Liberal Democrat Watch

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Liberal Democrat Watch

#2281  Postby Tracer Tong » Jul 10, 2017 1:32 pm

CarlPierce wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:
Matt_B wrote:Even if he's not much of a long term pick, Vince Cable would be a good choice to root out the bullshit economics coming from the hard Brexit crowd.

He'll probably do that anyway though, regardless of whether it's as leader or not.

I wonder if his mad economic skillz with which he'll do that rooting out are the same ones he used to privatise Royal Mail, and for a song at that.

Royal mail sold at £4.50

Royal mail share price today £4.16

Don't let facts get in the way of your mindless insults its fun to just have a go at someone personally without addressing any arguments. Thought of standing as a kipper candidate?

The thing is, you're not dealing in facts yourself. The shares were sold at £3.30 each, not £4.50, though they jumped to above that level after a single day's worth of trading. So, aside from the stupidity of privatising it in the first place, it was sold for a song, as an additional kick in the teeth.

Perhaps you can raise the matter at your next garden party with Vince?
Die Alten sind weder die Juden, noch die Christen, noch die Engländer der Poesie. Sie sind nicht ein willkürlich auserwähltes Kunstvolk Gottes; noch haben sie den alleinseligmachenden Schönheitsglauben; noch besitzen sie ein Dichtungsmonopol.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2282  Postby ronmcd » Jul 27, 2017 11:17 am

It must be so upsetting for a former coalition minister to be reminded of the things she did in in the past, when all she wants to do is pretend she really believes the opposite now. How unfair!! Leave poor Jo alone, these two completely inconsistent positions are in no way inconsistent ...

https://twitter.com/LibDemPress/status/ ... 1530570752
.@JoSwinson on Supreme Court tribunal fees ruling - Govt has wasted workers' taxes trying to undermine workers' rights

Surely a different Jo Swinson from the one who in 2013 commended the fees for tackling the issue of "vexatious employment tribunal claims".

ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2283  Postby CarlPierce » Jul 28, 2017 11:15 am

Tracer Tong wrote:
CarlPierce wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:
Matt_B wrote:Even if he's not much of a long term pick, Vince Cable would be a good choice to root out the bullshit economics coming from the hard Brexit crowd.

He'll probably do that anyway though, regardless of whether it's as leader or not.

I wonder if his mad economic skillz with which he'll do that rooting out are the same ones he used to privatise Royal Mail, and for a song at that.

Royal mail sold at £4.50

Royal mail share price today £4.16

Don't let facts get in the way of your mindless insults its fun to just have a go at someone personally without addressing any arguments. Thought of standing as a kipper candidate?

The thing is, you're not dealing in facts yourself. The shares were sold at £3.30 each, not £4.50, though they jumped to above that level after a single day's worth of trading. So, aside from the stupidity of privatising it in the first place, it was sold for a song, as an additional kick in the teeth.

Perhaps you can raise the matter at your next garden party with Vince?

Your right it was £3.30 ok I will ask.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2284  Postby minininja » Sep 18, 2017 5:50 pm

It's all ok, we're going to Exit Brexit because Vince Cable has got a hat or something. :?

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndependent ... 063411636/
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]
minininja

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2286  Postby Tracer Tong » Sep 18, 2017 7:23 pm

The hat has since been privatised.
Die Alten sind weder die Juden, noch die Christen, noch die Engländer der Poesie. Sie sind nicht ein willkürlich auserwähltes Kunstvolk Gottes; noch haben sie den alleinseligmachenden Schönheitsglauben; noch besitzen sie ein Dichtungsmonopol.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2288  Postby ronmcd » Sep 19, 2017 10:59 am

Disappointing lack of rising to our anti libdem trolling.

But then Carl will be too busy at the conference. Wait, is that Carl in that cartoon in the bottom right? ;)
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2289  Postby Tracer Tong » Sep 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Carl has since been privatised for £0.70 a share.

Would have been more, but hashtag brexit problems.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2290  Postby ronmcd » Sep 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Aww, I just spotted Wee Willie Rennie listening to Sir Vince The Cable's speech, sitting in the front row with the big boys and girls. Cute. You'd think there would be a creche at the conference, somewhere Wee Willie could pet the animals or play on the slides, as per.
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2292  Postby Tracer Tong » Sep 19, 2017 2:38 pm

I daresay I just lol'd.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2293  Postby CarlPierce » Jan 14, 2018 12:35 am

Just wanted to resurrect this hey we are campaigning in the local elections trying to beat a few tories
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2294  Postby ronmcd » Jan 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Luckily, for some, I can't remember what it was I had intended posing into this thread a week or so ago. It's annoying me now.
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2295  Postby CarlPierce » Jan 15, 2018 3:36 pm

ronmcd wrote:Luckily, for some, I can't remember what it was I had intended posing into this thread a week or so ago. It's annoying me now.

Probably that you are sorry for always taking the wiz and you see now the LDs have the best policies.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2296  Postby ronmcd » Jan 17, 2018 6:30 pm

CarlPierce wrote:
ronmcd wrote:Luckily, for some, I can't remember what it was I had intended posing into this thread a week or so ago. It's annoying me now.

Probably that you are sorry for always taking the wiz and you see now the LDs have the best policies.

Aha. Ha. Hmm.

No.
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2297  Postby CarlPierce » Jan 18, 2018 12:23 am

ronmcd wrote:
CarlPierce wrote:

Aha. Ha. Hmm.

No.

Except we DO have the best policies.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2298  Postby Tracer Tong » Jan 18, 2018 7:15 pm

It's a good job you've so many seats in the Commons to enact them, I guess.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2299  Postby ronmcd » Jan 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Praise be! Saving his party from the obscurity and irrelevance Carl fears ... ladies & gentlemen ... I give you Scottish Lib Dem Alex Cole-Hamilton!

New SNP Party Political Broadcast (it's not very good, natch) features someone with a slight similarity to Scottish political journo David Torrance. Scotsman journo jokes about it on twitter:

https://twitter.com/RossMcCaff/status/9 ... 5948447744

The SNP's new party political broadcast is a Monty Python spoof - "what have the SNP ever done for us?", listing their achievements.

The problem?

They did the same one 7 years ago

A complete coincidence, I'm sure, that the contrary guy in the new video could be described as @davidtorrance-esque

Torrance himself responds to the tweet:
I dunno, if you think every guy with a beard and glasses looks the same then it covers quite a lot of folk (I never wear a collar and tie, for example)

Case closed, surely? Not for our hero Alex Cole-Hamilton:

https://twitter.com/RossMcCaff/status/9 ... 5572990977
My god I was taking the piss when I tweeted about the SNP broadcast and David Torrance.

A Lib Dem MSP has written to OFCOM!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#2300  Postby ronmcd » Jan 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Oh dear jebus, it gets better. This really is what I needed on a windy wet friday as I force myself to start my tax return :drunk:

https://twitter.com/agcolehamilton/stat ... 3754138624
I’ve laid a motion before Parliament today, criticising @theSNP for their recent broadcast appearing to lampoon @davidtorrance in a worrying, Trumpian challenge to press freedom & for falsely claiming credit for free personal care. I’ve also raised a formal complaint with @Ofcom

ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs