Liberal Democrat Watch

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Liberal Democrat Watch

#1861  Postby ED209 » Jul 21, 2016 1:24 pm

Remember when there used to be a yellow tory party? Well guess what:

The Lib Dems denied us Nick Clegg’s ‘pop video’, but we found behind-the-scenes footage [VIDEO]

This morning the Press Association reported that the Liberal Democrats confirmed the existence of a spoof pop video made by Nick Clegg. As part of his general election campaign in 2015, Clegg recreated Carly Rae Jepsen’s video for her hit pop song I Really Like You. Unfortunately, though, as quickly as a party spokesman had confirmed its existence, they had assured the press they would not be releasing it. But we found behind-the-scenes footage anyway....

[Video at link]

Speaking to The Canary, the Lib Dem press office confirmed that their official line was “yes it does exist, and no you can’t see it.” Pressed on why they eventually decided not to release it, their answer was:

Once you’ve seen it, you can’t unsee it.

:lol:
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#1862  Postby ronmcd » Sep 13, 2016 4:34 pm

Unless politics of Scotland or electoral system change, Tories will remain "unassailable" at Westminster says @nick_clegg at Lobby lunch

https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/stat ... 3350024192

Scotland, where there's only 1 Tory MP? Idiot.
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#1863  Postby OlivierK » Sep 13, 2016 10:04 pm

This from a man who could have assailed the Tories in 2010 by simply not partnering with them to form a government.

Idiot is too kind a word.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1864  Postby Byron » Sep 13, 2016 10:15 pm

OlivierK wrote:This from a man who could have assailed the Tories in 2010 by simply not partnering with them to form a government.

Idiot is too kind a word.

Maybe instead Owen "Frothy Coffee" Smith's Lunacy Act. ;)

Alternatively, the Lib Dems should only have agreed to a coalition at the price of gutting the Conservative program: a referendum on proportional representation, no austerity, no tuition fees, reversal of cuts to welfare, sweeping reforms to boost civil liberties, and no chummy press conference in which Nick Clegg bounds up like an eager puppy, slobbers over the Pig Poker, and is then dispatched to various fagging duties.
I don't believe in the no-win scenario.
Kirk, Enterprise

Ms. Lovelace © Ms. Padua, resident of 2D Goggles
Byron

Male

Print view this post

#1865  Postby Beatsong » Sep 15, 2016 11:59 pm

Oh, and in case anyone think the lib dems might have actually LEARNT something from suffering the greatest electoral disaster in living history, here's Tim Farron on coalition with the tories:

Asked whether he could ever see the Lib Dems going into coalition with the Conservatives again, Farron said there were “all sorts of different options”.

He first encountered May when the pair stood against each other in the safe Labour seat of Durham in 1992, and recalled her as “very competent, very serious, very businesslike”.

Way to get your credibility back! And this fucking tool has the barefaced cheek to criticise Corbyn for not being a strong enough opposition. :crazy:
NEVER WRONG. ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM.
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1866  Postby CarlPierce » Sep 16, 2016 11:07 am

Beatsong wrote:Oh, and in case anyone think the lib dems might have actually LEARNT something from suffering the greatest electoral disaster in living history, here's Tim Farron on coalition with the tories:

Asked whether he could ever see the Lib Dems going into coalition with the Conservatives again, Farron said there were “all sorts of different options”.

He first encountered May when the pair stood against each other in the safe Labour seat of Durham in 1992, and recalled her as “very competent, very serious, very businesslike”.

Way to get your credibility back! And this fucking tool has the barefaced cheek to criticise Corbyn for not being a strong enough opposition. :crazy:
I love the new inclusive politics. Not resorting to childish insults which you may have noted your leader doesnt do. There are plenty of tools on this site.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1867  Postby ED209 » Sep 16, 2016 11:37 am

'Inclusive politics' doesn't extend to opposing parties - particularly tory lickspittles.
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#1868  Postby Beatsong » Sep 16, 2016 11:46 am

CarlPierce wrote:I love the new inclusive politics. Not resorting to childish insults which you may have noted your leader doesnt do. There are plenty of tools on this site.

I don't think you were listening properly. The interview with Farron I linked to was not about inclusiveness, it was about opposition. He was critising Corbyn for not leading a strong enough opposition. The idea that the answer to that charge is to "include" the very people you're suppose to be opposing, is such a self-contradiction only a follower of The Party That Stands For Nothing could believe it.

You can't "include" and "oppose" something at the same time. By all means choose which one you want to do (your party clearly has), but don't then come back with hypocritical and self-contradictory charges against others for not somehow doing both at once.

For my part, I have never and will never include the tories in my worldview or politics. They are the scum of the Earth and I despise them. They are the opposite of everything I believe about humanity and society; you might as well ask me to be inclusive of Mass-Murdering Peodophile Party. Don't like it? Fine, but there is no contradiction there.
NEVER WRONG. ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM.
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1869  Postby CarlPierce » Sep 16, 2016 2:37 pm

ED209 wrote:'Inclusive politics' doesn't extend to opposing parties - particularly tory lickspittles.
biggest Tory enablers are Labour who condemned us to Tory rule when they failed to bring in a fair voting system when they could have easily. Oh and for being useless fighting more with each other than any sustained opposition we could cheer at.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1870  Postby OlivierK » Sep 16, 2016 3:15 pm

Yeah, I agree with Carl, that's definitely worse than going into coalition with the Tories when they were short of a majority and voting for all their bills.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1871  Postby ED209 » Sep 17, 2016 9:04 pm

@LibDemNewbiesUK wrote:First timers can heckle @paddyashdown but beware he is trained in the takedown #ldconf

Flies are undone, big fella. Same old paddy.

Mind you with all the sexual harassment and predation by senior figures exposed within the yellow tory party recently you'd think they'd choose a different photo than one depicting their most famous philanderer already halfway to dropping his pants.
ED209

Print view this post

#1872  Postby ronmcd » Sep 17, 2016 10:16 pm

That's not the libdem conference, that's Paddy being taken from his maximum-security twilight home for the bewildered* on his way to vote last year. You can tell from the card around his neck to remind him what the fuck he's supposed to be doing today, and to remind him not to go all SAS on a polling officer.

* © Dame Edna
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#1873  Postby chairman bill » Sep 17, 2016 10:30 pm

To be fair to Paddy - he's ex-Royal Marines & ex-SBS, and therefore counts as a decent bloke, even if he's a bit of a twat
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1875  Postby ED209 » Sep 18, 2016 12:24 am

Lib Dem conference told careers advisors should suggest pupils become PROSTITUTES

The chariman of Cheltenham Lib Dems floated controversial idea as Tim Farron tried to distance himself from comments

School careers officers could suggest pupils ­become prostitutes, the Liberal Democrat ­conference was told.

Dennis Parsons, the chairman of Cheltenham Liberal Democrats, floated the controversial idea at a special session on sex work, writes Karen Rockett for the Sunday People ....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/the-people/denn ... ar_twitter

Same old yellow tories :roll:
ED209

Print view this post

#1876  Postby ronmcd » Sep 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Is there a shortage of prostitutes in Cheltenham? Good old Orange Book Libdems, bowing down to the God of Supply & Demand above all else.
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#1877  Postby Alan B » Sep 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Well, look at Nick Clegg. He prostituted a position of power - he really fucked it up!
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1878  Postby ronmcd » Sep 18, 2016 2:57 pm

Alan B wrote:Well, look at Nick Clegg. He prostituted a position of power - he really fucked it up!

You're saying Clegg is even shit at being a prostitute? Okay, I can buy that. (the premise, not ... anyway)
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#1880  Postby OlivierK » Sep 21, 2016 6:43 am

Well, it makes sense that he'd try to stand on someone else's record. I mean, he's not going to get very far by reminding people of the LibDems' recent work.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs