President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#15401  Postby Animavore » Jan 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Another case of, "He's not hurting the people he's supposed to be hurting."
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#15402  Postby newolder » Jan 08, 2019 8:57 pm

We know that Manafort had trouble with document formats that led to his arrest but when his lawyers display further document incompetence, what can one say? "These guys are worth every penny he's not going to pay them.", I guess. :crazy:

Their latest submission:
DEFENDANT PAUL J. MANAFORT JR.’S RESPONSE TO THE SPECIAL COUNSEL’S SUBMISSION IN SUPPORT OF ITS BREACH DETERMINATION

Defendant Paul J. Manafort, Jr., by and through counsel, respectfully submits this response to the Office of Special Counsel’s submission in support of its determination that Mr. Manafort breached the plea agreement in this case.

available at https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... 108-Dc.pdf

contains redacted sections that, upon copy-pasting to, say, the mac app. notes, become readable. :doh:
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#15403  Postby NuclMan » Jan 08, 2019 9:57 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Actor Samuel L. Jackson on Sunday emphatically endorsed Rep. Rashida Tlaib’s (D-Mich.) impassioned call to impeach President Trump.

Just hours after being sworn in as a new member of Congress on Thursday, Tlaib took a microphone at an event and told the crowd of supporters that “we’re going to go in and impeach the motherf---er,” referring to the president.

Jackson, who is known for using the phrase in a number of his films, took to Twitter on Sunday night to “wholeheartedly endorse” Tlaib’s choice of language.

@RashidaTlaib I just wanna Wholeheartedly endorse your use of & clarity of purpose when declaring your Motherfucking goal last week.Calling that Muthafukkah a Motherfucker is not an issue,calling that Muthaffuqah President Is!!!#motherfuckeristoogoodtowasteonthatcankersore

— Samuel L. Jackson (@SamuelLJackson) January 7, 2019

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/i ... V5TlzWZpEg

It's refreshing to see Hollywood giving out endorsements. :thumbup:

How they find the time for that; what with raping/sexually abusing so many female rising stars, molesting young boys, protecting the perps within their midst, giving a standing ovation to a known child rapist... is simply beyond me. :scratch:

If you can't trust the mighty fine people in Hollywood then who can you trust?

Seeing as Trump parlayed his stint in Hollywood into getting elected, you may just have a point.
NuclMan

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15404  Postby Seabass » Jan 08, 2019 10:00 pm

newolder wrote:contains redacted sections that, upon copy-pasting to, say, the mac app. notes, become readable. :doh:

:lol: D'oh indeed! Lawyer version of Keystone Cops...
"The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots." ―H.L. Mencken

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." —Einstein
"I’m a nationalist." —Trump
Seabass

Name: Typical Macho American

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15405  Postby Alan C » Jan 08, 2019 11:51 pm

felltoearth wrote:
Animavore wrote:More Trump supporting wastrels hoisted by their own petard.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/infuri ... kQH-hRKJPU

As usual, I feel sorry for the children.

I feel for the children of low intelligence parents like this:

Stacie Davidson, a Trump voter whose stepson is in remission for a rare form of leukemia, became so fed up of Trump’s “loosening of E.P.A. regulations” that she joined with someone who did not vote for the president in a county that overwhelming went for Trump in 2016 to form an advocacy group that is now calling for a federal investigation by the EPA’s Office of Inspector General.

“We should not have to fight Republicans or Democrats to save our children. It’s not a political fight for us,” Davidson told the Times.

“it’s infuriating,” she continued. “We’re ruining the environment for money.”

Of course it’s political. You voted for this you fucking moron.

They didn't question things like his hardon for coal and wanting to ditch regulations?
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#15406  Postby OlivierK » Jan 09, 2019 12:40 am

Sure they questioned it. But Trump gave them the answer they wanted to hear: he was going to make America great again.

To the extent that he has policies, rather than slogans, they're consistently against his base's interests. It's just a question of how long he can keep the balls in the air. Propaganda helps, of course, which is why Fox and the rest of the conservative commentariat have such power over his administration. Without them, he's fucked.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15407  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 09, 2019 6:53 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#15408  Postby Animavore » Jan 09, 2019 7:24 am

:rofl:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15409  Postby Animavore » Jan 09, 2019 7:27 am

Meanwhile...

78 Environmental Rules on
the Way Out Under Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... YEVi-FJdjw

All told, the Trump administration’s environmental rollbacks could lead to at least 80,000 extra deaths per decade and cause respiratory problems for more than one million people, according to a separate analysis conducted by researchers from Harvard. That number, however, is likely to be “a major underestimate of the global public health impact,” said Francesca Dominici, a professor of biostatistics at the Harvard School of Public Health.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15410  Postby Animavore » Jan 09, 2019 7:29 am

Doctors Warn Drinking A Shot Every Time Trump Lies During Speech Will Result In Death

https://www.burrardstreetjournal.com/do ... 0v8v1f9MSs
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15411  Postby Animavore » Jan 09, 2019 7:30 am

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15412  Postby Animavore » Jan 09, 2019 9:10 am

On Tuesday night, Donald Trump used the first Oval Office address of his presidency to falsely depict undocumented immigrants as savage criminals. Trump is keeping the US government shutdown because Congress, which was controlled by Republicans until last week, has refused to give Trump border wall money for two years.

Trump considered declaring a national emergency on Tuesday night so that he could direct the military to build sections of the wall. At least for now, he has decided not to do so. The absence of an emergency declaration, which would blatantly violate democratic norms and be quickly challenged in court, meant that Trump’s speech contained no new information or policy announcements. Instead, it was a return to the theme that launched his path to the White House: Immigrants are violent and they’re coming for your family.

Trump ticked through a long list of gruesome murders in the speech that he said were committed by undocumented immigrants. But while individual stories might be horrific, there is no evidence of a crime wave perpetrated by undocumented immigrants. Crimes stats don’t suggest that people residing in the country illegally commit crimes at a higher rate than people born in the US. In Texas, according to a 2018 analysis by the libertarian Cato Institute, native-born Americans were convicted of crimes at more than twice the rate for the undocumented population. Another recent study in the journal Criminology found that violent crime appears to fall–not increase–when more undocumented immigrants live in a community. US border communities also have low crime rates.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... gUBc8t_mxg

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15413  Postby OlivierK » Jan 09, 2019 9:21 am

Animavore wrote:
On Tuesday night, Donald Trump used the first Oval Office address of his presidency to falsely depict undocumented immigrants as savage criminals. Trump is keeping the US government shutdown because Congress, which was controlled by Republicans until last week, has refused to give Trump border wall money for two years.

Trump considered declaring a national emergency on Tuesday night so that he could direct the military to build sections of the wall. At least for now, he has decided not to do so. The absence of an emergency declaration, which would blatantly violate democratic norms and be quickly challenged in court, meant that Trump’s speech contained no new information or policy announcements. Instead, it was a return to the theme that launched his path to the White House: Immigrants are violent and they’re coming for your family.

Trump ticked through a long list of gruesome murders in the speech that he said were committed by undocumented immigrants. But while individual stories might be horrific, there is no evidence of a crime wave perpetrated by undocumented immigrants. Crimes stats don’t suggest that people residing in the country illegally commit crimes at a higher rate than people born in the US. In Texas, according to a 2018 analysis by the libertarian Cato Institute, native-born Americans were convicted of crimes at more than twice the rate for the undocumented population. Another recent study in the journal Criminology found that violent crime appears to fall–not increase–when more undocumented immigrants live in a community. US border communities also have low crime rates.

Yeah, but they're just facts.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15414  Postby The_Piper » Jan 09, 2019 11:43 am

Skinny Puppy wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Adderall may have a drying effect on vocal fold tissues, which can lead to hoarseness, soreness, voice changes and laryngitis."
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15415  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#15416  Postby The_Piper » Jan 09, 2019 1:46 pm

These memes have no umph behind them. They're as impotent as Donald J Trump. 2 Years of Republican majority in both arms of congress and the liar in chief in charge, and no wall. Mega fail. No talent hack. Probably a treasonous hack, in spirit at least.
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15417  Postby Animavore » Jan 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:Image

Sign above the White House entrance.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15418  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 09, 2019 3:56 pm

I thought it was SP's mother's cellar.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#15419  Postby Stein » Jan 09, 2019 4:26 pm

OlivierK wrote:
Animavore wrote:

Yeah, but they're just facts.

I still don't see anything that would prevent a man like Trump from declaring a national emergency at any time. He didn't refrain from doing that last night because he somehow thought better of it. Nothing like that. It's just that he wasn't in the mood. Tomorrow he may be.

This man doesn't give a damn for anything like checks and balances. He doesn't even know them. He's a reflection of the web's entire know-nothing culture that shits on the least hint of specialized knowledge.

"I'm an alpha male. Don't bother me with that."

You really think, in Trump world, when even the mere thought of such a thing as manners is fucking passe, unAmerican and dangerously elitiist, that checks and balances count for two pieces of diarrheic SHIT?!

"Checks and balances are DWEEBY, Mister! So get with the program and give me fifty! Checks and balances are unAmerican.

DARWINism's in charge now, Mister. America is an Empire, and that's that. Don't tell me about old musty rules in old geeky books. Get this through your head and get it good: The only good geek is a dead geek. So smarten up and lick our Dear Leader's muddy shoes. You got that? Checks and balances, my ass!

Having recently seen the new film "The Post", I'm at a loss to understand why the claims in the Pentagon Papers are such a big deal. The descriptions and conclusions in them show the U.S. doing just what every other great power always does. Duh. That's not unusual. That's what makes it a great power, that it can behave with proper impunity in full accord with that power. Nothing wrong with that. That just celebrates the fact that great powers should be above wimpish notions like morality. That redounds to its greatness and is something to be gloried in. Only the small nation will worry over wimpy stuff like a decent respect to the opinions of mankind. That's so pathetically 18th-century. Grow up. Today, we know better. The truly great power will have grown up and outlived such childish notions.

It is also ridiculous to suggest that the press should be free to publish whatever it likes about the government. Instead, it's the government that's made up of the people who have been duly given the power of life and death over everyone else. That's fine. That's how real government with real men works. No one elected the Washington Post or the New York Times to decide what is or isn't top secret. The men of the government are elected to do that. Who is the press to second-guess what the government decides the people shouldn't know? That's for the government to decide. If the press second-guesses the government, lock the press up and throw away the key.

Certain other odd notions come up in this new film that are also completely unclear. Just who is this Jefferson guy that one of the characters mentions as being somehow in favor of the press? I'd like to know is he even still around? I've never heard of him, that's for sure, and I bet no one else has either. No one else who's sensible. If you do know who the hell he is, it's useless information anyway, and you're probably just a no-account member of the lying elite for knowing it, and I bet he is too. So we can ignore both you and him. You're probably both bloggers somewhere in your parents' basements.

Well, O.K., O.K., I admit I got a bit curious just now, even though I know curiosity is un-American, and after writing that Jefferson paragraph, I did waste time Googling him after all. Answer: Jefferson's apparently someone found in old books. Yuk. Now we know how reliable that is -- not! Since he's only in old books by the elite, he was probably completely made up. What a waste of time! And this boring movie wastes our time talking about both him and other elite ideas like freedom of the press <roll eyes>. The whole notion of some sort of law for freedom of the press is probably just as made up as this Jefferson character. Of course there was never any such law. Who the hell do these elite Hollywood types think they're kidding? We're beyond being fooled with this sort of shithole nonsense in 2019. We live in the here and now, thank you. We know what's what, and I'll tell you what else we know. We know that the press should know its place, that the government is in charge, that the Sun rises in the West, that the world is really flat, that climate change is a hoax, that there was no Holocaust, that evolution never happened, that there was never a Jesus of Galilee, never any moon shot, never any Constitution, never any racism, Emma Lazarus was really a dangerous Communist and Nazis are fine people. So cry me a river."

You have a really nice day, y'all.

Stein
Stein

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15420  Postby Caper » Jan 09, 2019 5:01 pm

"Can You Drink Too Much Water?
In rare cases, drinking an extreme amount in a short time can be dangerous. It can cause the level of salt, or sodium, in your blood to drop too low. That's a condition called hyponatremia.It's very serious, and can be fatal."

So ...

Animavore wrote:
Doctors Warn Drinking A Shot water Every Time Trump Lies During Speech Will Result In Death
Caper

Name: Glenn Smith

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs