President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9341  Postby willhud9 » Oct 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Pulsar wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
Tero wrote:This is on Trump
Twitter
Every patient in an ICU unit in Puerto Rico died

Let me repeat:

Every patient in an ICU unit in Puerto Rico died

It’s apocalyptic there.

Can you source this? I cannot seem to find any links that address this.

It's a tweet from Scott Dworkin, but he gives no further source: https://twitter.com/funder/status/914497438995673088

Yea that is all I could find. I see that hospitals are having a hard time, but have yet to see a news article saying all patients in an ICU unit died. :dunno:
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#9342  Postby Willie71 » Oct 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Teague wrote:
Pulsar wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/353355-trump-dedicates-golf-trophy-to-puerto-rico-hurricane-victims

Trump dedicates golf trophy to hurricane victims

President Trump on Sunday dedicated a golf trophy to the victims of recent powerful storms that tore through Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico, all the while defending the government's response to the disasters.

"On behalf of all of the people of Texas, and all of the people -- if you look today and see what is happening, how horrible it is but we have it under really great control -- Puerto Rico and the people of Florida who have really suffered over this last short period of time with the hurricanes, I want to just remember them," the president said.

"And we're going to dedicate this trophy to all of those people that went through so much that we love -- a part of our great state, really part of our great nation," he continued.

Trump's remarks were made as he presented the trophy to U.S. captain Steve Strickler following the Presidents Cup golf tournament in New Jersey.

:picard:

Oh FFS are you fucking serious??

LOL what an absolute COCK!

Dementia, syphillis, Alzheimer's? Something is wrong. This is beyond just being an insensitive asshole. Listen to his speech patterns (beyond this little snippet.) His repeating, starting, stopping, changing subjects mid stream all look like thought disorder. Maybe a stroke? I've seen this on psych units before. It's not regular psychotic thought disorder. Every client I saw talk like this had brain damage of some sort.
well, the 'mericuns chose alien, rather than predator. The rest of the world has to burn now.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#9343  Postby Scot Dutchy » Oct 02, 2017 6:04 pm

He should be locked up for world safety. The man is a lunatic.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9344  Postby Agrippina » Oct 03, 2017 9:55 am

Calilasseia wrote:
Agrippina wrote:Someone should take him up on that. Pick up the trophy and auction it to raise money for Puerto Rico. That way Trump would have to compete to get it back, and pay over the money he's not paying in taxes. Send in some "fake" competitors to up the ante.

I think we have a winner here ...

I like the way you're thinking! :)

I was saying this morning, I've never really hated anyone ever. Just avoided people who get on my nerves. This guy I wish the fleas of a thousand camels would invade his pubic hair, that he'd develop bowel cancer and a slow-leaking aortic aneurysm that slowly chokes him to death! :nono:
Illegitimi non carborundum
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#9345  Postby Scot Dutchy » Oct 03, 2017 10:00 am

I have to agree with you Aggie I only wish it happened yesterday.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9346  Postby theropod » Oct 03, 2017 11:26 am

Que Don Meredith.

RS
17 years off-grid and counting.

Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9347  Postby chango369 » Oct 03, 2017 9:53 pm

Trump to Puerto Rico: "You're fucking the budget up. Good thing it wasn't a real disaster like Katrina."

“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Cuba (cu)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#9348  Postby Alan C » Oct 04, 2017 12:09 am

chango369 wrote:Trump to Puerto Rico: "You're fucking the budget up. Good thing it wasn't a real disaster like Katrina."

Is it still a good thing that he just 'speaks his mind' now I wonder.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#9349  Postby Agrippina » Oct 04, 2017 9:56 am

Every day I wonder if he's reached the limit of his arseholeness but then he surprises me with going to new heights.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#9350  Postby aban57 » Oct 04, 2017 12:03 pm

I think he still has plenty of harseholeness to show. The guy has no limit.
aban57

Name: Cédric

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9351  Postby The_Piper » Oct 04, 2017 12:36 pm

Seemingly every last moment of his life is spent being an asshole, so he'll keep reaching new heights. He embodies the word buffoon like no other. And that includes George W Bush. :shock:
"I'm not really sure what I'm talking about" - Tucker Carlson
The Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife thread.
The Self Taken Pictures of Scenery thread.
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9352  Postby chango369 » Oct 04, 2017 12:58 pm

:popcorn: Love the bolded part.

For more than a year, Puerto Rico has clashed with investors who hold slivers of its $73 billion debt, and who have pushed the United States territory to pay up.

On Tuesday, during his visit to the hurricane-struck island, President Trump raised a prospect that could cheer the island’s residents but send shudders through Wall Street: Maybe the debt can simply go away.

In an interview with Fox News, Mr. Trump said his administration would help Puerto Rico wipe out the debt to help it recover from the extensive damage left by Hurricane Maria two weeks ago. He did not offer specifics.

“We’re going to do something. We’re going to get it back on its feet,” the president said.

“We have to look at their whole debt structure,” he told Geraldo Rivera, a Fox News correspondent, on “Hannity.” “You know, they owe a lot of money to your friends on Wall Street, and we’re going to have to wipe that out. You can say goodbye to that. I don’t know if it’s Goldman Sachs, but whoever it is, you can wave goodbye to that.”

Trump Vows to Wipe Out Puerto Rico’s Debt. Can He Do That?

Frank Zappa
chango369

Male

Cuba (cu)
Print view this post

#9353  Postby Willie71 » Oct 04, 2017 1:53 pm

chango369 wrote:Trump to Puerto Rico: "You're fucking the budget up. Good thing it wasn't a real disaster like Katrina."

I thought you were being hyperbolic. Holy fuck!!!! What a demented cunt!!!!!!!
well, the 'mericuns chose alien, rather than predator. The rest of the world has to burn now.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#9354  Postby aban57 » Oct 04, 2017 4:48 pm

And now there's that :

aban57

Name: Cédric

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9355  Postby OlivierK » Oct 04, 2017 6:48 pm

Willie71 wrote:

I think that reading takes a fair bit of confirmation bias to maintain. It actually sounds like Trump was Katrina was a real disaster, and giving kudos to the responders for keeping the Maria death toll to just 1% of Katrina's toll despite Maria being a storm of unprecedented power. Being his usual inarticulate self, he fucked it up somewhat and surrounded it with cuntish blather about the budget, but I think the reading of him saying Maria wasn't a real disaster is a bit hard to sustain, honestly. While his racist autopilot is a bit visible in his choice of words that made the other interpretation possible, I still think it's a stretch.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#9356  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 04, 2017 7:01 pm

OlivierK wrote:
Willie71 wrote:

I think that reading takes a fair bit of confirmation bias to maintain. It actually sounds like Trump was Katrina was a real disaster, and giving kudos to the responders for keeping the Maria death toll to just 1% of Katrina's toll despite Maria being a storm of unprecedented power. Being his usual inarticulate self, he fucked it up somewhat and surrounded it with cuntish blather about the budget, but I think the reading of him saying Maria wasn't a real disaster is a bit hard to sustain, honestly. While his racist autopilot is a bit visible in his choice of words that made the other interpretation possible, I still think it's a stretch.

That interpetation would insinuate that the communities that suffered under the effects of Katrina didn't do enough.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9357  Postby Tero » Oct 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Trump insults foreigners, I mean citizens, in Puerto Rico
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/0 ... 7?lo=ap_d1
http://karireport.blogspot.com/
This is how American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#9358  Postby chango369 » Oct 04, 2017 8:58 pm

OlivierK wrote:
Willie71 wrote:

Well sure it's tone deafness and a gaffe. He only had to say worse catastrophe instead of real catastrophe, and he would've averted that much. That bit about the budget seemed like a poor attempt at RW humor. :yuk:

Frank Zappa
chango369

Male

Cuba (cu)
Print view this post

#9359  Postby OlivierK » Oct 04, 2017 10:12 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
OlivierK wrote:I think that reading takes a fair bit of confirmation bias to maintain. It actually sounds like Trump was Katrina was a real disaster, and giving kudos to the responders for keeping the Maria death toll to just 1% of Katrina's toll despite Maria being a storm of unprecedented power. Being his usual inarticulate self, he fucked it up somewhat and surrounded it with cuntish blather about the budget, but I think the reading of him saying Maria wasn't a real disaster is a bit hard to sustain, honestly. While his racist autopilot is a bit visible in his choice of words that made the other interpretation possible, I still think it's a stretch.

That interpetation would insinuate that the communities that suffered under the effects of Katrina didn't do enough.

No it wouldn't, it would insinuate that the response to Maria was more effective (better resourced and directed) than the response to Katrina, which is hardly contentious, given the absolute clusterfuck that the Katrina response was.

Trump's giving himself a big pat on the back for jumping the lowest bar there is, because it's so fucking rare that he's not actually the worst at something, and he's too fucking vain to tell the difference between "not worst" and "best".
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#9360  Postby OlivierK » Oct 04, 2017 10:17 pm

chango369 wrote:Well sure it's tone deafness and a gaffe. He only had to say worse catastrophe instead of real catastrophe, and he would've averted that much.

He could even have said "yuge catastrophe" - it seemed to be what he meant, and avoided the double meaning of "real". But he didn't, because he's shit with words.

chango369 wrote:That bit about the budget seemed like a poor attempt at RW humor. :yuk:

:nod:
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs