Prime Minister Johnson Watch

Well, there it is at last...

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Prime Minister Johnson Watch

#461  Postby ronmcd » Sep 26, 2019 8:43 am

The Sir David Attenborough is officially named today. The advisory public vote to call it Boaty McBoatface was ignored because it was deemed a stupid idea that would make the UK look foolish. Morning, @BorisJohnson.

https://twitter.com/quinlan_carrie/stat ... 0982433793
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#462  Postby Alan B » Sep 26, 2019 12:25 pm

I'm thinking of 'CuntyMcCuntface'. Now who could that be? :whistle:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#463  Postby newolder » Sep 26, 2019 2:45 pm

Boris now 0/7 on votes won/lost + 1 decision overturned in court. Almost as successful as the current setup @ Bolton Wanderers FC. :roll:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#464  Postby zerne » Sep 26, 2019 8:14 pm

Interesting that that last vote was the one for a recess over the period of the Conservative Party conference, usually a gimme. :)
zerne

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#465  Postby Matt_B » Sep 26, 2019 8:38 pm

zerne wrote:Interesting that that last vote was the one for a recess over the period of the Conservative Party conference, usually a gimme. :)

Does it really matter? It's not like they'd win any votes if they didn't all fuck off to conference anyway.
Matt_B

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#466  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Sep 26, 2019 8:39 pm

zerne wrote:Interesting that that last vote was the one for a recess over the period of the Conservative Party conference, usually a gimme. :)

they could have held that the past two weeks :P
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )

meh
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#467  Postby newolder » Sep 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Brighton bus stop:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#468  Postby Alan B » Sep 28, 2019 4:38 pm

How long did that stay up for?
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#469  Postby newolder » Sep 28, 2019 4:54 pm

newolder

Male

Print view this post

#471  Postby mattthomas » Oct 21, 2019 11:57 am

Don't know if any of you guys listen to LBC but I sometimes have it on when driving. There is one guy in the mornings who winds me up by the name of Nick Ferrari. A brexshit supporter; now during Johnsons bid to become PM he was on the radio damning anyone media and public alike who dared talk about the police going to his house because of a bust up. He said it was a private affair and nobody had any right to know.

This morning the same twat was defending the media reporting on the two princess sometimes "not getting along" because we need to know if our future king is misleading the public.

THAT... is English media at it's best. (I say English because we tend to see more reasoned and sensible reporting from Scotland and N.Ireland concerning westminster)
mattthomas

Print view this post

#472  Postby Alan B » Oct 21, 2019 2:26 pm

Aw, come on, Matt. This is really really important stuff... It's wot make us great (or something). :shock:
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#473  Postby aban57 » Oct 21, 2019 2:46 pm

mattthomas wrote:Don't know if any of you guys listen to LBC but I sometimes have it on when driving. There is one guy in the mornings who winds me up by the name of Nick Ferrari. A brexshit supporter; now during Johnsons bid to become PM he was on the radio damning anyone media and public alike who dared talk about the police going to his house because of a bust up. He said it was a private affair and nobody had any right to know.

This morning the same twat was defending the media reporting on the two princess sometimes "not getting along" because we need to know if our future king is misleading the public.

THAT... is English media at it's best. (I say English because we tend to see more reasoned and sensible reporting from Scotland and N.Ireland concerning westminster)

I think French media is even more reasoned and sensible, as it doesn't report anything about Westminster. :snooty:
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#474  Postby Svartalf » Oct 21, 2019 2:49 pm

instead it reports stuff about Brussels, Strasbourg, and our own parliamentary shenanigans
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#475  Postby Fallible » Oct 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Nick Ferrari is an idiot. He tries to hide it behind a facade of ooze. These are facts.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs