Republican Watch

People who say "Democrats are as bad as Republicans" are almost as bad as Republicans.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Republican Watch

#2081  Postby The_Piper » Dec 08, 2021 2:43 am

Most of the democrats in power have spines made of jelly. They're just going to let it all happen, apparently. They're going to let the Trumps get away with everything. Please Mr Woodchuckles make me be wrong. :pray:

I figure this thread is appropriate to catch up with our favorite ex-gay, conservative dickweed, the ultra-spiritual Milo Yiannopoulos.
I only got 3 minutes in, as it's virtually unwatchable. :lol:
$87 for a polyresin statue makes me suspect they're trying to take advantage of the gullible and devout. Milo says if it were real bronze it would cost $100 to ship. That's bullshit, of course.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2082  Postby Alan C » Dec 08, 2021 9:31 pm

Church militant, wtf?
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#2083  Postby The_Piper » Dec 08, 2021 10:01 pm

I just learned of them yesterday. They're a far right radical political/religious grifter organization. They do have a Wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_Militant_(website)

:yuk:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2084  Postby i have no avatar » Dec 09, 2021 4:54 am

Alan C wrote:Church militant, wtf?

jeebus would be so proud!
but i do have a signature
i have no avatar

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2085  Postby The_Piper » Dec 10, 2021 3:18 pm

MSN link - Trump-allied lawyer Rudy Giuliani baselessly claims that he has '900 death certificates' on hand to prove that thousands of dead people voted in the election

So...he has all of this evidence and hasn't produced it, over a year after the election? Obviously, a sane person would produce it immediately to all the major new networks. Does anyone believe his bullshit? Oh wait a minute, I just remembered there are people who think birds aren't real, never mind. :teef:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2086  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 10, 2021 3:26 pm

"Don't tell me it was a perfect election, then I know you're a damn liar," Giuliani added.

Looks like slander.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2087  Postby Arcanyn » Dec 10, 2021 6:27 pm

The_Piper wrote:MSN link - Trump-allied lawyer Rudy Giuliani baselessly claims that he has '900 death certificates' on hand to prove that thousands of dead people voted in the election

So...he has all of this evidence and hasn't produced it, over a year after the election? Obviously, a sane person would produce it immediately to all the major new networks. Does anyone believe his bullshit? Oh wait a minute, I just remembered there are people who think birds aren't real, never mind. :teef:

Well, let's be reasonable. It does take some time to forge 900 death certificates, so he can hardly be expected to have presented them straight away.
Never ascribe to stupidity that which is the logical consequence of malice.
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#2088  Postby Made of Stars » Dec 11, 2021 12:32 pm

Alan C wrote:Church militant, wtf?

The only thing that Church Militant could take down is a jumbo size box of donuts.
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#2089  Postby Alan C » Dec 16, 2021 11:39 pm

Gym Jordan concedes he sent a text to Meadows;

Jim Jordan concedes he sent controversial jan 5 text meadows

The far-right congressman — who was tapped to serve on the Jan. 6 committee before House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected him — raised two points of concern yesterday, both of which he saw as exculpatory.

First, Jordan's office said the text in question, as revealed by investigators, was truncated this week. That's true. The message we saw was sent the day before the attack ad and read, "On January 6, 2021, Vice President Mike Pence, as President of the Senate, should call out all electoral votes that he believes are unconstitutional as no electoral votes at all."

The rest of the text added ostensibly supporting arguments intended to defend the dangerous claim that Pence had the authority to disregard electoral votes Republicans disapproved of.

Second, the Ohioan's office added that Jordan didn't author the text; he simply forwarded the text written by someone else, bringing it to the attention of the then-White House chief of staff.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#2090  Postby The_Piper » Dec 17, 2021 2:08 am

Gym...:tehe:
He already had a history of turning a blind eye to serious crimes before 1/6. I wish people in govt would make more of a stink about it. He's a scumfuck.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2091  Postby BWE » Dec 24, 2021 5:26 am

Bizarre
BWE

Print view this post

#2092  Postby Tortured_Genius » Jan 02, 2022 8:44 pm

The lovely Marjorie Taylor Greene has been at it again and got herself banned from Twitter: Marjorie Taylor Greene: Twitter bans congresswoman over Covid misinformation (BBC)

The congresswoman's ban comes after she had tweeted on Saturday, falsely, about "extremely high amounts of Covid vaccine deaths" in the US.

This whole thing is dripping with even more irony now, as even the sainted Trump himself is telling people to get boosters (to boos from his "supporters") as even the Dear Leader has realised there is a very real demographic associated with Covid deaths - and it's not amongst those communist vaccinated Democrat voters. Apparently MTG hasn't read that memo.

A bad part of me thinks that Twitter ought not have banned her since she seems to be doing her very best to permanently reduce the Republican voter base.
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2093  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 02, 2022 9:30 pm

It's basically a still fairly mild form of Lysenkoism, but also indicative of the dangerous divide between the public and general scientific literacy in the US. When masks become so politicized, there's no reasonable hope that common ground can be reached on other vital areas of governance.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2094  Postby The_Piper » Jan 04, 2022 8:37 pm

Devin Nunes resigned, that little puke. :shifty: Good riddance. He's going to be the CEO of Trump media. Prediction: failure. :lol:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/04/politics/devin-nunes-resigns-from-congress/index.html
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2095  Postby Tortured_Genius » Jan 04, 2022 8:47 pm

So, someone with no experience of media as CEO of Trump Media.

It does fit though with the well established pattern that the only person Trump ever hired who was qualified for the job they were hired for was Stormy Daniels.
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2096  Postby The_Piper » Jan 04, 2022 11:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think that's true.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2097  Postby newolder » Jan 04, 2022 11:47 pm

Guess who:
“In light of the total bias and dishonesty of the January 6th Unselect Committee of Democrats, two failed Republicans, and the Fake News Media, I am canceling the January 6th Press Conference at Mar-a-Lago on Thursday, and instead will discuss many of those important topics at my rally on Saturday, January 15th, in Arizona – It will be a big crowd!”
From The Hill
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#2098  Postby Alan C » Jan 05, 2022 7:31 am

As big as his circle-jerk tour with Bill "tide in and out" Orly?
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#2099  Postby newolder » Jan 05, 2022 9:47 am

Will he get to Arizona by Waaaa!mbulance?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#2100  Postby Tortured_Genius » Jan 05, 2022 3:39 pm

Press Conference: Gathering with journalists who, as well as listening to what you say, will also ask awkward questions.

Rally: Gathering with rabid fans who will willingly lap up whatever shite you come out with, no matter how insane.

Is it really surprising that Donnie has gone for the latter?

Come to think of it, when was the last time he gave an actual press conference to proper journalists?
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs