President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#19621  Postby newolder » Jun 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Mike_L wrote:Russia drifting out of the crosshairs... correction required... ACTIVATE!

Dear Deirdre@rt.con, I've tried to launder some misinformation many times now but to no avail; the story keeps falling apart at the seams upon a light inspection. Am I using the right RT.CON or should I try a New & Improved TV Nosti outlet instead?

Yours a sock short of a full load,
Mr. Overthefence.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#19622  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jun 29, 2020 1:10 pm

US corporate media is functionally the same as state-owned media, you shouldn't trust them. Says so right here in this uh...state-owned media.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19623  Postby Alan B » Jun 29, 2020 1:34 pm

I seem to remember many years ago (1950s?) there was 'scare' that someone had claimed (a monk, I think) that he had invented a device (a 'ray'?) to remotely, er, 'dispose' of a person anywhere in the world from another place anywhere in the world. It engaged the media of the day for a while until it was realised it was a hoax...

Well...

Did a Google but nothing comes up. (And, no, I don't mean Tesla).

:plot:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19624  Postby Fallible » Jun 29, 2020 2:14 pm

Monks are weird.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#19625  Postby Mike_L » Jun 29, 2020 2:32 pm

Never take the Kremlin's word for it!
But you can trust The New York Times... especially when The New York Times admits that The New York Times is a tool of the US government!
;)

Question is...
Can one trust Richard Grenell, former acting director of National Intelligence... as quoted in The Washington Examiner...?
Or does Grenell also have rouble-stuffed pockets?

Richard Grenell, the former acting director of National Intelligence, said the New York Times story wasn’t true when Rep. Ted Lieu, a California Democrat, tweeted at Grenell daring him to confirm whether he did not tell Trump and Vice President Mike Pence about a Russian military intelligence unit offering financial rewards to Taliban militants to kill U.S. troops or that McEnany was lying.

"I never heard this," Grenell said. "And it’s disgusting how you continue to politicize intelligence. You clearly don’t understand how raw intel gets verified. Leaks of partial information to reporters from anonymous sources is dangerous because people like you manipulate it for political gain."

Lieu retorted: “If you are telling the truth, why doesn’t White House deny bounty story instead of saying you didn’t brief @POTUS?”

Grenell replied, “All anonymous sources. And these same reporters gave us the Russian collusion hoax you still hold on to.”

Grenell served as Trump's acting spy chief from Feb. 20 to May 26, overseeing the 17-member U.S. Intelligence Community. He also was U.S. ambassador to Germany and remains the special presidential envoy for Serbia and Kosovo peace negotiations.
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#19626  Postby proudfootz » Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Grenell worked for that Bush fella everyone's so lovey-dovey with lately, so who the hell knows anymore?
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19627  Postby felltoearth » Jun 29, 2020 4:14 pm

Mike_L wrote:

I don’t know about roubles but the guy is sketch AF.

Richard Grenell - Wikipedia
The White House press release stated that Grenell had "years of experience working with our Intelligence Community in a number of additional positions";[101] however, this assertion was disputed by others who asserted Grenell had little background in intelligence matters.[102][103][104] Republican Senator Susan Collins, one of four co-authors of the legislation creating the ODNI in 2004, said: "I care deeply about that position and believe the person needs experience in the intelligence community, which regrettably Ambassador Grenell does not have."[105]

On the day his tenure began, it was reported that Grenell had not disclosed payments for advocacy work on behalf of Moldovan politician Vladimir Plahotniuc.[106][107]

On March 10, 2020, Grenell declined to attend a congressional hearing on election security, "citing apprehension about his preparedness to address sensitive subjects that tend to upset the president."[108]

and

Days after Grenell's appointment as DNI, CNN reported that his personal website had—until 2018—touted consulting work he had done for clients in Iran, China, Kazakhstan and other countries.[29]

felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#19628  Postby felltoearth » Jun 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Mike_L wrote:

I don’t know about roubles but the guy is sketch AF.

Richard Grenell - Wikipedia
The White House press release stated that Grenell had "years of experience working with our Intelligence Community in a number of additional positions";[101] however, this assertion was disputed by others who asserted Grenell had little background in intelligence matters.[102][103][104] Republican Senator Susan Collins, one of four co-authors of the legislation creating the ODNI in 2004, said: "I care deeply about that position and believe the person needs experience in the intelligence community, which regrettably Ambassador Grenell does not have."[105]

On the day his tenure began, it was reported that Grenell had not disclosed payments for advocacy work on behalf of Moldovan politician Vladimir Plahotniuc.[106][107]

On March 10, 2020, Grenell declined to attend a congressional hearing on election security, "citing apprehension about his preparedness to address sensitive subjects that tend to upset the president."[108]

and

Days after Grenell's appointment as DNI, CNN reported that his personal website had—until 2018—touted consulting work he had done for clients in Iran, China, Kazakhstan and other countries.[29]

felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#19630  Postby BlackBart » Jun 29, 2020 6:14 pm

ronmcd wrote:
BlackBart wrote:Trump retweets video of supporter shouting 'white power'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53212685

Uber-right-wing game show host is US. president...
Global pandemic...

Is it me or are we living in a satirical 1980s sci-fi movie?

And we don't even need the fucking glasses to see the monsters.

You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19631  Postby Animavore » Jun 29, 2020 6:43 pm

Trump's Twitch channel suspended for violating rules on hate speech.

https://www.ign.com/articles/donald-tru ... -suspended
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#19632  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jun 29, 2020 7:13 pm

Animavore wrote:Trump's Twitch channel suspended for violating rules on hate speech.

nice, now someone wake up Twitter
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )

meh
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#19633  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 29, 2020 7:39 pm

Mike_L wrote:Never take the Kremlin's word for it!
But you can trust The New York Times... especially when The New York Times admits that The New York Times is a tool of the US government!
;)

Submitting some articles for national security review is being a tool of the government? My irony meter is tingling...
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19634  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jun 29, 2020 11:46 pm

It's Ben Norton, another flunky from the Grayzone. (And it's being hosted by The Ron Paul Institute. :lol: )

Once you know all the names of these people, you know what you're getting.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19635  Postby felltoearth » Jun 30, 2020 12:09 am

What Mike fails to understand is that you need to notify ALL mentioned parties in an article so they can comment. Additionally, when it comes to intelligence maters it’s smart to notify the proper authorities so you don’t in fact get yourself in the deepest of deep do-do. This is what journalists with integrity call “due diligence.”
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#19636  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 30, 2020 1:15 am

Animavore wrote:Trump's Twitch channel suspended for violating rules on hate speech.

Why does he have a Twitch channel?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19637  Postby Mike_L » Jun 30, 2020 6:07 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Mike_L wrote:Never take the Kremlin's word for it!
;)

Submitting some articles for national security review is being a tool of the government? My irony meter is tingling...

...where "national security" is anything that they find awkward to explain...
“After the 9/11 attacks, the Bush administration began asking the press to kill stories more frequently,” Risen continued. “They did it so often that I became convinced the administration was invoking national security to quash stories that were merely politically embarrassing.”

“The Bush administration was successfully convincing the press to hold or kill national security stories,” Risen wrote. And the Barack Obama administration subsequently accelerated the “war on the press.”

Veteran journalist Joe Lauria says basically the same thing... and then some.

Spinozasgalt wrote:It's Ben Norton, another flunky from the Grayzone. (And it's being hosted by The Ron Paul Institute. :lol: )

Once you know all the names of these people, you know what you're getting.

Yes, you're getting the pravda, the whole pravda and nothing but the pravda, so help you god!

I worry about Ben Norton, though. I think he may be making the same mistake that his cousin made.
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#19638  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jun 30, 2020 7:55 am

But those quotes are about administrations. This is something that makes the current administration look bad. Is the NYT a tool of each administration or not? I think we're gonna need a deep state conspiracy here.

(Alternatively, we watch this play out.)

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19639  Postby Alan C » Jun 30, 2020 9:31 am

TraitorTrump may have been briefed about the bounties back in 2019.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#19640  Postby Animavore » Jun 30, 2020 10:16 am

I've a bit of respect for Iran right now. Trump is trying to bait them into a war to raise his popularity and, I'm guessing not wanting to give the fool the satisfaction, are rising above it.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs