President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#8061  Postby Alan C » Jul 22, 2017 1:44 am

Pulsar wrote:
chango369 wrote:I hope this means the beginning of the end for Sessions.

Interesting timing. Trump wants Sessions out of the way so he can can replace him with a more obedient AG, to put a leash on Mueller.

There's a line of thought that this was leaked by Fuckface Von Clownstick so he'd have an excuse to fire Elmer Fudd.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#8062  Postby Tero » Jul 22, 2017 2:18 am

Donald Trump Jr. is reportedly "miserable" and can't wait for the next four years to end. A friend of President Trump's two adult sons told People that Trump Jr. and Eric Trump "never wanted this."
Dan Savage: So it's unanimous then: we're all miserable and desperately want Trump's presidency to end. Hopefully it won't take four years.
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#8063  Postby crank » Jul 22, 2017 9:58 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:Trump no longer controls the spice. He no longer controls the universe.

Maybe it's a white walker, it's a mostly whites-only admin. Or really, more like wights-only, do they get the blue eyes if they haven't rotted out already?
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#8064  Postby crank » Jul 22, 2017 10:03 am

Washington Post wrote:
Russia’s ambassador to Washington told his superiors in Moscow that he discussed campaign-related matters, including policy issues important to Moscow, with Jeff Sessions during the 2016 presidential race, contrary to public assertions by the embattled attorney general, according to current and former U.S. officials.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak’s accounts of two conversations with Sessions — then a top foreign policy adviser to Republican candidate Donald Trump — were intercepted by U.S. spy agencies, which monitor the communications of senior Russian officials both in the United States and in Russia. Sessions initially failed to disclose his contacts with Kislyak and then said that the meetings were not about the Trump campaign.

National Security Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intel intercepts show

Well, of course it will, Sessions sessions at the White House will soon be over. No one could survive that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Well, that's the way it used to be before the enstupiding.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#8065  Postby chango369 » Jul 22, 2017 10:38 am

Damn it! I was looking forward to seeing this proceed publicly.

Donald Trump Jr. and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort have reached a deal with the Senate Judiciary Committee to avoid appearing at a public hearing next week, lawmakers announced Friday.

The week has the potential to deliver the most high-profile congressional testimony involving the Russian meddling probes since former FBI Director James Comey appeared in June.

Donald Trump Jr. is scheduled to appear July 26 before the Senate Judiciary Committee along with former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, according to a witness list released by the panel Wednesday.

Trump Jr., Manafort reach deal to avoid public hearing next week
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#8066  Postby chango369 » Jul 22, 2017 12:20 pm

crank wrote:

Washington Post wrote:
Russia’s ambassador to Washington told his superiors in Moscow that he discussed campaign-related matters, including policy issues important to Moscow, with Jeff Sessions during the 2016 presidential race, contrary to public assertions by the embattled attorney general, according to current and former U.S. officials.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak’s accounts of two conversations with Sessions — then a top foreign policy adviser to Republican candidate Donald Trump — were intercepted by U.S. spy agencies, which monitor the communications of senior Russian officials both in the United States and in Russia. Sessions initially failed to disclose his contacts with Kislyak and then said that the meetings were not about the Trump campaign.

National Security Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intel intercepts show

Well, of course it will, Sessions sessions at the White House will soon be over. No one could survive that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Well, that's the way it used to be before the enstupiding.

Look at how Trump responded to that story. Can you fucking believe it? :P Trump's virtually confirming it.

dt14.jpg
dt14.jpg (65.35 KiB) Viewed 1681 times

-
All of my suspicions seem to be coming true. I hope that in the background of all of this, that the Russians actually do have a fuckton of kompromat on Trump, which would make for a spectacular sideshow, but it's more likely to me, that Trump is way OVER his eyeballs in debt.

I can't wait for Mueller to get a hold of Trump's tax returns, if he even survives what appears to be Trump's positioning to fire him.
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#8067  Postby BlackBart » Jul 22, 2017 12:47 pm

It's been bugging me for ages who Trump reminded me of...

You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8068  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#8069  Postby Animavore » Jul 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Once again, Trump has surpassed himself in his effort to be known as the dumbest fuck ever to run the US.

Trump's new communications director once suggested the Earth is 5,500 years old while comparing climate change theory to flat earth theory.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressiv ... ge-denier/

Stand in incredulous marvel at how insanely idiotic this guy he's appointed as communications director for science is.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8070  Postby proudfootz » Jul 22, 2017 2:46 pm

BlackBart wrote:It's been bugging me for ages who Trump reminded me of...

AND they also look alike.
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8071  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 22, 2017 3:24 pm

As Trump vows to bring back coal, Texan coal plant lays off 70 workers because the fossil fuel is not making money

Redundancies come after US President said he had 'ended the war on coal' and vowed to put miners back to work

Donald Trump's plan to bring back coal appeared to take a hit when a Texan power plant revealed it was making around 70 workers redundant because the fossil fuel not making money.

The US President said he had "ended the war on coal" last month as he vowed to dismantle "job-killing" Environmental Protection Agency regulations and put miners back to work.

He has outlined plans to shift the US away from renewable energy through proposed budget cuts after controversially withdrawing from the landmark Paris agreement on climate change on 1 June.

More...
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#8072  Postby theropod » Jul 22, 2017 7:06 pm

A few years back it was "drill baby drill", and now that natural gas is squirting out of 10,000 holes they can't figure out that gas is just better than coal in every way.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8073  Postby Macdoc » Jul 22, 2017 11:48 pm

What a fucking poseur

the dumpf on the new carrier he once dissed as a waste of money .....
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017 ... rship.html

reminds me of GW strutting on a carrier.... :nono:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#8074  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 23, 2017 4:39 am

You can tell immediately from that picture, that the Navy officer is not impressed by a fat corporate blowhard pretending to be a hard man aboard his ship. The Navy officer in question is probably thinking to himself "not even useful as expendable ballast".
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8075  Postby crank » Jul 23, 2017 6:26 am

Trump couldn't qualify as a fuck up in McHale's Navy.
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#8076  Postby Alan C » Jul 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Perhaps the linking Trumpfuck and Nazism stems from articles like this one?

The jackets of both volumes read: “My New Order has attracted the attention of the press with the rise of Donald Trump as candidate for president of the United States, because his first wife Ivana Trump revealed that Donald Trump reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed.” The publisher is referring to a 1990 Vanity Fair article by Marie Brenner. Brenner interviewed Trump, who said it was a gift from “my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew” and denied having read the book: “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.’”

Davis later told Brenner: “I did give him a book about Hitler, but it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”

Brenner points out in her Vanity Fair piece that “Trump is no reader or history buff”, adding that “perhaps his possession of Hitler’s speeches merely indicates an interest in Hitler’s genius at propaganda”.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/ ... lustration
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#8077  Postby The_Piper » Jul 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Seeing Sessions being led away in handcuffs would be about as gratifying as seeing Trump led away in them. I don't wish bad upon people, but these are some bad hombres, who cause bad to happen to other people. Please oh please Mr. Woodchuckles, make it happen. :pray:
Not to mention they're traitors as well.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8078  Postby willhud9 » Jul 24, 2017 10:12 pm

theropod wrote:A few years back it was "drill baby drill", and now that natural gas is squirting out of 10,000 holes they can't figure out that gas is just better than coal in every way.

RS

I am of the belief that they know damn well coal is not sustainable nor economically viable when in comparison to natural gas.

But I am also of the belief that they know that large portions of West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Ohio are coal country and thus catering to that demographic can earn votes. Where as saying the truth i.e. sorry guys but you may want to start looking for a new line of work, is not what those constituents want to hear.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8079  Postby romansh » Jul 24, 2017 10:52 pm

romansh wrote:
Teague wrote:There's only 50,000 mining jobs in the entire US right now.

Does that include jobs serving the mining industry? There are a lot of jobs "outsourced".

Just looking at the coal mining sector ... 40 workers per mine on average?

"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

#8080  Postby Matt_B » Jul 24, 2017 11:50 pm

According to this Washington Post article, it's more like 76,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 6210810b56

Mining is very automated these days, so you can probably run a typical coal mine with less than 100 people. There are probably a whole lot more jobs in maintaining the machinery and offering other services to the industry though.
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs