President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Ads by Google

Re: President Trump Watch.

#12802  Postby CarlPierce » Jul 11, 2018 11:25 am

Interesting programme on the beeb last night detailing Trump alleged serial sex offending. Puts harvey to shame.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12803  Postby newolder » Jul 11, 2018 11:29 am

Full projection mode a breakfast, I read. Germany is under Putin's control.
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#12804  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 11, 2018 11:33 am

CarlPierce wrote:Interesting programme on the beeb last night detailing Trump alleged serial sex offending. Puts harvey to shame.

It was amazing but why is nothing happening concerning the allegations. Even underage girls.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#12805  Postby felltoearth » Jul 11, 2018 12:57 pm

newolder wrote:Full projection mode a breakfast, I read. Germany is under Putin's control.

This posted by a friend on FB.

So... according to Trump, Germany is under Russian control because they get so much of their energy from Russia (about 20% if you get the actual numbers), then by his logic, the USA is under Canadian control. The States gets 41-44% of its oil and 73 million megawatt hours of electricity form Canada. Now to be fair, Canada does import energy products from the States, we import about 301,000 barrels of crude oil to the east coast every year. Whereas we export 3.3 million barrels a day. In electricity, we import 9.3 million megawatts and exports 73 million megawatts annually. And when it comes to natural gas, we export 8 billion cubic feet per day about 4 times as much as we import. So by every measure of the Trump energy math system, the United States is under Canadian control.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#12806  Postby Tero » Jul 11, 2018 1:11 pm

ronmcd wrote:Hey American friends. Please dump the trump. He's an idiot.

Many thanks.

Working on it. Unfortunately most of my state is life long Republicans. They do not seem to see how their congresspeople have smeared themselves in Trump.
humor http://karireport.blogspot.com/
serious http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/

How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#12807  Postby Mike_L » Jul 11, 2018 2:23 pm

newolder wrote:Full projection mode a breakfast, I read. Germany is under Putin's control.

He [Trump] complained that German politicians had been working for Russian energy companies after leaving politics and said this too was inappropriate. Germany was totally controlled by Russia, Trump said.

With Stoltenberg looking on uncomfortably throughout, the US president was unrelenting. “I think it is very sad when Germany makes a massive oil and gas deal with Russia,” Trump said. “We are supposed to be guarding against Russia, and Germany goes out and pays billions and billions dollars a year to Russia.

“We are protecting Germany, we are protecting France, we are protecting all of these countries and then numerous of the countries go out and make a pipeline deal with Russia where they are paying billions of dollars into the coffers of Russia. I think that is very inappropriate.”

He added: “It should never have been allowed to happen. Germany is totally controlled by Russia because they will be getting 60-70% of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/11/nato-summit-donald-trump-says-germany-is-captive-of-russians

Trump trying to foist US gas on Europe. Good that Austria sees the ploy for what it is...

The US is force-feeding Europe its liquefied natural gas, which is three times more expensive that buying it from Russia, Austrian President Alexander Van der Bellen said after signing a gas-supply contract with Moscow until 2040.

https://www.rt.com/business/428809-austria-american-gas-exports-senseless/
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#12808  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Who is he protecting us from? The only country we have to be worried about is the USA and the Orange Scrotum.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#12809  Postby Thommo » Jul 11, 2018 3:12 pm

felltoearth wrote:
Now to be fair, Canada does import energy products from the States, we import about 301,000 barrels of crude oil to the east coast every year. Whereas we export 3.3 million barrels a day.

Something funny about those numbers. Does he mean 301,000 barrels of crude a year?

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

3.3 million barrels a day net exports looks about right, but the gross imports and exports would seem to put Canada's import of oil from the US at about 840,000 barrels a day, which is a fair bit more than 301,000 per year.
Thommo

Print view this post

#12810  Postby chango369 » Jul 11, 2018 6:20 pm

For your average goober, that'd be almost impossible to do.

LONDON (Reuters) - The U.S. Embassy in London issued an alert on Tuesday to Americans in the British capital, warning them to keep a low profile during President Donald Trump’s visit later this week in case protests against him turn violent.

Trump arrives in Britain on Thursday after a NATO summit and thousands of protesters are expected to join demonstrations during his visit, including plans to fly a blimp over parliament portraying Trump as an orange, snarling baby.

Americans in UK warned to keep 'low profile' during Trump visit
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Cuba (cu)
Print view this post

#12811  Postby felltoearth » Jul 11, 2018 7:15 pm

Thommo wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
Now to be fair, Canada does import energy products from the States, we import about 301,000 barrels of crude oil to the east coast every year. Whereas we export 3.3 million barrels a day.

Something funny about those numbers. Does he mean 301,000 barrels of crude a year?

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

3.3 million barrels a day net exports looks about right, but the gross imports and exports would seem to put Canada's import of oil from the US at about 840,000 barrels a day, which is a fair bit more than 301,000 per year.

That’s all types. The only reason we would import crude would be for refining which mostly happens in the US anyway. One of the major complaints about Keystone is Canada should be refining the oil here and not in the US.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#12812  Postby theropod » Jul 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Refining the Canadian tar sands oil here using the glut of natural gas currently flooding the US market, and not one drop of that refined oil would be required to be marketed in North America. Further, the current glut of US fracking produced crude may now be exported without refining as per the republican congress which overturned a law that had been in place since the Arab Embargo prohibiting such exports. The myth/lie that any oil company, or government entity, is working towards American energy independence is now laid bare for what it is. Yet we still face constant pressure to allow more federally supervised/administered land to be opened for exploration. The oil barrons now only lack a few key laws be crafted to give them every last drop of carbon resources sequestered in the USA.

RS
17 years off-grid and counting.

Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12813  Postby Seabass » Jul 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Hey, Torquemada, whaddaya say?
I just got back from the auto-da-fé.
Auto-da-fé, what's an auto-da-fé?
It's what you oughtn't to do but you do anyway...

“In the meantime, rest well and dream of large women.”
Seabass

Name: Typical Macho American

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12814  Postby Fallible » Jul 12, 2018 12:52 pm

It was entertaining to hear from Trump himself this lunch time that people in Britain like him and agree with his foreign policy. Bless him.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#12815  Postby mattthomas » Jul 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
CarlPierce wrote:Interesting programme on the beeb last night detailing Trump alleged serial sex offending. Puts harvey to shame.

It was amazing but why is nothing happening concerning the allegations. Even underage girls.

He better hope he never gets a consensual gnoshing off but a member of staff... The republicans HATE that sort of thing!
mattthomas

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#12816  Postby newolder » Jul 12, 2018 5:30 pm

J-C J arrives tired and emotional to the NATO summit. :scratch:
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#12817  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 12, 2018 5:53 pm

"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#12818  Postby Fallible » Jul 12, 2018 7:06 pm

When did he tweet that? What does he mean they're going wild over the vote? Now? WTF?

I know the obvious, they voted to stay, before anyone says.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#12819  Postby Animavore » Jul 12, 2018 7:46 pm

It was posited the day after the Brexit vote or near enough. It's an oldie.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#12820  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Animavore wrote:It was posited the day after the Brexit vote or near enough. It's an oldie.

:oops:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs