Public split over killing of man while woman beaten

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

#1  Postby aliihsanasl » Feb 11, 2020 6:06 pm

The incarceration of a young man who reportedly stabbed to death a man while trying to protect a woman being subjected to violence has stirred controversy.

Kadir Şeker, a 20-year-old prospective medical faculty student, was sitting at a park in the Central Anatolian province of Konya on Feb. 5 when he saw a woman screaming and being beaten by a man.

He approached the couple and urged the man, 32-year-old Özgür Duran, to stop abusing the woman.

They started scuffling and Duran dropped dead after being stabbed by a knife in his heart.

Şeker admitted that he was carrying a knife at the time of the incident.

“He clasped me by the throat. I tried to move back but he didn’t leave my throat. My lungs were aching, I couldn’t breathe. While I was backing away, I lost my footing. I fell down and the man fell down beside me. He didn’t fall on me as far as I remember. When he fell, I felt pain in my hand. When I stood up, I saw blood in my hand and on the knife,” Şeker said in his statement to the police.

The abused woman and two witnesses confirmed his statement, however, the woman said that Şeker had already taken out the knife from his pocket in the beginning of the quarrel.

Today she changed her statement and said "having 19 different ciriminal records doesnt mean that my boyfriend was a bad person, we were just arguing he shouldnt kill him" :coffee:
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Public split over killing of man while woman beaten

#2  Postby The_Metatron » Feb 12, 2020 2:01 am

Difficulty imagining a scenario in which a knife I'm carrying wouldn't end up stuck into the bastard foolish enough to choke me. The idea a man being choked would use anything less than maximum available force to stop that choking is ridiculous.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs