Mandela II ??

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Mandela II ??

#1  Postby Macdoc » Jul 19, 2018 7:17 am

maybe s africa has another chance

Brilliantly done graphics. :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Mandela II ??

#2  Postby laklak » Jul 19, 2018 12:12 pm

He needs to rein in Julius Malema if he wants to kickstart international investment.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#3  Postby juju7 » Jul 19, 2018 1:46 pm

laklak wrote:He needs to rein in Julius Malema if he wants to kickstart international investment.

Me?
juju7
Banned Sockpuppet

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Mike_L » Jul 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Macdoc wrote:maybe s africa has another chance

Sadly, no. Not with this bozo at the helm, anyway.
Ramaphosa was Deputy President of the country at the time that President Jacob Zuma and chums were plundering the treasury and "capturing" state-owned enterprises. Ramaphosa was either blissfully unaware of what was going on (i.e. fast asleep) or he knew about it and chose to turn a blind eye.

Back in 2015, Zuma controversially said that "the ANC [political party] comes first, not the country".
Ramaphosa is sufficiently canny not to make the same daft remark. More subtle he may be, but in recent interviews he's made it abundantly clear that he thinks along the same lines. These utterances, for example:
"I will give you a good example. Before president Zuma resigned, there were those who said: 'You are a weak president. Why haven't you kicked Zuma out, why haven't you dealt with him?'

"I said I would rather be seen as a weak president than split the ANC because that is not my mission. My mission is to keep the ANC united and I intend to succeed in having the ANC united."
(Link)

Translation: "The ANC comes first".

The markets and ratings agencies responded favorably to the ousting of Zuma, but the optimism was short-lived. All the economic indicators now reflect pessimism.
SA will continue its slide into the crapper for as long as the ANC (African National Corruption) remains ensconced on the throne.
Our only hope is that Jesus will come sooner rather than later.
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs