not a liberal party.

Someone earning £1m pa will pay £381k more tax on their income under the coalition than under Labour
Strontium Dog

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Lion IRC » Oct 31, 2011 2:53 am

andyx1205
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post1 ... l#p1049582

Calilasseia
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post1 ... l#p1049572

Screen capt and logged. Reported !
Disgusting to incite violence against Justin Bieber.
Moderator - Durro
Now Showing HERE.
Lion IRC
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#33  Postby Lion IRC » Oct 31, 2011 2:55 am

Global Moderator.
You should resign!
Moderator - Durro
Now Showing HERE.
Lion IRC
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#34  Postby willhud9 » Oct 31, 2011 2:55 am

Lion IRC wrote:
willhud9 wrote:Honestly....who cares? Yes he is influential amongst the younger girls but he stated an opinion. A stupid one, but an opinion nonetheless. I think this is a perfect time for parents to go, "Oh yeah btw little Susie q, celebrities, athletes, talk show hosts, and other media attention grabbers generally don't know shit about anything. So do your own research, make your own opinion and do not base your opinion off of a 16 year old singer's." See how hard is it. Or have we forgotten parental/guardian roles in raising a kid?

Rrrrrrrrrrright!
Thats why "The Rational Response Squad" list these media attention grabbers as "Best Friends"

For some people homosexuality is a choice. That's why its called sexual preference. The bisexual person is not compelled to act bisexually. The person who, late in life, "decides" they are gay was not compelled to get married and raise 3 children with a member of the opposite sex.

Christians do it just the same. However, Carl Sagan is on the list. Carl Sagan never made claims that went beyond his area of expertise. He never told a singer how to sing or an actor the correct way to act. Likewise he never told someone how to live their life etc. He stuck with what he knew and that was astronomy and science. His connection to science led him to question God's belief and therefore he reached a conclusion that God probably does not exist.

However, his atheistic views are second place to the fact that he was a great astronomer.

Bieber on the other hand is a 16 year old pop singer. The only "authority" he has on any subject is singing into a mic, and dancing in front of a bunch of squealing young girls. When I want advise on that I may go to him (probably not) but its the thought that counts.

To show you I am fair, lets take one of my favourite actors John Rhys-Davies If he came out and told me that global warming was real, was occurring, and that I need to do something about it, I would not choose to acknowledge global warming's existence and cause for alarm simply because John Rhys-Davies told me to. That's the authority fallacy. I would do the research myself and make my own conclusion. I may or may not agree with Rhys-Davies.

If someone is an atheist/Christian simply because a "celebrity" is one then those fucking people need to wake up and smell the roses.
"Well sweet Mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, you sound like a majestic fucking eagle." ~Instructor Shadis
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Oct 31, 2011 2:56 am

I plan to chop Justin Bieber's head off with an axe next time I see him.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby willhud9 » Oct 31, 2011 2:58 am

Ihavenofingerprints wrote:I plan to chop Justin Bieber's head off with an axe next time I see him.

Which head? Oh wait he only has one. Huehue. Okay my JB joke is out of the way.
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#37  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 31, 2011 3:08 am

Lion IRC wrote:

Rrrrrrrrrrright!

Except that the list you've just pointed to includes actual intellectuals. Let's see ... Richard Feynman, Nobel Prize winning physicist ... Noam Chomsky, father of modern linguistics ... Francis Crick, Nobel Prize winning biologist ... Alan Turing, inventor of the modern digital computer and seminal contributor to mathematics (not to mention developmental biology) ... Stephen Jay Gould, seminal contributor to evolutionary biology ... Bertrand Russell, mathematician and philosopher ... Carl Sagan, astronomer with over 600 scientific papers to his name ... Daniel Dennett, cognitive scientist and philosopher ... Richard Leakey, palaeontologist and palaeoanthropologist ... Isaac Asimov, professor of biochemistry and award winning science fiction author ... a long way removed from Justin Bieber.

Lion IRC wrote:For some people homosexuality is a choice. That's why its called sexual preference.

Bollocks plain and simple, and not only a deliberate and dishonest apologetic bait and switch, but homophobic to boot. There's enough real science publications in existence, flushing the "homosexuality is a choice" myth down the toilet, to keep anyone who bothers to look them up occupied with reading matter for months.

Lion IRC wrote:The bisexual person is not compelled to act bisexually.

Once again, I suggest you read some actual science covering this matter, instead of bullshit propaganda from homophobic assholes like Paul Cameron and NOM.

Lion IRC wrote:The person who, late in life, "decides" they are gay was not compelled to get married and raise 3 children with a member of the opposite sex.

Oh please, this is such complete hogwash as to be beneath deserving of a point of view. The well-documented history of homophobic repression provides the compulsion you're pretending was somehow absent. Do I have to rub your nose in Alan Turing's case in order to make this manifest? This was a man who, despite having saved Western Civilisation's bacon from the Nazis courtesy of his work at Bletchley Park, was given two choices: go to prison for being gay, or become a human guinea pig for dubious "treatment" of his homosexuality. The same powers that be, that breathed a huge fucking sigh of relief when his work enabled the Allies to win World War II, apparently saw no irony in subjecting him to discrimination of a sort that would have been approved by the vanquished enemy. And that's before we factor in the crude, homophobic bigotry routinely given air time by Fox News from the likes of Rick Santorum and other fully paid up members of the Christofascist tendency.

Do you ever bother checking any facts before posting this bullshit, Lion?
Calilasseia

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#38  Postby quill » Oct 31, 2011 3:11 am

Lion IRC wrote:For some people homosexuality is a choice. That's why its called sexual preference. The bisexual person is not compelled to act bisexually.

What? Of course bisexual people are compelled to act bisexually. What a strange comment.

Lion IRC wrote:The person who, late in life, "decides" they are gay was not compelled to get married and raise 3 children with a member of the opposite sex.

How do you know that?
"Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it’s just the opposite." ~John Kenneth Galbraith
quill

Print view this post

#39  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 31, 2011 3:12 am

Lion IRC wrote:andyx1205
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post1 ... l#p1049582

Calilasseia
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post1 ... l#p1049572

Screen capt and logged. Reported !
Disgusting to incite violence against Justin Bieber.

Pull the other one Lion, it's got fucking bells on. What part of the words "conditional statement" do you not understand? You know, that word "IF" at the beginning? You really are scraping the barrel with this. Plus, I notice you have no problem with this individual's obscene claim that women being raped is all part of some grand plan by your magic man, and that they should suck on the after effects whether they like it or not. Do you share this view perchance? Only I think women might want to be informed about this if you do.
Calilasseia

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#40  Postby GreatApe » Oct 31, 2011 3:28 am

andy1205x wrote: Btw I am proud to be one of those people that has yet to listen to a full Bieber song.

I, too, count myself among the lucky few who have yet to hear a Justin Bieber tune (despite the fact that I live in China where he is IMMENSELY popular)! I know this cannot last forever, especially with the popularity of KTV (Karaoke Television), here in Asia (another thing I try depserately to avoid)!

Old article or NOT ... a life-time of curses upon you Justin Bieber! ... take your miserable opinions and your gawdawful pop music and piss off, eh!?

--GA
Last edited by GreatApe on Oct 31, 2011 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
---------------------------------
"Quiero Saber" : Gipsy Kings
GreatApe

Name: GreatApe
Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs