Republican Watch

People who say "Democrats are as bad as Republicans" are almost as bad as Republicans.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Republican Watch

#101  Postby Seabass » Jun 13, 2018 6:31 pm

chango369 wrote:Not your father's GOP.

Dennis Hof, a brothel owner, and HBO adult reality star has defeated three-term Republican James Oscarson.

Hof, author of “The Art of the Pimp,” ousted Oscarson and then told The Associated Press, “It’s all because Donald Trump was the Christopher Columbus for me… He found the way and I jumped on it.”

Hof ran on the slogan, “The Trump Of Pahrump” in reference to his residence located in Pahrump, Nevada. Hof will now face Democrat Lesia Romanov in the November 2018 mid-term elections. He is also considered the favored candidate in the Republican-leaning Assembly District.

47 legislative seats have been flipped in the United States from red-to-blue since Trump took office, a sign that voters may be distancing themselves from the Trump style of politics.

Hof is the owner of the Love Ranch brothel in Crystal, Nevada.

A Pimp In Nevada Just Ousted A Three-Term Republican

Rofl.

He's not gay though, so I'm sure he has good, wholesome, traditional family values.
Hey, Torquemada, whaddaya say?
I just got back from the auto-da-fé.
Auto-da-fé, what's an auto-da-fé?
It's what you oughtn't to do but you do anyway...

“In the meantime, rest well and dream of large women.”
Seabass

Name: Typical Macho American

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#102  Postby Seabass » Jun 18, 2018 5:00 am

Republicans are demonic hellspawn. Where's the DOOM marine when you need him?

Seabass

United States (us)
Print view this post

#103  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 18, 2018 6:16 pm

We have a similar situation here with the hellspawn that is the Tory Party. Who were happy to spend a little as they could, putting substandard cladding on tower blocks to hide the poverty from the rich people across the road, so that said rich people didn't have to think about the squalor in which the poor lived. Then one of those tower blocks turned into a Roman Candle, and incinerated the inhabitants. Yet even that wasn't enough to shame them into supporting a bill to make it compulsory to make homes fit for human habitation.

This is why right wing politicians are scum. Their policies can be summed up as "Our rich friends want more mansions and yachts, so you plebs can fuck off and die".
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#104  Postby Alan C » Jun 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Calilasseia wrote:We have a similar situation here with the hellspawn that is the Tory Party. Who were happy to spend a little as they could, putting substandard cladding on tower blocks to hide the poverty from the rich people across the road, so that said rich people didn't have to think about the squalor in which the poor lived. Then one of those tower blocks turned into a Roman Candle, and incinerated the inhabitants. Yet even that wasn't enough to shame them into supporting a bill to make it compulsory to make homes fit for human habitation.

This is why right wing politicians are scum. Their policies can be summed up as "Our rich friends want more mansions and yachts, so you plebs can fuck off and die".

Aye, we had the same problem with Tory fucksticks down here. They've been thankfully been voted out and it burns them to be in opposition now instead of their self-perceived borderline divine right for a fourth term.
With them it was; "what housing crisis?", manufactured meth house epidemic, District Health Board unfunding [going as far as letting fucking mould in one of our major hospitals] and most recently found to have allowed in mycoplasma bovis and this is but a few florid examples. Other ones being a Saudi bribery scandal and that whole rotten 'Dirty Politics' affair [which still seems to linger in certain parts of media like The Horrid, sorry, Herald].
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#105  Postby Seabass » Jun 19, 2018 7:33 am

I like the mascot.

Seabass

United States (us)
Print view this post

#106  Postby Seabass » Jun 19, 2018 7:37 am

Poll: Kim Jong Un has higher approval among Republicans than Pelosi
More Republicans view North Korean leader Kim Jong Un favorably than do House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), according to a poll released Monday.

The Ipsos survey conducted for the Daily Beast found that among Republicans, 19 percent indicated they hold a favorable opinion of Kim, while 17 percent said they have a favorable opinion of Pelosi.

Sixty-eight percent of Republicans said they held an unfavorable opinion of Kim, while 72 percent said they had an unfavorable view of Pelosi.

“On a daily basis, President Trump praises this dictator and thug so it only makes sense that his party is following his lead like lemmings over a cliff," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill wrote in an email to The Hill responding to the poll findings.

Seabass

United States (us)
Print view this post

#107  Postby Macdoc » Jun 19, 2018 9:31 am

Pelosi is far past "best by" date.
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#108  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Macdoc wrote:Pelosi is far past "best by" date.

Maybe she is, but the idea that she's worse than Kim Jong-Un is an idea only a deranged fantasist could entertain. Oh wait, that pretty much describes most of the current Republican Party lineup ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#109  Postby Matt_B » Jun 20, 2018 4:43 am

It's worth pointing out that just comparing the approval ratings doesn't really mean much when they're in radically different positions, i.e. the house leader of the opposition party and the supreme leader of a belligerent foreign power.

Of course, I'm sure some Republicans probably do think that Kim Jong-Un is a better person even so, but I'd still think that most of them would be glad that the former doesn't hold a position of power in their country.

As for Pelosi, it's her sinking approval rating among Democratic party supporters that should be the cause for concern. Mind you, it's not a great position to be in at the moment for anyone looking to do anything in the least bit constructive, so I can't see her resigning any time soon.
Matt_B

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#110  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Meanwhile, check out the latest Republican outrage ... you'll love this one ... [/sarcasm mode]
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#111  Postby Seabass » Jun 23, 2018 12:38 am

Republicans are definitely not racist!

http://thehill.com/latino/393666-steve-king-calls-detained-children-prime-ms-13-gang-material
GOP lawmaker calls detained children ‘prime MS-13 gang material’
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) on Friday tweeted that a group of detained migrant children look like "prime MS-13 gang material."

King made the statement in response to lawyer Michael Avenatti's picture of a group of detained boys he said were being transported out of McAllen, Texas, on Thursday. Avenatti, the attorney representing adult-film actress Stormy Daniels in her lawsuit against President Trump, said he did not know where the boys were being taken and that separating them from their parents was a "disgrace."

King said the boys look much older than children.

“'Young boys' all old enough to be tried as adults or serve in the military and are prime MS-13 gang material & certainly grew up in the culture of one of the top 10 most violent countries in the world," King tweeted.

His tweet came two days after Trump signed an executive order ending the practice of separating families at the U.S.-Mexico border. However, it remains unclear how the thousands of families that have already been divided will be reunited.

King has been criticized before for making comments opposed to diversity and immigration. His remarks on Friday came about a week after he retweeted a prominent British neo-Nazi.

“Europe is waking up...Will America...in time?” King wrote in a quote tweet of Mark Collett, former chairman of the youth division of the British National Party.

That tweet came in response to a a screenshot of a Breitbart article that said 65 percent "of Italians under the age of 35 now oppose mass immigration."

Seabass

United States (us)
Print view this post

#112  Postby Alan C » Jun 23, 2018 1:34 am

There's a good chance some might join a gang because of all this along with the possibility of development disorders, learning disabilities...
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#113  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 23, 2018 1:43 am

Just what I was thinking. Pull kids away from their parents to punish them for daring to seek asylum. What could go wrong?
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#114  Postby Alan C » Jun 26, 2018 11:51 pm

Wasn't sure whether to put this one here or in the Trump thread but it looks Fuckhead Gopherface, I mean, Mitch McConnell's unprecedented blocking of a judge to fill Scalia's seat in the SCOTUS has borne poisonous fruit;

Two years after the heist of the century

I tend to think of this story as a scandal that’s never really fully been appreciated as one. Just after the election, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes that Senate Republicans’ treatment of a qualified, moderate jurist was effectively a political crime. A Supreme Court seat, the Oregon senator argued, was “stolen from the Obama administration and the construct of our Constitution. And it’s being delivered to an administration that has no right to fill it.” The American people, Merkley added, need to “understand that this is the theft of the court.”

To appreciate the consequences of that theft, look no further than the growing list of 5-4 rulings that continue to delight the right.
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#115  Postby Seabass » Jul 12, 2018 12:36 am

Seabass

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#116  Postby Seabass » Jul 15, 2018 5:16 am

Sacha Baron Cohen and some Republicans discuss arming toddlers.

https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/1018353465070768129

Seabass

United States (us)
Print view this post

#117  Postby felltoearth » Jul 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Tweet unavailable. I so want to see this!

ETA Here it is. “I was tricked.” If you’re tricked that easily, that you can’t smell a mile high oile of bullshit because of your ideologies, you don’t deserve to be in a position of power. Morons.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in ... -inaugural
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#118  Postby Caper » Jul 15, 2018 5:47 pm

felltoearth wrote:Tweet unavailable. I so want to see this!

ETA Here it is. “I was tricked.” If you’re tricked that easily, that you can’t smell a mile high oile of bullshit because of your ideologies, you don’t deserve to be in a position of power. Morons.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in ... -inaugural

"In less than a month, a first grader can become a first grenader."
That this is somehow acceptable ... these are bad times.
Caper

Name: Glenn Smith

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#119  Postby Animavore » Jul 16, 2018 3:06 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#120  Postby Willie71 » Jul 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Seabass wrote:Poll: Kim Jong Un has higher approval among Republicans than Pelosi
More Republicans view North Korean leader Kim Jong Un favorably than do House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), according to a poll released Monday.

The Ipsos survey conducted for the Daily Beast found that among Republicans, 19 percent indicated they hold a favorable opinion of Kim, while 17 percent said they have a favorable opinion of Pelosi.

Sixty-eight percent of Republicans said they held an unfavorable opinion of Kim, while 72 percent said they had an unfavorable view of Pelosi.

“On a daily basis, President Trump praises this dictator and thug so it only makes sense that his party is following his lead like lemmings over a cliff," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill wrote in an email to The Hill responding to the poll findings.

She’s the perfect democratic candidate then. Remember last election that the second least popular candidate was propped up, because the low approval was really a strength, as all the hate was out already, so smears wouldn’t be effective? It’s a brilliant strategy, except for the fact that it was utter nonsense bought by rather dim people. Run the worst candidate you can to prevent losing ground.
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs