President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#19681  Postby Alan C » Jul 05, 2020 2:26 am

Meanwhile Kanye 'Bat country' West blurted on twitter an apparent bid to join the 2020 race. As a Republican? Could he bleed any votes from TOMF?
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#19682  Postby OlivierK » Jul 05, 2020 7:33 am

Probably wants to take some of the black vote from Biden, but honestly it's likely to be (a) a wash, and (b) pretty goddamn insignificant in numbers. Or even more likely, something he doesn't actually follow through with at all.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19683  Postby Alan C » Jul 05, 2020 7:39 am

Yes I would wonder how much of a dent he could make, my impression is that most other black artists think he's a giant arsehat.
Pretty disappointed Elon came out in support for him, I know he's likely always been a muppet [or is it bipolar?] but I really do wish he'd fucking stick to EVs and space rockets because I like what those companies do in general.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#19684  Postby OlivierK » Jul 05, 2020 8:16 am

I didn't know Musk had supported him. Makes sense, though - they're very similar kinds of assholes.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19685  Postby The_Piper » Jul 05, 2020 1:26 pm

Kanye said that slavery in the US sounds like a choice because it lasted so long. He did apologize. But I'm not sure I trust his judgement to run a world power. To put it mildly.
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19686  Postby Seabass » Jul 05, 2020 8:13 pm

This sort of batshit demagoguery from a president on the 4th is unprecedented in US history.

"Holy shit, Mary. You're stacked!" —Donald Trump, upon seeing his niece Mary in a swimsuit.
Seabass

Name: Antifa Provocateur

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19687  Postby Seabass » Jul 05, 2020 8:30 pm

Fallible wrote:I know this is really very petty, but I can’t bear to watch him. He’s a walking repository of uncomfortable mannerisms.

I empathize. There's no way I could sit through an entire speech. He disgusts and enrages me like no one else. I can handle him in short bursts, though, like one minute clips of his most batshit moments from youtube, twitter or Colbert's show. I wish I had the willpower to tune it out completely, but it's all such a massive trainwreck freak show trash fire surreal nightmare that I just can't help myself... :whine:
"Holy shit, Mary. You're stacked!" —Donald Trump, upon seeing his niece Mary in a swimsuit.
Seabass

Name: Antifa Provocateur

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#19688  Postby Animavore » Jul 05, 2020 8:57 pm

The_Piper wrote:Kanye said that slavery in the US sounds like a choice because it lasted so long. He did apologize. But I'm not sure I trust his judgement to run a world power. To put it mildly.

Seems to be the current trend.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#19689  Postby Animavore » Jul 05, 2020 8:58 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fallible wrote:I know this is really very petty, but I can’t bear to watch him. He’s a walking repository of uncomfortable mannerisms.

I empathize. There's no way I could sit through an entire speech. He disgusts and enrages me like no one else. I can handle him in short bursts, though, like one minute clips of his most batshit moments from youtube, twitter or Colbert's show. I wish I had the willpower to tune it out completely, but it's all such a massive trainwreck freak show trash fire surreal nightmare that I just can't help myself... :whine:

I've mentioned before, I only read aboit him. Don't watch. He makes me feel physical revulsion.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#19690  Postby Matt_B » Jul 05, 2020 11:19 pm

Alan C wrote:Yes I would wonder how much of a dent he could make, my impression is that most other black artists think he's a giant arsehat.
Pretty disappointed Elon came out in support for him, I know he's likely always been a muppet [or is it bipolar?] but I really do wish he'd fucking stick to EVs and space rockets because I like what those companies do in general.

Most of the people who like his music think he's a giant arsehat, let alone anyone else. :lol:

I honestly think that him running would have no measurable effect on the contest between Trump and Biden, but if it was to have one he's far more likely to divide the idiot vote than the progressive one.
Matt_B

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19691  Postby chango369 » Jul 06, 2020 11:31 pm

This photo of Trump is said to be unretouched. He's starting to look like he could use a waffer thin mint.

dt111.png
dt111.png (757.63 KiB) Viewed 197 times
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Cuba (cu)
Print view this post

#19692  Postby Caper » Jul 06, 2020 11:49 pm

My nomination for Youtube comment of the week:

(With the Mexican state of Sonora closing its border with the U.S.)

"governor of sonora, " america is sending us their trumpers, their ignorant, their selfish, their diseased and some i suppose, are good people. build the wall and america will pay for it"."
Caper

Name: Glenn Smith

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#19693  Postby The_Piper » Jul 07, 2020 12:47 am

chango369 wrote:This photo of Trump is said to be unretouched. He's starting to look like he could use a waffer thin mint.

dt111.png

Maybe it's hydroxychloriquine instead of Sudafed that he's been snorting these days. :lol: :shock:
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19694  Postby Alan C » Jul 07, 2020 3:27 am

His eyes are dilated worse than Homer after licking that frog.
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#19695  Postby Adco » Jul 07, 2020 8:09 am

What's the biggest margin that a party can lose by in the electoral college system, in theory. Could one side get no votes with a clean sweep on the other side?

And, based on the current reports on Biden's lead over Trump, what is a possible share that the Dems might have out of the total seats.

Could the Republicans end up with so few seats that they are completely without any power? Or am I understanding the system incorrectly? This upcoming election only determines who will be the next president and has nothing to do with the House and the Senate at this stage. Am I right?
god must love stupid people - he made so many of them
Adco

Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#19696  Postby Adco » Jul 07, 2020 8:09 am

What's the biggest margin that a party can lose by in the electoral college system, in theory. Could one side get no votes with a clean sweep on the other side?

And, based on the current reports on Biden's lead over Trump, what is a possible share that the Dems might have out of the total seats.

Could the Republicans end up with so few seats that they are completely without any power? Or am I understanding the system incorrectly? This upcoming election only determines who will be the next president and has nothing to do with the House and the Senate at this stage. Am I right?
Adco

Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#19697  Postby Adco » Jul 07, 2020 8:13 am

double post
Adco

Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#19698  Postby Adco » Jul 07, 2020 8:16 am

Adco wrote:What's the biggest margin that a party can lose by in the electoral college system, in theory. Could one side get no votes with a clean sweep on the other side?

I should just go and read up about the system.
Adco

Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#19699  Postby Fallible » Jul 07, 2020 8:40 am

Alan C wrote:His eyes are dilated worse than Homer after licking that frog.

I was just thinking he looked cross-eyed.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#19700  Postby OlivierK » Jul 07, 2020 8:49 am

Adco wrote:
Adco wrote:What's the biggest margin that a party can lose by in the electoral college system, in theory. Could one side get no votes with a clean sweep on the other side?

I should just go and read up about the system.

Probably :lol:

Short answer:
* All 438 house seats up for election. Currently Dems have small majority, which could be expanded, but some Republican seats are very safe due to (a) dodgy boundry drawing, and (b) prevalence of idiots.
* A third of the 100 Senate seats are up for re-election for 6 year term (as happens every 2 years). As it happens most seats up this time around are help by the Republicans, so gains are possible (3 needed to flip Senate) but again, many of those Republican states are VERY Republican, so it's not guaranteed that the Senate will change control. Also there's at least one Democrat up for re-election in a very Republican state (he won against the grain last time when the Republicans stood a suspected pedophile).
* There's the presidential / VP election.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs