Republican Watch

People who say "Democrats are as bad as Republicans" are almost as bad as Republicans.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Republican Watch

#1261  Postby Fallible » Apr 09, 2020 6:50 pm

I keep thinking that’s Ben Elton.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1262  Postby Alan C » Apr 09, 2020 8:52 pm

When the guy did his guerilla hairdressing trip his look reminded me of a local prosperity evangelist leech [unfortunately we have a couple of them :nono: ]

brian tamaki destiny church.jpeg
brian tamaki destiny church.jpeg (73.4 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#1263  Postby chango369 » May 14, 2020 5:14 am

Please, pretty please can just one of these fuckers actually be held accountable, even a little?

Hope Kelly Loeffler's next.

Federal agents seized a cellphone belonging to a prominent Republican senator on Wednesday night as part of the Justice Department’s investigation into controversial stock trades he made as the novel coronavirus first struck the U.S., a law enforcement official said.
Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina, the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, turned over his phone to agents after they served a search warrant on the lawmaker at his residence in the Washington area, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss a law enforcement action.

FBI serves warrant on senator in investigation of stock sales linked to coronavirus
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#1264  Postby noncredo » May 14, 2020 2:56 pm

chango369 wrote:Please, pretty please can just one of these fuckers actually be held accountable, even a little?

Federal agents seized a cellphone belonging to a prominent Republican senator on Wednesday night as part of the Justice Department’s investigation into controversial stock trades he made as the novel coronavirus first struck the U.S., a law enforcement official said.
Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina, the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, turned over his phone to agents after they served a search warrant on the lawmaker at his residence in the Washington area, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss a law enforcement action.

FBI serves warrant on senator in investigation of stock sales linked to coronavirus

It would be nice, but I won't be holding my breath. I think the animals in DC are more equal.
Trump 2020
noncredo

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1265  Postby Alan C » May 15, 2020 12:26 am

chango369 wrote:Please, pretty please can just one of these fuckers actually be held accountable, even a little?

As far as I know it's just Burr at this point and it's been supposed that this could be due to the Senate intelligence committee agreeing that Russia interfered with the 2016 election.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#1266  Postby noncredo » May 15, 2020 2:19 pm

I see Sen. Burr lost his chair at the intel committee. In DC that's probably seen as sufficient punishment for what would send others to jail.
Trump 2020
noncredo

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1267  Postby felltoearth » May 15, 2020 2:57 pm

noncredo wrote:I see Sen. Burr lost his chair at the intel committee. In DC that's probably seen as sufficient punishment for what would send others to jail.

Burr supported the findings of the Mueller Report, the findings of which are due to be released. He was the only senator investigated for questionable stock trades after the Pandemic briefing. Funny that.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1268  Postby noncredo » May 15, 2020 3:54 pm

Lots of funny things happen in that part of DC. I'm curious how this one will play out. I'm still skeptical that he'll even see a court room over this. If he's convicted and punished I'll be properly shocked.
Trump 2020
noncredo

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1269  Postby felltoearth » May 15, 2020 6:05 pm

noncredo wrote:Lots of funny things happen in that part of DC. I'm curious how this one will play out. I'm still skeptical that he'll even see a court room over this. If he's convicted and punished I'll be properly shocked.

Do you think McConnell really gives a shit about insider trading? The point wasn’t to send him to jail. The point was to get him removed from the inquiry.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1270  Postby noncredo » May 15, 2020 7:04 pm

I doubt it. I think ulterior motives are just considered normal motives in DC. Of course I could just be cynical.

Not really relevant, but is it just me that thinks Mcconnell looks sort of like a turtle?
Trump 2020
noncredo

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1271  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 15, 2020 8:02 pm

The sentiment has been repeated ad nauseum for over a decade.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1272  Postby felltoearth » May 16, 2020 1:25 am

felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1273  Postby noncredo » May 16, 2020 5:29 pm

So it's a thing then. That's funny.
Trump 2020
noncredo

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1274  Postby Alan C » May 21, 2020 11:21 pm

They seem to be all in trying to get Cheetolini re-elected, damn the torpedoes.

Fearing defeat Republicans scramble to manufacture controversy

The same article quoted Senate Majority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.) saying, in reference to his party, "I just think that everybody realizes that our fortunes sort of rise or fall together. One thing we have to do is to make sure that we are united on our agenda and make sure that there's not separation between the White House and Republicans in Congress."

And what does that mean in practical terms? Just this week, the Senate Homeland Security Committee, led by White House ally Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), put aside work related to the pandemic and approved a subpoena related to ... Joe Biden's son. This is the same GOP-led panel that's ignored every Trump-era scandal that's erupted since 2017.

Add this to their Susan Rice email own-goal. They also confirmed Ratfucker as DNI because it was either him or let Grenel continue as acting DNI.
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#1275  Postby felltoearth » May 22, 2020 12:14 pm

The same article quoted Senate Majority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.) saying, in reference to his party, "I just think that everybody realizes that our fortunes sort of rise or fall together. One thing we have to do is to make sure that we are united on our agenda and make sure that there's not separation between the White House and Republicans in Congress."

Isn’t that Fascism in principle?
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1276  Postby Alan C » May 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Georgia's Brian Kemp wants to reopen the state while at the same time not allowing an election for a state supreme court seat;

Georgia GOP cancel election for state supreme court

The state of Georgia was supposed to hold an election Tuesday to fill a seat on the state Supreme Court. Justice Keith Blackwell, a Republican whose six-year term expires on the last day of this year, did not plan to run for reelection. The election, between former Democratic Rep. John Barrow and former Republican state lawmaker Beth Beskin, would determine who would fill Blackwell’s seat.

But then something weird happened: Georgia’s Republican Gov. Brian Kemp and the state’s Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, canceled Tuesday’s election. Instead, Kemp will appoint Blackwell’s successor, and that successor will serve for at least two years — ensuring the seat will remain in Republican hands.

On May 14, the state Supreme Court handed down a decision that effectively blessed this scheme to keep Blackwell’s seat in the GOP’s hands. The court’s decision in Barrow v. Raffensperger is unusual in many regards — among other things, six of the state’s regular Supreme Court justices recused from the case, and they were replaced by five lower court judges who sat temporarily on the state’s highest court. The court’s decision in Barrow turns upon poorly drafted language in the state constitution, which does suggest that Blackwell, Kemp, and Raffensperger’s scheme was legal.
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#1277  Postby The_Piper » May 25, 2020 11:27 pm

They're not even pretending to be on the level.

I shudder to think what Maine's fate would be with former so called governor, LePage governing over the pandemic.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1278  Postby felltoearth » May 26, 2020 1:39 am

The_Piper wrote:They're not even pretending to be on the level.

Are you a Freemason? :shifty:
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1279  Postby The_Piper » May 26, 2020 3:12 am

No, if I was going to lay bricks, I'd want money for it. :smoke: :shifty:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1280  Postby Agi Hammerthief » May 26, 2020 4:56 am

Alan C wrote:
... poorly drafted language in the state constitution, ...

just who wrote those constitutions?
looks like a small miracle that Americans don’t have the right to arm bears.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs