President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: President Trump Watch.

#10421  Postby The_Piper » Jan 22, 2018 10:51 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
The_Piper wrote:Throw shit at wall, some of it might stick. Keep saying libtard, none of it will. Grow the fuck up someday.

To thine own self be true.

Ok?
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10422  Postby KeenIdiot » Jan 22, 2018 10:59 pm

I'm just pleased the winners of this last election have maintained a presidential level of decorum.
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10423  Postby Calilasseia » Jan 22, 2018 11:15 pm

Ah, the spectacle of ever digging deeper into the hole ... wonder what will follow as an encore, a conversion to creationism perchance? :)
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10424  Postby Tero » Jan 22, 2018 11:51 pm

Trump has to be “running.” Selling himself. It’s pretty much all he knows about politics. But when 4 years is up, he will not run. He just does not have it in him. If he could be president just tweeting, he could do that 4 more years.
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#10425  Postby felltoearth » Jan 23, 2018 1:38 am

Seabass wrote:Come on man, at least mix it up a little. Less "libtard", and more "cuck", "snowflake", "low-T", "beta", etc.

When people are given substantive posts and they choose to engage like this:

a) you know they are losing
b) you know they are trolling

I used to have respect for SP but he's pissed that away.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10426  Postby Calilasseia » Jan 23, 2018 1:48 am

Tero wrote:Trump has to be “running.” Selling himself.

Or, more correctly, bragging.

Now of course, while those of us who paid attention in class, expect a politician to try and take as much credit as he can for anything that actually worked while he was in office, one can usually spot the difference between someone who simply let others do the hard work, while he rode on the back thereof, and someone who actually rolled up his sleeves and did some of that hard work himself. The former tend to be mostly purveyors of soundbites, whilst the latter, because they actually became involved in the details of legislation, are more likely to produce as part of their 'sales package', a raft of analyses, covering the subject matter in varying degrees of detail. The trouble being, of course, that analysis and detail tends to appeal to people whose education brought them into first hand contact with similar processes in other disciplines, and very definitely does not appeal to anyone whose education steered them away from this. Consequently, even a hardcore technocrat has to develop something resembling explanatory flair, if he is to succeed in the long term, whilst those at the more intuitionist end of the scale, have the opposite problem - namely, demonstrating that their intuition has some substance behind it. Either way, a certain degree of linguistic aplomb is pretty much a necessity for anyone aiming for high office, regardless of whether the individual in question gravitates toward the technocrat or intuitionist end of the spectrum.

At this juncture, however, one is also aware that a fine line needs to be trodden, when exercising any linguistic virtuosity. Finding novel ways of making your achievements in office look stunning and adamantine, is all very well if said achievements genuinely were stunning and adamantine, but the danger of straying into misleading embellishment is one that the wise practitioner of statecraft exercises effort to be aware of. The public, at least in the past, were quick to tire of hyperbolic self-aggrandisement, and even quicker to develop suspicion about motive whenever they detected the requisite aroma in their nostrils, with the exception of the lyrically devoted True BelieversTM. This latter sector, in the past, tended to be small in proportion of the whole, but noticeable disproportionately through their vocal evangelical zeal.

Unfortunately, all of the above, as was noted by as historically distant a set of observers as the Classical Greeks, tends to be sidestepped by demagogues (how fitting it is that those same Classical Greeks bestowed this gift to our vocabulary). Demagogues tend to be characterised by widespread deployment of appeal to emotion fallacies, along with a brand of rhetoric for which the German artistic term sturm und drang might almost have been coined. Much of the resulting turbulence is, of course, generated deliberately as a fog by such practitioners, with which to cloak the underlying superficiality and lack of substance, and said turbulence usually bears a rather sickly aura of pomposity and bombast.

Those tempted to think of Juvenal's panem et circenses at this juncture, are partly in error: the demagogue is usually too incompetent to provide the bread, and the circuses in question are, to educated eyes at least, frequently exercises in the comedy of the absurd - stage productions in which the demagogue's clumsy attempts to be ringmaster, lead more often than not to his being instead the clown.

However, a new era has dawned in this regard, due to one curious fact. Even the serious and truly precious devotees of pretentiousness, were in past times subject to at least some constraint, courtesy of their possessing enough adult cognition to be aware of the consequences of the balloon being pricked. Even the most foppish of Regency dandies, for example, knew that there were limits to the utility value of petulant flouncing. The ever present spectre of someone such as Gillray (he of the Fashionable Contrasts cartoon that was devastating in its time, and more recently saw service of an altogether different nature that is connected to this post fairly intimately), provided the satirical apex predator waiting to pounce upon any coiffured show lambs daring to be too visible.

Those constraints may still be present, but we now have a new breed of personage, for whom said constraints may well not exist, for all the notice taken thereof. This is not, I hasten to add, the result of development of armour by the personages in question, rather the product of their being incapable of registering the most elementary of concepts in this vein. What few functioning neurons are present, are preoccupied with a music of the spheres, Wagnerian in scale but more akin to Comical Ali with respect to quality, that fills the cranial amphitheatre with an eternal chorus of "me, me, exquisite me" (sadly, the finesse required for this to be moi, moi, exquisite moi is completely absent). That chorus, regarded by its producer as a work of singular genius, not only fails to reach even the melodic level of the child Amadeus, let alone the maestro he was to become as an adult, but instead reminds even casual observers more of the dissonance arising from aluminium trash cans falling down a concrete stairwell.

One of those elementary concepts not recognised by this new breed, is that self-aggrandisement very quickly reaches emetic levels among those who haven't fallen under the magic spell. There will, of course, always be a few fanatics for whom eager consumption of the requisite verbal alkaloids will constitute a statement of identity, but outside that quaint demographic, the continued, relentless outpouring of unconstrained emotions that would lead to ostracism within a community of baboons, has much the same effect as exposure to butanethiol, a substance I do not recommend even experienced chemists to handle without special precautions. Or, given the feculent nature of many of said outpourings, some would consider scatole to be a more appropriate molecule of choice to deploy here.

When all one has to offer in the arena of discourse, is the spectacle afforded by the pulling of the todger of one's ego in public, that spectacle ceases to be amusing very quickly, and instead becomes the proper remit of the boys in blue and the softly spoken men in white coats. Allowing this revolting piece of performance art to fester for four years, should on its own be enough to have those responsible for its coming to pass, being committed to The Hague for trial on charges of crimes against humanity. The assault upon the sensibilities of reasonable human beings arising from this, on its own is an atrocity, even before we start counting the far more terrible human cost that is already being paid.

Tero wrote:It’s pretty much all he knows about politics.

The problem being, of course, that what passes for thought in the kapok that replaces neurons inside his skull, leads him to regard this as being the totality of politics. If you can hold your urge to retch long enough to dignify his dribblings as constituting something resembling actual ideas, his view is that politics is nothing but a pissing contest between egos, and the biggest ego wins.

Tero wrote:But when 4 years is up, he will not run. He just does not have it in him. If he could be president just tweeting, he could do that 4 more years.

Some time ago, I asked the question of where does he go from here, in this post. Being US President has been the most concentrated piece of massaging his ego has ever had, though there's more than a hint of Zaphod Beeblebrox about the entire enterprise. Once that's over, where does he go to mainline another drug as powerful as that? Within 12 months, we've seen that drug transform his already florid narcissism into a gravitational vortex of self-deification that makes Michael Jackson's HIStory music video look like Carmelite self-effacement. Once the narcotic of being the occupant of the White House comes to an end (term limits, remember!), either the shock to the system will kill him, or he'll take out the rest of the planet with the resulting withdrawal convulsions. Assuming of course he doesn't start World War III before his term of office is up, and I wouldn't put it past him doing that, just so he could engage in a toddler stomp to the effect that he was "the last and the greatest" before he's turned into lava along with the rest of us. His fucking ego is a bigger existential threat to the planet than a 10 km bolide impact, and we all know what that did last time it happened.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10427  Postby Seabass » Jan 23, 2018 2:22 am

Axios: FBI director threatened to resign amid Trump, Sessions pressure
Attorney General Jeff Sessions — at the public urging of President Donald Trump — has been pressuring FBI Director Christopher Wray to fire Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, but Wray threatened to resign if McCabe was removed, according to three sources with direct knowledge.

Wray's resignation under those circumstances would have created a media firestorm. The White House — understandably gun-shy after the Comey debacle — didn’t want that scene, so McCabe remains.
Sessions told White House Counsel Don McGahn about how upset Wray was about the pressure on him to fire McCabe, and McGahn told Sessions this issue wasn’t worth losing the FBI Director over, according to a source familiar with the situation.
Why it matters: Trump started his presidency by pressuring one FBI Director (before canning him), and then began pressuring another (this time wanting his deputy canned). This much meddling with the FBI for this long is not normal.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Print view this post

#10428  Postby Seabass » Jan 23, 2018 3:02 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Print view this post

#10429  Postby NuclMan » Jan 23, 2018 4:40 am

That segment with Meredith is side-splitting comedy gold. He should be forced ala Clockwork Orange, to watch that on a loop until he drools.
NuclMan

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10430  Postby Fallible » Jan 23, 2018 7:24 am

Skinny Puppy wrote:Oh, perhaps I was too hard on MSNBC, well, then again, maybe not.

Watch a Libtard on MSNBC in action!

Lights... action... camera! :lol:

Why would you start the action before the camera is on?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10431  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 23, 2018 7:47 am

Fallible wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:Oh, perhaps I was too hard on MSNBC, well, then again, maybe not.

Watch a Libtard on MSNBC in action!

Lights... action... camera! :lol:

Why would you start the action before the camera is on?

Looks like you caught me in a boo boo. ;)
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10432  Postby Fallible » Jan 23, 2018 8:11 am

I'm very proud of that, as it's so hard.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10433  Postby Animavore » Jan 23, 2018 9:27 am

Man arrested after making threatening phone calls to "fake news" CNN.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.washing ... cnn-hosts/

A reminder that words have consequence.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10434  Postby Mike_L » Jan 23, 2018 9:35 am

Calilasseia wrote:Some time ago, I asked the question of where does he go from here...?

He'll ride a Tsar Bomb to the bottom of the Mariana Trench!
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#10435  Postby Calilasseia » Jan 23, 2018 11:35 am

Mike_L wrote:
Calilasseia wrote:Some time ago, I asked the question of where does he go from here...?

He'll ride a Tsar Bomb to the bottom of the Mariana Trench!

For a moment I thought you were going to link to the Dr Strangelove bomb dropping scene ... :)
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10436  Postby Mike_L » Jan 23, 2018 11:44 am

I was going to include it along with the video link... a still with Trump's face 'shopped over that of Major Kong.

But it's been done already...

(From here)

:smile:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#10437  Postby Calilasseia » Jan 23, 2018 11:55 am

Though I gather, of course, that he's been a fairly generous dispenser of bodily fluids to a range of recipients, including those that didn't want them ... :)
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10438  Postby Mike_L » Jan 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Calilasseia wrote:...to a range of recipients...

...who shall henceforth be known as The Anointed Ones. :shifty:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#10439  Postby Teague » Jan 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:Image

That’s Rachael Maddow is it not? (If not, please correct me.)

Speaking of Rachael, barely a day goes by that I don’t follow her. Her predictive abilities, with regards to elections, are almost uncanny! She certainly knows politics and the electorate. She must be in league with the Devil to have such an incredible insight! But enough talk… let’s hear what this oracle of wisdom had to say.

Can’t get the video to show directly, click on the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xAUiaMpJvc&t=104s

Maddows an idiot and gets paid $millions each year to either lie or obfuscate for the establishment.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10440  Postby Teague » Jan 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Seabass wrote:Come on man, at least mix it up a little. Less "libtard", and more "cuck", "snowflake", "low-T", "beta", etc.

I thought Skinny was the "cuckservative" - is that not the case?
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs