President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9321  Postby Alan C » Oct 01, 2017 10:47 am

This sounds potentially totalitarian to me, having the DoJ demand information from Facebook on anti-Trump activists;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/trump ... 74746.html
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#9322  Postby The_Piper » Oct 01, 2017 11:26 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
The_Piper wrote:I don't understand. You can still go to Boston.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Boston voted against him. NYC voted against Trump, but we'll still have occasional things like a giant float of him during UN week blaring "God Bless America" or something equally ironic in its patriotism.

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure Boston voted overwhelmingly for someone other than Trump. Eastern Massachusetts is one of the more liberal places in the US, afaik (West of I-95, not as much, but still quite liberal compared to "flyover country".)
"I'm not really sure what I'm talking about" - Tucker Carlson
The Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife thread.
The Self Taken Pictures of Scenery thread.
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9323  Postby The_Piper » Oct 01, 2017 11:28 am

ElDiablo wrote:I was there about a year ago. I flew into San Juan and went to the southern part of Puerto Rico. I couldn't believe it only took an hour and 15 minutes to travel across it. They were having major economic issues and about to default on their debt. Billboard campaigns were trying to stave off the exodus of people leaving to the US. It was an eerie place to visit for me since it was so heavily influenced by the US. At times, it seemed I could have been standing in a strip mall here in the US. The current devastation there is horrific. You have to be a totally heartless motherfucker to say what the President of the US said.

Are you not an American citizen? Asking because you said that you can't go to Boston due to an executive order.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9324  Postby The_Piper » Oct 01, 2017 11:29 am

Alan C wrote:This sounds potentially totalitarian to me, having the DoJ demand information from Facebook on anti-Trump activists;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/trump ... 74746.html

It's totalitarian, and entirely un-American, so to speak.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9325  Postby The_Piper » Oct 01, 2017 11:31 am

[Reveal] Spoiler:
crank wrote:
The_Piper wrote:
crank wrote:

I'm too demoralized of late to summon enough energy to start a new thread for something like this. The GOP has yet to apologize for Palin, if they can ever muster the character for that, and for Trump, that is something that I could start a thread for.

Which one are you? :ask:
(spoilered the posts I'm quoting)
I had a backstage role. I was the designated druggie. All bands need at least one drug addict. My best bit was the drowning in my own vomit act after every show. That always gets a great reaction, and for me lots of props for deadication.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9326  Postby ElDiablo » Oct 01, 2017 3:03 pm

The_Piper wrote:
ElDiablo wrote:I was there about a year ago. I flew into San Juan and went to the southern part of Puerto Rico. I couldn't believe it only took an hour and 15 minutes to travel across it. They were having major economic issues and about to default on their debt. Billboard campaigns were trying to stave off the exodus of people leaving to the US. It was an eerie place to visit for me since it was so heavily influenced by the US. At times, it seemed I could have been standing in a strip mall here in the US. The current devastation there is horrific. You have to be a totally heartless motherfucker to say what the President of the US said.

Are you not an American citizen? Asking because you said that you can't go to Boston due to an executive order.

Dark Energy is the one with issues going to Boston, not me.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9327  Postby The_Piper » Oct 01, 2017 3:11 pm

ElDiablo wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

Dark Energy is the one with issues going to Boston, not me.

Right, sorry about that.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#9328  Postby Alan C » Oct 01, 2017 7:11 pm

And now Trumpenführer says he told Tillerson not to 'waste his time' negotiating with N.Korea because fuck diplomacy, all along he wants a military solution.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#9329  Postby willhud9 » Oct 01, 2017 7:24 pm

The thing is Tillerson is an international businessman and a successful one (where Trump is not) and he realizes that a military conflict with N. Korea is not ideal.

When an oil tycoon like Tillerson doesn't want a military conflict you should probably take heed at the severity of such action.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9330  Postby Tero » Oct 02, 2017 2:55 am

This is on Trump
Twitter
Every patient in an ICU unit in Puerto Rico died

Let me repeat:

It’s apocalyptic there.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/
This is how American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#9331  Postby Animavore » Oct 02, 2017 7:16 am

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9332  Postby Pulsar » Oct 02, 2017 9:18 am

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/353355-trump-dedicates-golf-trophy-to-puerto-rico-hurricane-victims

Trump dedicates golf trophy to hurricane victims

President Trump on Sunday dedicated a golf trophy to the victims of recent powerful storms that tore through Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico, all the while defending the government's response to the disasters.

"On behalf of all of the people of Texas, and all of the people -- if you look today and see what is happening, how horrible it is but we have it under really great control -- Puerto Rico and the people of Florida who have really suffered over this last short period of time with the hurricanes, I want to just remember them," the president said.

"And we're going to dedicate this trophy to all of those people that went through so much that we love -- a part of our great state, really part of our great nation," he continued.

Trump's remarks were made as he presented the trophy to U.S. captain Steve Strickler following the Presidents Cup golf tournament in New Jersey.

:picard:
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9333  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 02, 2017 9:48 am

Pulsar wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/353355-trump-dedicates-golf-trophy-to-puerto-rico-hurricane-victims

President Trump on Sunday dedicated a golf trophy to the victims of recent powerful storms that tore through Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico, all the while defending the government's response to the disasters.

"On behalf of all of the people of Texas, and all of the people -- if you look today and see what is happening, how horrible it is but we have it under really great control -- Puerto Rico and the people of Florida who have really suffered over this last short period of time with the hurricanes, I want to just remember them," the president said.

"And we're going to dedicate this trophy to all of those people that went through so much that we love -- a part of our great state, really part of our great nation," he continued.

Trump's remarks were made as he presented the trophy to U.S. captain Steve Strickler following the Presidents Cup golf tournament in New Jersey.

Another "beautiful chocolate cake" moment ...

Tell me something - if someone infected this twat with rabies, how would you tell?
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9334  Postby aban57 » Oct 02, 2017 9:50 am

Calilasseia wrote:
Pulsar wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/353355-trump-dedicates-golf-trophy-to-puerto-rico-hurricane-victims

Another "beautiful chocolate cake" moment ...

Tell me something - if someone infected this twat with rabies, how would you tell?

Saliva ? (thanks for the image in my mind BTW... :shock: )
aban57

Name: Cédric

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9335  Postby Agrippina » Oct 02, 2017 9:55 am

Someone should take him up on that. Pick up the trophy and auction it to raise money for Puerto Rico. That way Trump would have to compete to get it back, and pay over the money he's not paying in taxes. Send in some "fake" competitors to up the ante.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#9336  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 02, 2017 10:00 am

Agrippina wrote:Someone should take him up on that. Pick up the trophy and auction it to raise money for Puerto Rico. That way Trump would have to compete to get it back, and pay over the money he's not paying in taxes. Send in some "fake" competitors to up the ante.

I think we have a winner here ...

I like the way you're thinking! :)
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9337  Postby The_Piper » Oct 02, 2017 11:35 am

A golf trophy. Insert picture of a woodchuck face-palming. Ooh our hero. :nono:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9338  Postby willhud9 » Oct 02, 2017 1:25 pm

Tero wrote:This is on Trump
Twitter

Let me repeat:

It’s apocalyptic there.

Can you source this? I cannot seem to find any links that address this.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9339  Postby Pulsar » Oct 02, 2017 1:36 pm

willhud9 wrote:
Tero wrote:This is on Trump
Twitter

Let me repeat:

It’s apocalyptic there.

Can you source this? I cannot seem to find any links that address this.

It's a tweet from Scott Dworkin, but he gives no further source: https://twitter.com/funder/status/914497438995673088
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9340  Postby Teague » Oct 02, 2017 2:37 pm

Oh FFS are you fucking serious??

LOL what an absolute COCK!
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs