President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#15441  Postby Animavore » Jan 10, 2019 9:29 am

Trump displays his petty, vengeful streak once again.

Trump Orders FEMA To Cut Off Aid For California Wildfire Recovery
The president said the fire-ravaged state will receive no more money until “they get their act together.”
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#15442  Postby Animavore » Jan 10, 2019 9:32 am

The art of the deal.

“BYE-BYE”: TRUMP THROWS A FIT AFTER PELOSI TELLS HIM NO

Today is the 19th day of the government shutdown. If it drags on much longer, the U.S. is at risk of losing its triple-A rating, which could increase borrowing costs and put a chill on the economy. At present, 800,000 federal employees are either furloughed or being forced to work without pay, including T.S.A. agents and the Secret Service. Farmers are struggling to get the subsidies they were promised to offset the damage done by the president‘s trade war. Financial-fraud investigations have “ground to a halt.” Human shit and garbage have piled up in national parks. Speaking of shit, food inspections by the F.D.A. have been curtailed, including inspections of food considered “high risk,” raising the possibility of E. Coli and salmonella outbreaks. At the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, 1,523 of 3,531 employees “are considered non-essential,” while D.H.S.’s Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office is reportedly two-thirds empty.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01 ... A9Fx7Yx4PQ

Trump doesn't care for the lives of people under his employment. They should make him do that Undercover Boss thing.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15443  Postby The_Piper » Jan 10, 2019 11:58 am

No, he's lying about a crisis at the border while brewing multiple real crises with the shutdown. Which he prefers to call a strike. Vladimir must be like this :excited:
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15444  Postby The_Piper » Jan 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
The_Piper wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:Image

Weren't you going to tell us why it's ok for your wife to have free health coverage, but not hundreds of millions of people to your south? Oh that's right, you got shut up again.

Oh, do you mean having an adult and sensible conversation/discussion on this ‘rational forum’ about an issue? ‘specially on a forum that says that it’s a ‘lifeboat’. Well I suppose it could well be a lifeboat if we’re talking about the Titanic or the Mary Celeste.

I made it to 1:41, when they clapped for Ivanka Trump. Not about any of her illustrious accomplishments, just at the mention of her scumbag name by her scumbag father with the orange face and the white eye-rings. What a shit-show of spineless cowards that group is.

Now I wonder, :scratch: I just wonder why such a mighty fine discussion just might not be as productive as one might like or expect.
In other words, you're admitting here that you come here only to troll. Which everybody knows anyway, except you, apparently. Have you ever seen me post something as confrontational as what I just did to you? That could make you stop and think.
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15445  Postby The_Piper » Jan 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Animavore wrote:Trump displays his petty, vengeful streak once again.

Trump Orders FEMA To Cut Off Aid For California Wildfire Recovery
The president said the fire-ravaged state will receive no more money until “they get their act together.”
How can they rake the forests with the Nat'l Park service "on strike" ? Every day he finds new ways to fuck things up.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15446  Postby felltoearth » Jan 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Another brilliant argument put forth by you, contributing to a colourful discussion.

In all seriousness, do you consider the things you post humorous or clever or even coherent?

I used your excellent rebuttal that you posted in my thread. I thought you'd be proud of it since it comes from your own skilled hand at writing. :thumbup:

Where did I possibly go wrong? :scratch:

The fact that you chose to respond to Rachel and not OlivierK is telling. Clearly you aren’t interested in “rational” discourse. So why the fuck are you here exactly?
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15447  Postby felltoearth » Jan 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Government shutdown: What's closed, what's open, and what else is affected during the current partial government shutdown explained - CBS News
More than 420,000 federal employees are working without pay, including agents from the FBI, ATF, DEA and CBP, as well as staff from the State Department, Coast Guard, IRS and Department of Homeland Security.

My emphasis
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#15448  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm

felltoearth wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Another brilliant argument put forth by you, contributing to a colourful discussion.

In all seriousness, do you consider the things you post humorous or clever or even coherent?

I used your excellent rebuttal that you posted in my thread. I thought you'd be proud of it since it comes from your own skilled hand at writing. :thumbup:

Where did I possibly go wrong? :scratch:

The fact that you chose to respond to Rachel and not OlivierK is telling. Clearly you aren’t interested in “rational” discourse. So why the fuck are you here exactly?

To be obnoxious.

(You know that.)

I find it astonishing that people like OlivierK attempt to sincerely engage SP whatsoever given his consistently dishonest, childish behaviour. I do admire the ongoing effort though. More patient people than I, that's for sure!
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15449  Postby felltoearth » Jan 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:More patient people than I, that's for sure!

Yep.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15450  Postby Animavore » Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15451  Postby Animavore » Jan 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Jesus Christ! Is their criminality genetic or something?

Trump sister, a Federal Judge, implicated in alleged Trump tax scheme

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/wat ... d_ms_fb_ma
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15452  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 10, 2019 2:58 pm

That's old news. I mean, they're all implicated because Fred Trump was funneling money to all his kids.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15453  Postby Animavore » Jan 10, 2019 2:58 pm

I'm geoblocked from this publication so I don't know the full story.
Attachments
20190110_145334.jpg
20190110_145334.jpg (318.7 KiB) Viewed 237 times
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15454  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Wild guess, it's an allegorical concrete wall. Still hilarious.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15455  Postby newolder » Jan 10, 2019 3:58 pm

From the most recent pre-helicopter ride:

Q: Does the buck stop with you over this shutdown?

Trump: "The buck stops with everybody."

Also, in this new era of civility in politics, Trump spoke of "Crying Chuck Schumer."

Fucking Twattish Bollocks. A biography.
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#15456  Postby The_Piper » Jan 10, 2019 4:14 pm

The self-proclaimed most popular Republican president of all time, and self-proclaimed smartest man whoever lived tweeted:
Cryin Chuck told his favorite lie when he used his standard sound bite that I “slammed the table & walked out of the room. He had a temper tantrum.” Because I knew he would say that, and after Nancy said no to proper Border Security, I politely said bye-bye and left, no slamming!

When you're 72 years old, president of the US, and have called a very important meeting, saying bye-bye and walking out because your opponents said no, is throwing a tantrum. For the genius who wrote "The Art of the Deal", this should be known. :lol:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15457  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 10, 2019 4:21 pm

The big manchild: "They said no!". "How dare they?". "Bye bye I am leaving". A bloody six year old.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#15458  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jan 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:No... No. :naughty: :naughty:

There’s no outrage ‘cause this is a rational forum with 100s and 100s of mature and sensible posts that will attest to that fact.

After all… this is a shining example of a lifeboat for the rational (cough, cough) mind.

so just faux concern then, well done.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )

try not to overthink my posts: I have an attention span of about 15 minutes.
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#15459  Postby Alan C » Jan 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Animavore wrote:The art of the deal.

“BYE-BYE”: TRUMP THROWS A FIT AFTER PELOSI TELLS HIM NO

Today is the 19th day of the government shutdown. If it drags on much longer, the U.S. is at risk of losing its triple-A rating, which could increase borrowing costs and put a chill on the economy. At present, 800,000 federal employees are either furloughed or being forced to work without pay, including T.S.A. agents and the Secret Service. Farmers are struggling to get the subsidies they were promised to offset the damage done by the president‘s trade war. Financial-fraud investigations have “ground to a halt.” Human shit and garbage have piled up in national parks. Speaking of shit, food inspections by the F.D.A. have been curtailed, including inspections of food considered “high risk,” raising the possibility of E. Coli and salmonella outbreaks. At the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, 1,523 of 3,531 employees “are considered non-essential,” while D.H.S.’s Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office is reportedly two-thirds empty.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01 ... A9Fx7Yx4PQ

Trump doesn't care for the lives of people under his employment. They should make him do that Undercover Boss thing.

Bold mine.
There could be something in this, perhaps they at least stop minding his adult kids.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#15460  Postby Mike_L » Jan 10, 2019 7:20 pm

‘Deepfakes’ in action: Seattle TV station accused of doctoring Trump speech video

10 Jan, 2019

As the nation tuned in to President Trump’s national address on border security, one Seattle TV station apparently manipulated its coverage on the fly, editing the footage to show Trump sticking out his tongue at viewers.

In a side-by-side comparison, Q13 Fox in Seattle appears to have edited its coverage of Trump’s address, turning the president’s skin color a ludicrous shade of orange. In between sentences, the station seems to have doctored the footage to show Trump sticking out his tongue and licking his lips.

Full article at:
https://www.rt.com/usa/448500-trump-fake-video-speech/

13-second clip from the video...

Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs