President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#2241  Postby The_Piper » Jan 20, 2017 8:35 pm

NuclMan wrote:
Corneel wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
ronmcd wrote:Image

Do I have to even begin to explain how that is totally irrelevant?

(I pray to god that I don’t.) :pray:

Yes.

Prayer never works :grin:

"Dr" Duke. :rofl: What a dumb fucking clown.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2242  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jan 20, 2017 8:53 pm

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2243  Postby Acetone » Jan 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
Pulsar wrote:Image

Top: Obama 2009
Bottom: Trump 2017

Spot the difference.

My heart :heart: and sympathy goes out to that image. I’d recommend a doctor for it, but it appears to have been doctored already.

I hope (with all of my might) that an enema wasn’t used on it.

What appears to be doctored?
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2244  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Corneel wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
ronmcd wrote:Image

Do I have to even begin to explain how that is totally irrelevant?

(I pray to god that I don’t.) :pray:

Yes.

One has absolutely no control over whom or what organization gives them an endorsement. It's that simple. However, I'm glad that the KKK has been mentioned, 'cause...

Wait for it folks... you couldn't make this shit up in your wildest dreams.

Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2245  Postby Acetone » Jan 20, 2017 9:39 pm

The best was the YouTube stream.

Giant text swastikas kept popping up every 5 seconds. Has nothing to do with the Trump and who supports him and how he approaches it and stuff though.
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2246  Postby The_Piper » Jan 20, 2017 9:56 pm

That guy is full of shit.
Anyone can read the Snopes article he didn't read. Or he read it, and decided to lie to prove a point. A point that he didn't have.
http://www.snopes.com/clinton-byrd-photo-klan/
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2247  Postby SkyMutt » Jan 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:

<snipped video>

Byrd disavowed his KKK past, and his views on race evolved. So much so that when he died, the NAACP issued a statement mourning his passing.

"Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

"Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card. He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation," stated Hilary O. Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau and Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Policy. "Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed."

David Duke is still spewing racist shit.
Serious, but not entirely serious.
SkyMutt

Male

Print view this post

#2248  Postby OlivierK » Jan 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Just out of interest, can anyone concerned about artists being "blacklisted", or never hired, explain how that works?

Because where I come from, performing artists are usually self-employed. They hire a venue (or pay someone to do so on their behalf), sell tickets, and perform. Individual venues could say "no thanks', but I haven't seen any indication of that being suggested.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#2249  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 20, 2017 10:09 pm

SkyMutt wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:

<snipped video>

Byrd disavowed his KKK past, and his views on race evolved. So much so that when he died, the NAACP issued a statement mourning his passing.

"Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

"Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card. He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation," stated Hilary O. Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau and Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Policy. "Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed."

And that has nothing, and I do meaning nothing to do with Trump… period!
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2250  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jan 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Why are we talking about Clinton?
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2251  Postby Acetone » Jan 20, 2017 10:17 pm

Well, the white house website has updated. Issues have been updated along with what Trump plans to do about them

Eliminate climate action plan.
Eliminate waters of the US rule.
Build Americas military such that it's military dominance is not questioned.
Pull out of TPP.
Renegotiate NAFTA.
Empower police.
Stop protests.

"Our job is not to make life more comfortable for the rioter, the looter, or the violent disrupter"

Lmfao. If this isn't worrying about how they're going to approach the probably massive upcoming protests the next little while idk what is.
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2252  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 20, 2017 10:21 pm

Donald Trump has fired all foreign US ambassadors with nobody to replace them

Shortly after Donald Trump was sworn into office as the 45th President of the United States, all foreign ambassadors were fired and with no concrete replacement ambassadors lined up.

Mr Trump had demanded that every ambassador in countries all over the world, who had been appointed by former President Barack Obama, were told to leave their offices by midday on 20 January and with no grace period.

The move now threatens leaving many countries without Senate-confirmed envoys for months and cutting off a direct line to the President, and some in countries which have sensitive relations to the US.

"Oh, let's give him a chance", people say. Fuck that. This isn't a goddamned burger flipping job. There are real things at stake for a lot of people.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2253  Postby BWE » Jan 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Acetone wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:

Spot the difference.

My heart :heart: and sympathy goes out to that image. I’d recommend a doctor for it, but it appears to have been doctored already.

Here's a view from the other direction.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ ... story.html
BWE

Print view this post

#2254  Postby purplerat » Jan 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
SkyMutt wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:

<snipped video>

Well except for the absolutely ridiculous response Trump had for Duke's endorsement.

"I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists," Trump said then. "So I don't know. I don't know -- did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists."

What makes you feel better, that he doesn't know what white supremacists means or that he does but plays dumb to avoid offending them?
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2255  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 20, 2017 10:23 pm

U.S. housing regulators suspend plans to cut mortgage premiums

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development on Friday suspended a controversial plan that would have slashed the premium rates for certain federally backed mortgages.

The reversal by the Federal Housing Administration came less than two hours after Donald Trump was sworn in as president.

HUD had projected that the reduced premiums would have saved FHA-insured homeowners an average of $500 in 2017.

Took republican scum two hours to start fucking people.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2256  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Oh look! The Champions of freedomTM, (AKA Libtards, snowflakes, precious flowers) are showing America what democracy is all about.

Protesters greet Donald Trump inauguration
Police disperse crowd with pepper spray and stun grenades after windows smashed

Black-clad anarchists smashed windows and clashed with police in Washington, D.C., less than mile from where Donald Trump took the oath of office Friday, smashing store and car windows and fighting with officers in riot gear who responded with pepper spray and stun grenades.

Throngs of demonstrators descended on the U.S. capital to protest the swearing-in of the 45th president.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-inauguration-president-1.3944347

I do have a question for those Champions of Liberty… :ask:
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2257  Postby Acetone » Jan 20, 2017 10:27 pm

BWE wrote:
Acetone wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:

Spot the difference.

Here's a view from the other direction.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ ... story.html

Looks like Trumps still has far less people.

Are both doctored?
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2258  Postby Acetone » Jan 20, 2017 10:28 pm

Let's not forget that organizations that received funding were caught trying to pay people to riot during protests.
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2259  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 20, 2017 10:45 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
SkyMutt wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:

<snipped video>

Maybe you should stamp your foot as well. Maybe then it will magically become true.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#2260  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 20, 2017 10:45 pm

CdesignProponentsist wrote:Why are we talking about Clinton?

Because it's SPs goto tu-quoque fallacy to defend Trump.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs