President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#15461  Postby The_Piper » Jan 10, 2019 8:15 pm

He's having a ball-cupping party in Texas right now. :shifty: One of the speakers said that firearms are coming over the border from Mexico. :scratch: We already have plenty of those, why would they need to be smuggled from Mexico?
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#15462  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jan 10, 2019 8:46 pm

The_Piper wrote:He's having a ball-cupping party in Texas right now. :shifty: One of the speakers said that firearms are coming over the border from Mexico. :scratch: We already have plenty of those, why would they need to be smuggled from Mexico?

just hoping to push some more buttons probably.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )

when you chop off your neighbours head and use it as a vase, you can call it 'culture'.
it's called civilisation is when this gets you jailed for the rest of your live.
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#15463  Postby OlivierK » Jan 10, 2019 9:12 pm

The_Piper wrote:He's having a ball-cupping party in Texas right now. :shifty: One of the speakers said that firearms are coming over the border from Mexico. :scratch: We already have plenty of those, why would they need to be smuggled from Mexico?

Because all the American firearms are owned by responsible gun owners, criminals need to source theirs elsewhere. Don't you know anything?
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15464  Postby OlivierK » Jan 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Mike_L wrote:
‘Deepfakes’ in action: Seattle TV station accused of doctoring Trump speech video

10 Jan, 2019

As the nation tuned in to President Trump’s national address on border security, one Seattle TV station apparently manipulated its coverage on the fly, editing the footage to show Trump sticking out his tongue at viewers.

In a side-by-side comparison, Q13 Fox in Seattle appears to have edited its coverage of Trump’s address, turning the president’s skin color a ludicrous shade of orange. In between sentences, the station seems to have doctored the footage to show Trump sticking out his tongue and licking his lips.

Full article at:
https://www.rt.com/usa/448500-trump-fake-video-speech/

13-second clip from the video...

What's more likely: Q13 Fox Seattle live-doctoring Trump, or RT post-doctoring their coverage so it can write up a fake news article for people like you to disseminate?
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15465  Postby Tero » Jan 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Police release Mexican for Trump to "catch", but he got away
https://karireport.blogspot.com/2019/01 ... mp-to.html
(humor, have not managed anything on this for a month)
humor http://karireport.blogspot.com/
serious http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/

How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#15466  Postby felltoearth » Jan 10, 2019 11:23 pm

OlivierK wrote:
Mike_L wrote:
‘Deepfakes’ in action: Seattle TV station accused of doctoring Trump speech video

10 Jan, 2019

As the nation tuned in to President Trump’s national address on border security, one Seattle TV station apparently manipulated its coverage on the fly, editing the footage to show Trump sticking out his tongue at viewers.

In a side-by-side comparison, Q13 Fox in Seattle appears to have edited its coverage of Trump’s address, turning the president’s skin color a ludicrous shade of orange. In between sentences, the station seems to have doctored the footage to show Trump sticking out his tongue and licking his lips.

Full article at:

What's more likely: Q13 Fox Seattle live-doctoring Trump, or RT post-doctoring their coverage so it can write up a fake news article for people like you to disseminate?

Apparently it was a station worker who was subsequently fired.

https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainm ... hot-water/

But hey, rt. Always giving the full picture.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15467  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jan 11, 2019 12:09 am

Worth it.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#15468  Postby The_Piper » Jan 11, 2019 12:11 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:Worth it.

I saved a jpg to my computer for later. :lol:
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15469  Postby felltoearth » Jan 11, 2019 12:33 am

Mos def
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15470  Postby OlivierK » Jan 11, 2019 12:43 am

felltoearth wrote:Apparently it was a station worker who was subsequently fired.

That surprises me, but fair enough.

It's certainly less disrespectful to the office of the Presidency than most of what Trump does. Trump himself has not earned any respect, and I think the US could do with more (non-violent, of course) civil disobedience right now, if it wants to get to the other side of this horror show in better shape. Trump is so wrapped in his ego that ridicule can act as a powerful weapon to fight back against his narcissistic tendencies.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15471  Postby felltoearth » Jan 11, 2019 1:02 am

OlivierK wrote:
felltoearth wrote:Apparently it was a station worker who was subsequently fired.

That surprises me, but fair enough.

It’s not clear to me that the edited version was aired as a live broadcast though.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15472  Postby felltoearth » Jan 11, 2019 1:04 am

Late-night comedians mock Trump’s prime-time address | The Seattle Times
“Congratulations Mr. President, glad you interrupted our lives so you could read your tweets out loud,” he said, which was arguably not a far cry from what really happened.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15473  Postby Mike_L » Jan 11, 2019 6:25 am

OlivierK wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: compressed
Mike_L wrote:

10 Jan, 2019

Full article at:

The Western mainstream media produces plenty of fake news for people like you to swallow.
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#15474  Postby Fenrir » Jan 11, 2019 6:35 am

Mike_L wrote:
OlivierK wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

10 Jan, 2019

Full article at:

The Western mainstream media produces plenty of fake news for people like you to swallow.

Great come-back.

That'll learn em.

Have a cookie.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#15475  Postby Mike_L » Jan 11, 2019 11:00 am

Fenrir wrote:
Mike_L wrote:
OlivierK wrote:
Mike_L wrote:
Full article at:

Great come-back.

I was back in December already.

That'll learn em.

I've yet to see evidence that they're learnable, but I keep trying. :angel:

Have a cookie.

Is Victoria still baking? :yay:

Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#15476  Postby chango369 » Jan 12, 2019 12:13 pm

If accurate, this report is stunning. It makes me speculate whether the shutdown has more to do than just the wall.

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Cuba (cu)
Print view this post

#15477  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Well he is not working for the USA that is for sure.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#15478  Postby Animavore » Jan 12, 2019 1:50 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15479  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jan 12, 2019 4:22 pm

chango369 wrote:If accurate, this report is stunning. It makes me speculate whether the shutdown has more to do than just the wall.

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Makes you wonder what else they knew that we don't know yet.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15480  Postby chango369 » Jan 12, 2019 5:10 pm

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
chango369 wrote:If accurate, this report is stunning. It makes me speculate whether the shutdown has more to do than just the wall.

Makes you wonder what else they knew that we don't know yet.

Lordy, I hope there are tapes from Helsinki.
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Cuba (cu)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs