President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9421  Postby proudfootz » Oct 12, 2017 1:01 am

Can't we just shoot the cannonballs across?
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
User avatar
proudfootz
 
Posts: 10027

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: President Trump Watch.

#9422  Postby Alan C » Oct 12, 2017 8:45 am

It's official, the first deaths from preventable/treatable water-borne disease in Puerto Rico. Also, the Comfort is only treating 7 people?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watc ... 0939715852
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
User avatar
Alan C
 
Posts: 1157
Age: 41
Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9423  Postby Pulsar » Oct 12, 2017 4:53 pm

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/hurricane-maria-s-death-toll-increased-to-43-in-puerto-rico

Trump threatens to pull FEMA from Puerto Rico

President Donald Trump suggested Thursday that Puerto Rico is going to have to shoulder more responsibility for recovery efforts from Hurricane Maria, saying the federal government's emergency responders can't stay there "forever."

His comments -- in which he also blamed the beleaguered island for a financial crisis "largely of their own making" and infrastructure that was a "disaster" before the hurricane -- come as Puerto Rico still reels from a lack of electricity, public health access and a rising death toll.


The US can leave troops in Iraq and Afghanistan indefinitely, but Puerto Rico? Sorry, too expensive. But hey, don't say Trump is racist or anything, he's even learning Spanish:

"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Pulsar
 
Posts: 4605
Age: 40
Male

Country: Belgium
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9424  Postby Pulsar » Oct 12, 2017 5:13 pm

"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Pulsar
 
Posts: 4605
Age: 40
Male

Country: Belgium
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9425  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 12, 2017 5:16 pm


Unfortunately, the article in the OP is from a subscription based site.
Also, to add context, Unesco is suppsedly anti-Israel because the Palestinians were allowed to join.
Rumours are that Israel will leave as well.

Here's a free page: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41598991
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 27138
Age: 28
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9426  Postby Pulsar » Oct 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Unfortunately, the article in the OP is from a subscription based site.

Open the link in a private window.
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Pulsar
 
Posts: 4605
Age: 40
Male

Country: Belgium
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9427  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Pulsar wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:Unfortunately, the article in the OP is from a subscription based site.

Open the link in a private window.

:cheers:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 27138
Age: 28
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google



Re: President Trump Watch.

#9429  Postby Animavore » Oct 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Image
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 38820
Age: 38
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9430  Postby Animavore » Oct 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Donald Trump has made repeated attacks on NFL players who refuse to stand during the national anthem, but critics said Trump is guilty of doing just that during a Fox News interview with Sean Hannity this week.

Trump was interviewed by Hannity at an Air National Guard hangar in Middletown, Pennsylvania. In the midst of the interview, the loudspeakers began playing the tune “Retreat,” which signals the official end of duty. As the Balance noted, it is also a ceremony to pay respect to the flag as it is lowered for the day.

But Donald Trump appeared to be confused with hearing the song — which Newsweek noted is a military tradition dating back to even before the American Revolutionary War — and instead asked Sean Hannity if the song was playing in his own honor.

“What a nice sound that is,” Trump said (via the Washington Examiner). “Are they playing that for you or for me?”

“They’re playing that in honor of his ratings,” Trump replied to his own question. “He’s beating everybody.”

During the song, the show’s cameras caught some members of the audience standing in respect for the flag, Newsweek noted. Uniformed members of the military are required to stop and salute the flag, while civilians are required to place their hand over their heart.

But Trump did neither, instead continuing his interview with Sean Hannity, Business Insider noted.

cont. https://www.inquisitr.com/4551347/after ... abf6008d70
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 38820
Age: 38
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9431  Postby Animavore » Oct 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Image
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 38820
Age: 38
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9432  Postby Animavore » Oct 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Image
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 38820
Age: 38
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9433  Postby Animavore » Oct 12, 2017 9:52 pm

A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 38820
Age: 38
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9434  Postby Pulsar » Oct 12, 2017 11:35 pm

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-sits-talks-through-song-lowering-the-flag-at-military-base-amid-nfl-anthem-controversy/article/2637296

Trump sits, talks through song lowering the flag at military base amid NFL anthem controversy

President Trump sat and talked through the nightly playing of "Retreat" as the American flag was lowered on a Pennsylvania Air National Guard base during his interview with Sean Hannity.

Trump, who has been criticizing NFL players who kneel through the national anthem to protest racism, seemed caught off-guard by loudspeakers playing "Retreat." The song is played every night at military bases to signal the American flag being lowered and the end of the official duty day.

Military site Task and Purpose was the first to notice Trump sitting during the song. According to Task and Purpose, uniformed service members are required to stop what they're doing and salute the flag as its lowered during the song while civilians are required to place their hand over their heart.

You can't make this up :lol:
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Pulsar
 
Posts: 4605
Age: 40
Male

Country: Belgium
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9435  Postby Pulsar » Oct 12, 2017 11:37 pm

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/355225-69-republicans-vote-against-puerto-rico-aid#bottom-story-socials

69 Republicans vote against aid for Puerto Rico, other disaster sites

Legislation to provide $36.5 billion in aid for communities affected by recent wildfires and hurricanes, including Puerto Rico, secured widespread support in the House on Thursday save for 69 Republicans.

The votes in opposition included many members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, who believe government spending should not add to the deficit. [...]

Rep. Mark Walker (N.C.), who leads the Republican Study Committee, also voted against the legislation due to the lack of offsets.

“Hurricane aid shouldn’t be added to the debt. That’s akin to going to the Emergency Room after an injury, putting the charges on a credit card, and then pretending that the Visa bill is never going to arrive,” Walker wrote in a Wall Street Journal op-ed.

:yuk:
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Pulsar
 
Posts: 4605
Age: 40
Male

Country: Belgium
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: President Trump Watch.

#9436  Postby proudfootz » Oct 13, 2017 12:52 am

Pulsar wrote:http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-sits-talks-through-song-lowering-the-flag-at-military-base-amid-nfl-anthem-controversy/article/2637296

Trump sits, talks through song lowering the flag at military base amid NFL anthem controversy

President Trump sat and talked through the nightly playing of "Retreat" as the American flag was lowered on a Pennsylvania Air National Guard base during his interview with Sean Hannity.

Trump, who has been criticizing NFL players who kneel through the national anthem to protest racism, seemed caught off-guard by loudspeakers playing "Retreat." The song is played every night at military bases to signal the American flag being lowered and the end of the official duty day.

Military site Task and Purpose was the first to notice Trump sitting during the song. According to Task and Purpose, uniformed service members are required to stop what they're doing and salute the flag as its lowered during the song while civilians are required to place their hand over their heart.

You can't make this up :lol:


To0 be fair, he probably felt uncomfortable in his diapers.
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
User avatar
proudfootz
 
Posts: 10027

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9437  Postby OlivierK » Oct 13, 2017 3:20 am

Regarding Trumps lack of knowledge of military etiquette: what do you expect? He's a narcissistic moron, who knows nothing about anything. He's a draft dodger with no respect for the military except as a perceived penis extension.

I can't recall a single instance of him talking unscripted about anything - anything at all - in a way that indicates any depth of understanding of his subject matter. He's ignorant, and proud of it, and the votes of others who are ignorant, and proud of it, got him where he is today. It's a hell of a problem to fix.
User avatar
OlivierK
 
Posts: 7444
Age: 51
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9438  Postby OlivierK » Oct 13, 2017 3:26 am

Pulsar wrote:http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/355225-69-republicans-vote-against-puerto-rico-aid#bottom-story-socials

69 Republicans vote against aid for Puerto Rico, other disaster sites

Legislation to provide $36.5 billion in aid for communities affected by recent wildfires and hurricanes, including Puerto Rico, secured widespread support in the House on Thursday save for 69 Republicans.

The votes in opposition included many members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, who believe government spending should not add to the deficit. [...]

Rep. Mark Walker (N.C.), who leads the Republican Study Committee, also voted against the legislation due to the lack of offsets.

“Hurricane aid shouldn’t be added to the debt. That’s akin to going to the Emergency Room after an injury, putting the charges on a credit card, and then pretending that the Visa bill is never going to arrive,” Walker wrote in a Wall Street Journal op-ed.

:yuk:

I bet Walker is completely unaware of the fact that pretty much everyone outside the US who reads his words is thinking "But I can go to an Emergency Room after an injury, and know that a bill is never going to arrive." It's like these guys are so mentally deficient that they can't even imagine a better world.
User avatar
OlivierK
 
Posts: 7444
Age: 51
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9439  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Oct 13, 2017 3:33 am

OlivierK wrote:
Pulsar wrote:http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/355225-69-republicans-vote-against-puerto-rico-aid#bottom-story-socials

69 Republicans vote against aid for Puerto Rico, other disaster sites

Legislation to provide $36.5 billion in aid for communities affected by recent wildfires and hurricanes, including Puerto Rico, secured widespread support in the House on Thursday save for 69 Republicans.

The votes in opposition included many members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, who believe government spending should not add to the deficit. [...]

Rep. Mark Walker (N.C.), who leads the Republican Study Committee, also voted against the legislation due to the lack of offsets.

“Hurricane aid shouldn’t be added to the debt. That’s akin to going to the Emergency Room after an injury, putting the charges on a credit card, and then pretending that the Visa bill is never going to arrive,” Walker wrote in a Wall Street Journal op-ed.

:yuk:

I bet Walker is completely unaware of the fact that pretty much everyone outside the US who reads his words is thinking "But I can go to an Emergency Room after an injury, and know that a bill is never going to arrive." It's like these guys are so mentally deficient that they can't even imagine a better world.

Yes.
Plus it sounds like "if they don't have bread they should eat cake"
Don't pay the ER bill with the credit card, pay cash.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )

when you chop off your neighbours head and use it as a vase, you can call it 'culture'.
it's called civilisation is when this gets you jailed for the rest of your live.
User avatar
Agi Hammerthief
 
Posts: 1912
Age: 44
Male

Country: .de
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9440  Postby The_Piper » Oct 13, 2017 4:26 am

Agi Hammerthief wrote:
OlivierK wrote:
Pulsar wrote:http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/355225-69-republicans-vote-against-puerto-rico-aid#bottom-story-socials

69 Republicans vote against aid for Puerto Rico, other disaster sites

Legislation to provide $36.5 billion in aid for communities affected by recent wildfires and hurricanes, including Puerto Rico, secured widespread support in the House on Thursday save for 69 Republicans.

The votes in opposition included many members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, who believe government spending should not add to the deficit. [...]

Rep. Mark Walker (N.C.), who leads the Republican Study Committee, also voted against the legislation due to the lack of offsets.

“Hurricane aid shouldn’t be added to the debt. That’s akin to going to the Emergency Room after an injury, putting the charges on a credit card, and then pretending that the Visa bill is never going to arrive,” Walker wrote in a Wall Street Journal op-ed.

:yuk:

I bet Walker is completely unaware of the fact that pretty much everyone outside the US who reads his words is thinking "But I can go to an Emergency Room after an injury, and know that a bill is never going to arrive." It's like these guys are so mentally deficient that they can't even imagine a better world.

Yes.
Plus it sounds like "if they don't have bread they should eat cake"
Don't pay the ER bill with the credit card, pay cash.
More like "if they can't afford to pay the bill, they shouldn't go to the ER"
:nono:
"I'm not really sure what I'm talking about" - Tucker Carlson
The Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife thread.
The Self Taken Pictures of Scenery thread.
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 22325
Age: 43
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests