Nine people poisoned from meat after woman marinated it with

‘bonzai’ drug instead of thyme

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Nine people poisoned from meat after woman marinated it with

#1  Postby aliihsanasl » Mar 22, 2017 4:14 pm

"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

Re: Nine people poisoned from meat after woman marinated it with

#2  Postby crank » Mar 23, 2017 8:20 am

That's pretty awful, some guy lost his whole stash! Never heard of it, 'synthetic drug' doesn't say much, what kind of drug is it? Opiate, hallucinogen???
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#3  Postby BlackBart » Mar 23, 2017 11:38 am

She put something in her cooking from a plastic bag that she found?!. That's really a special kind of stupid.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Weaver » Mar 23, 2017 11:46 am

crank wrote:That's pretty awful, some guy lost his whole stash! Never heard of it, 'synthetic drug' doesn't say much, what kind of drug is it? Opiate, hallucinogen???

Looks like a synthetic cannabinoid - there are several, all with similar effects, and all way too widely available. I've treated a number of patients on this sort of shit.

http://mashable.com/2014/08/27/turkeys- ... GpaL2X2iqW
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby aliihsanasl » Mar 23, 2017 1:50 pm

crank wrote:That's pretty awful, some guy lost his whole stash! Never heard of it, 'synthetic drug' doesn't say much, what kind of drug is it? Opiate, hallucinogen???

Since AKP turned into a habit to increase the tax from alcohol %20-40 each year such weird drugs getting more and more popular.

Every week 3-5 people die from Bonzai, it turned into a ghetto culture. There are songs, T shirts about it.

This size beer is 2 $ and its impossible to be drunk only with it.

This tiny bag is 25 cent and mixing with tobacco they smoke it 1-2 weeks

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#6  Postby juju7 » Mar 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Yes, but what is it?
juju7
Banned Sockpuppet

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#7  Postby aliihsanasl » Mar 23, 2017 2:22 pm

juju7 wrote:Yes, but what is it?

I didn't know what it was too that's the wiki article, it says synthetic cannabinoids

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#8  Postby crank » Mar 23, 2017 2:29 pm

I always had syntactic problems when I smoked weed. That's a depressing situation, they tax alcohol and drive people to synthetics of unknown safety. Don't the brewers scream?
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Weaver » Mar 23, 2017 4:00 pm

juju7 wrote:Yes, but what is it?

Weaver wrote:

Looks like a synthetic cannabinoid - there are several, all with similar effects, and all way too widely available. I've treated a number of patients on this sort of shit.

http://mashable.com/2014/08/27/turkeys- ... GpaL2X2iqW
Retired AiF

Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Weaver » Mar 23, 2017 4:04 pm

This shit is only barely similar to marijuana, even the strongest versions of pot don't come close to the paranoia and psychosis experienced by many users of shit like "Spice", "K2" or (apparently) "Banzai."

We had a patient here who smoked a joint apparently laced with this who became convinced, somehow, that there was a foreign military invasion and that he needed to hide to survive. He crawled up into the ceiling above a bathroom in a building on campus and stayed there for over two full days, wrapping himself in fiberglass insulation to stay warm. He never came out even to get something to drink, and was dangerously dehydrated when we got him.

Another wanted very seriously to jump from the top of a four story building, and fought efforts to restrain him and bring him to safety for over an hour.

This shit does serious damage to people, and is spread around way too easily.
Retired AiF

Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Animavore » Mar 23, 2017 4:33 pm

I was in the beer garden once on a lovely, sunny day, having a great laugh and everything, when someone asked if I wanted a drag off some head shop shit so I took it for kicks and it was such a horrible experience I had to go home. I felt like I was going to have a stroke or brain haemorrhage. I couldn't think straight at all, as if some faculty was missing.

Ruined my day anyway. :lol:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#12  Postby quas » Mar 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Why not just try lion's tail?
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#13  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Mar 23, 2017 5:08 pm

This is why marijuana needs to be legal and this shit needs to be outlawed.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Anything that causes you to freak out like this should not be called "weed" or "marijuana". It is plant material soaked in dangerous psychoactive chemicals. This shit is sold legally and is destroying lives in rapid pace.

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15  Postby crank » Mar 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Weaver wrote:This shit is only barely similar to marijuana, even the strongest versions of pot don't come close to the paranoia and psychosis experienced by many users of shit like "Spice", "K2" or (apparently) "Banzai."

We had a patient here who smoked a joint apparently laced with this who became convinced, somehow, that there was a foreign military invasion and that he needed to hide to survive.

Doesn't that describe your typical Trump supporter?
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#16  Postby crank » Mar 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Animavore wrote:I was in the beer garden once on a lovely, sunny day, having a great laugh and everything, when someone asked if I wanted a drag off some head shop shit so I took it for kicks and it was such a horrible experience I had to go home. I felt like I was going to have a stroke or brain haemorrhage. I couldn't think straight at all, as if some faculty was missing.

Ruined my day anyway. :lol:

I was at a, appropriate actually, Chemical Brothers concert and someone passed me a joint, I took just 2 hits, not big drags, and started to get marvelously high, and then kept getting higher. The next thing I remember was being curled up in the fetal position on the floor, the place was empty except for employees begging me to get up because they had to close and lock up. They were amazingly polite and helpful considering the situation. It took a monumental effort for me to finally get up off the floor and drive home, just kidding, get a taxi to get home, I couldn't have driven 10 feet without crashing, actually, doubt I could have figured out how to start the engine. Don't have a clue what was in that shit, this was 1999 or 2000, it didn't leave any kind of hangover fortunately
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs