Plain old Trump Watch.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Plain old Trump Watch.

#41  Postby chairman bill » Jan 26, 2021 5:30 pm

Seabass wrote:... I posted it because when she says "our land" and "our country" she demonstrates that MAGA is an identitarian movement ...

I'm pretty sure she said "are land" and "are cuntry" :-)
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#42  Postby Hermit » Jan 26, 2021 5:52 pm

chairman bill wrote:
Seabass wrote:... I posted it because when she says "our land" and "our country" she demonstrates that MAGA is an identitarian movement ...

'Layand' and 'playan'. Probably would have pronounced 'Bible' as 'Bayable'. That woman is definitely unhinged. Not just in the way of "Trump supporter" unhinged. People would notice even if she were a Biden supporter.

I downloaded the video from her TikTok account and uploaded it to Youtube as is. While it was uploading I had a bit of a look at some of her other offerings. She made several hundred of them between April 2019 and now. That's when I worked out that she is unhinged in a general way. Not representative of Trumpists. I feel sorry for her and aborted the upload.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#43  Postby The_Piper » Jan 27, 2021 2:21 pm

Hermit wrote:
chairman bill wrote:

'Layand' and 'playan'. Probably would have pronounced 'Bible' as 'Bayable'.

Bahble. :)
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#44  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 27, 2021 4:40 pm

I don't know, man. "Shit" has two syllables sometimes.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#45  Postby The_Piper » Jan 27, 2021 4:56 pm

I'm telling y'all, it's bahble. Sheeit has two syllables, also. :mrgreen: Up here a lot of words have two syllables as well, only different words. Door=dowa, there=theya, here=heya, and so on. :)
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#46  Postby Hermit » Jan 27, 2021 5:41 pm

The_Piper wrote:I'm telling y'all, it's bahble.

Roy Moore says "Byable", so shut the fuck up, Pipes. :P

God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#47  Postby The_Piper » Jan 27, 2021 5:45 pm

Hermit wrote:

He's saying bahble. That's one of the only words he knows, apparently. I almost forgot about that interaction. :rofl:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#48  Postby TopCat » Jan 29, 2021 1:01 pm

Thommo wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:I’d like to watch him get thrown in jail first, but yeah.

No argument here. That would be even better!

I think his suffering should be as public as possible, and drawn out for as long as possible.

I think it would be quite cathartic - after the last 4 years, the whole world is entitled to his entertainment value, but without the accompanying despair.

Whether making him a martyr would be a bad thing or not, I'm still going to enjoy my vengeance fantasy for a little while longer, so there.

Joking apart, Nick Abbott on LBC has recently been drawing an analogy between Trump and horror movies, which I think bears repeating...

... if the monster only appears to have been dealt with, 15 minutes before the end, then you know for certain it's going to come back and cause plenty more horror before the final denouement.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#49  Postby The_Piper » Jan 31, 2021 7:59 pm

Shirtless horn tattoo guy is willing to speak against Trump at the impeachment trial.

Capitol rioter "horrendously smitten" by Trump willing to speak at impeachment trial, lawyer says

The lawyer for an Arizona man who took part in the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol while sporting face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns is offering to have his client, Jacob Chansley, testify at former President Donald Trump's upcoming impeachment trial. Lawyer Albert Watkins said it's important for senators to hear the voice of someone who was incited by Mr. Trump.

Watkins said his client was previously "horrendously smitten" by Mr. Trump but now feels let down after Mr. Trump's refusal to grant Chansley and others who participated in the insurrection a pardon. "He felt like he was betrayed by the president," Watkins said.

Chansley told investigators he came to the Capitol "at the request of the president that all 'patriots' come to D.C. on January 6," according to court records.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#50  Postby Blackadder » Jan 31, 2021 9:14 pm

Hermit wrote:

If you could actually physically collect 200 pounds of gross ignorance and stupidity, and pour it into a suit, this is what it would look like.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#51  Postby BrettA » Jan 31, 2021 9:49 pm

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (97.48 KiB) Viewed 827 times
My Wiki Page (Contribs: photos & other): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrettA343
My Quora Profile, includes all posts, FYI: https://www.quora.com/profile/Brett-Aubrey-2
BrettA

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#52  Postby Animavore » Feb 02, 2021 12:15 pm

In Dublin airport the US customs have a pre-clearance area, run by Homeland Security, where you can get cleared by US customs over here and just walk out of the airport Stateside, if cleared. I believe we're, or at least were, the only country to have such an arrangement.

I got a call there today, we don't get many calls these days, but I got a call there today and when I entered the area the first thing I noticed was the blank space where Trump's fat head used to over-look the area.

It felt good.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#53  Postby BrettA » Feb 02, 2021 2:05 pm

Animavore wrote:In Dublin airport the US customs have a pre-clearance area, run by Homeland Security, where you can get cleared by US customs over here and just walk out of the airport Stateside, if cleared. I believe we're, or at least were, the only country to have such an arrangement..

We in Canada have had that for many years, if not decades, FYI.
My Wiki Page (Contribs: photos & other): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrettA343
My Quora Profile, includes all posts, FYI: https://www.quora.com/profile/Brett-Aubrey-2
BrettA

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#54  Postby BrettA » Feb 02, 2021 2:12 pm

Edit: Duplicate post deleted... Sorry.
Last edited by BrettA on Feb 03, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrettA

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#55  Postby Animavore » Feb 02, 2021 2:34 pm

BrettA wrote:
Animavore wrote:In Dublin airport the US customs have a pre-clearance area, run by Homeland Security, where you can get cleared by US customs over here and just walk out of the airport Stateside, if cleared. I believe we're, or at least were, the only country to have such an arrangement..

We in Canada have had that for many years, if not two full decades... FYI.

Sorry, meant only one in the EU.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#56  Postby The_Piper » Feb 03, 2021 6:30 pm

There have been some planes flying over Mar-a-Lago with taunting banners like "worst president ever". :doh: It's only a couple thousand dollars to do that. Hopefully someone will start a GoFundMe for more. It accomplishes nothing, but you only live once, may as well have a few laughs. :lol:

The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#57  Postby Alan C » Feb 03, 2021 11:30 pm

Indeed. I was amused to see the MyPillow guy being shutdown in a Newmax interview, the anchorman was talking over while Lindell was ranting on and then he left his chair, I thought it was an experience. They were scared of Dominion but it's probably too little too late.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#58  Postby The_Metatron » Feb 03, 2021 11:52 pm

Animavore wrote:In Dublin airport the US customs have a pre-clearance area, run by Homeland Security, where you can get cleared by US customs over here and just walk out of the airport Stateside, if cleared. I believe we're, or at least were, the only country to have such an arrangement.

I got a call there today, we don't get many calls these days, but I got a call there today and when I entered the area the first thing I noticed was the blank space where Trump's fat head used to over-look the area.

It felt good.

You are most welcome.

I note the absence of orange in nearly all of my news. Silence.

Sweet.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#59  Postby The_Piper » Feb 04, 2021 12:21 am

Alan C wrote:Indeed. I was amused to see the MyPillow guy being shutdown in a Newmax interview, the anchorman was talking over while Lindell was ranting on and then he left his chair, I thought it was an experience. They were scared of Dominion but it's probably too little too late.
Yeah I saw a clip of that "interview" with the Pillow Guy. What a sick maniac. That guy needs help, no kidding. Prediction: Newsmax "cancel cultures" him from now on. :lol:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs