President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#101  Postby Calilasseia » Nov 11, 2016 3:09 pm

Or has to resort to executive orders because of spite driven opposition stonewalling ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#102  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Nov 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Warren Dew wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:What I understand Obama has made it quite easy for Trump to scrap many thing he Obama has done due to the use of executive orders as opposed to bills through Congress.

Yes. That's what happens when a president refuses to compromise.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Obama's Presidency was one of the more conciliatory Democratic Presidencies we've had in a while. The only way what you said makes any sense is if we interpret compromise as meaning agreeing, whenever asked, to bend over and take it in the arse. The ACA, Obama's signature legacy, was a compromise. He tried to compromise whenever he could, and only resorted to executive orders out of frustration when the obstructionist Congress- which has the gall to ask us to do for Trump what they refused to do for Obama- would not budge.

I don't know what bubble you live in, but it looks like the oxygen in there is getting pretty thin.
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#103  Postby Rumraket » Nov 11, 2016 4:11 pm

I want to be told that this is satire.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#104  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 11, 2016 4:12 pm

He compromised so much it ended being the homeopathic version of the ACA.

He even had to get the approval of 25 American bishops before the Repugs accepted it.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#105  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Rumraket wrote:

Well what about Palin?

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#106  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 11, 2016 7:29 pm

I was playing a game of Birth of the Federation (from 1999), you never guessed what I just did:
Attachments
Trump destroyed.png
Trump destroyed.png (636.69 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#107  Postby Warren Dew » Nov 11, 2016 8:16 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:Obama's Presidency was one of the more conciliatory Democratic Presidencies we've had in a while.

The last Democratic president before Obama was Bill Clinton. He agreed to welfare reform and a budget sufficiently low to permit surpluses. I don't see how you can argue Obama was more conciliatory than that.
Warren Dew

Male

Print view this post

#108  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Nov 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Warren Dew wrote:
ScholasticSpastic wrote:Obama's Presidency was one of the more conciliatory Democratic Presidencies we've had in a while.

The last Democratic president before Obama was Bill Clinton. He agreed to welfare reform and a budget sufficiently low to permit surpluses. I don't see how you can argue Obama was more conciliatory than that.

I don't see how you can blame Obama for the absence of compromise in the government during his administration. He made a lot of compromises while issuing relatively few executive orders:
(The graph is from 2014, and so represents one and one half of Obama's terms as President. A complete graph is not yet available and will not be until Mr. Tangerine Man takes office.)

Your claims simply don't compare well with the facts.
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#109  Postby chairman bill » Nov 11, 2016 9:06 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:Your claims simply don't compare well with the facts.

I'm shocked. No really.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#110  Postby Warren Dew » Nov 12, 2016 12:12 am

Warren Dew wrote:The thing that worries me the most is that Christie is going to manage the transition.

Christie out, Pence in:

Vice President-Elect Pence to Take Over Trump Transition Effort
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/us/po ... binet.html

One thing I can say for Trump: when he spots a problem in his team, he changes it fast.
Warren Dew

Male

Print view this post

#111  Postby Warren Dew » Nov 12, 2016 12:14 am

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
Warren Dew wrote:

I don't see how you can blame Obama for the absence of compromise in the government during his administration. He made a lot of compromises while issuing relatively few executive orders:

The number of executive orders is irrelevant, as most deal with the minutia of implementing the law. It's the ones that implement something in place of a law that are problematic, and that's what Obama did a lot of.
Warren Dew

Male

Print view this post

#112  Postby The_Metatron » Nov 12, 2016 12:32 am

Warren Dew wrote:
ScholasticSpastic wrote:
Warren Dew wrote:

The number of executive orders is irrelevant, as most deal with the minutia of implementing the law. It's the ones that implement something in place of a law that are problematic, and that's what Obama did a lot of.

This has no substance or examples. That makes it opinion, and easy to dismiss.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#113  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 12, 2016 9:54 am

Donald Trump appears to soften stance on range of pledges

In first interview since winning US election, Trump says he may not repeal Obamacare and admits prosecution of Hillary Clinton is not a priority

Donald Trump has appeared to soften his stance on a range of sweeping campaign pledges, saying in his first interview since being elected US president that he might not repeal Obamacare and admitting the prosecution of Hillary Clinton over confidential emails is not a priority.

The Republican, who said he would “immediately repeal and replace” Obamacare after taking office, told the Wall Street Journal he might instead seek to reform the policy, keeping the ban on insurers denying coverage for pre-existing conditions.

He said he would also look to retain the provision that allowed young adults to be insured on their parents’ policies, adding that he had been convinced of the virtues of the two points in his meeting with outgoing president, Barack Obama, on Thursday. More...

Back-peddling already?

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#114  Postby Alan C » Nov 12, 2016 10:52 am

It seems he wants the Keystone pipeline to go ahead because he has money in the game. Allowing the use of such a dirty source of oil is decidedly fucked.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#115  Postby Tortured_Genius » Nov 12, 2016 11:47 am

Alan C wrote:It seems he wants the Keystone pipeline to go ahead because he has money in the game. Allowing the use of such a dirty source of oil is decidedly fucked.

Wonder how much Trump will be worth by the end of his presidency?
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#116  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 12, 2016 12:09 pm

Tortured_Genius wrote:
Alan C wrote:It seems he wants the Keystone pipeline to go ahead because he has money in the game. Allowing the use of such a dirty source of oil is decidedly fucked.

Wonder how much Trump will be worth by the end of his presidency?

I would say the plural applies. All the Trumps will be considerably richer.

I heard that he wanted to get the whole family into the White House?

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#117  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 12, 2016 12:24 pm

He cant even get the transition committee together without a scandal. Looks as if it is going to be a family affair as he has appointed three sons and a son-in-law onto the committee. Is this an example of the future?

Chris Christie dropped as head of Trump's White House transition team

Donald Trump has dropped Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey, as the head of his White House transition team, replacing him with vice-president Mike Pence.

The president-elect also took the unprecedented step of naming three of his own children and his son-in-law to the executive committee overseeing the transition.

The shake-up comes with Christie facing calls for impeachment in New Jersey after the conviction of two former aides in the so-called “Bridgegate” scandal. He has denied any advanced knowledge of the politically motivated lane closures, which caused chaos on the world’s busiest bridge.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#118  Postby Corneel » Nov 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Well, Trevor Noah was right, after its first Black President, the US will have its first African President...

"Damn it! Why am I arguing shit on the internet again!?"
"'cuz sometimes you just need a cumshot of stupid to the face?"

(from Something Positive)

The best movie theme ever

Ceterum censeo Praesidem Anguimanum esse demovendum
Corneel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#119  Postby John Platko » Nov 12, 2016 4:33 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

Well what about Palin?

Secretary of the Interior is the obvious choice ...

but what about Omarosa :scratch:
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#120  Postby tuco » Nov 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Trevor Noah is Vulcan after plastic surgery. Cant fool me.
tuco

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs