Republican Watch

People who say "Democrats are as bad as Republicans" are almost as bad as Republicans.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Republican Watch

#2381  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 04, 2022 12:02 am

There was no way I was ever going to move with my family to such a place.

Forty years ago now, I spent my first summer on the gulf coast of Mississippi. One of my favorite things then were the shrimp sandwiches sold from a former shrimp boat that was moved inland a few hundred yards by hurricane Camille in 1969 and had since been turned into a sandwich shop

I knew right then that the gulf coast was no place to live. I saw remains of the damage from that storm some thirteen years afterward.

It takes a special kind of stupid to ignore stuff like that.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2382  Postby Seabass » Oct 10, 2022 8:34 pm

Reminder: obsession with masculinity is a key feature of fascism.

"One movement, one people, one family, and one glorious nation under god!" —Donald Trump
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer!" —Adolf Hitler
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#2383  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 11, 2022 1:56 am

Seabass wrote:Reminder: obsession with masculinity is a key feature of fascism.

She is a candidate for a straitjacket and a padded cell.

What could be a bigger erection generator than A NINETEEN HUNDRED HORSEPOWER HYPERCAR? Such as the Pininfarina Battista?

Italians have been associated with overblown machismo for generations, but I don't see any of them complaining about that being built in their country ... 218 mph not enough for you, sir?
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2384  Postby The_Piper » Oct 11, 2022 1:43 pm

Real men *tm don't feel emasculated by what type of "veehickle" they drive. Those men who question their own manhood, obviously are having manhood issues, and real men *tm don't have manhood issues. :lol: :lol: :tongue: :picard:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2385  Postby Tortured_Genius » Oct 11, 2022 2:37 pm

I'm instantly reminded of this UK cinema advert from 1998 that (undeservedly) got banned after a short run:

Edit: Oh FFS youtube - some twit has marked it as "adult content" for some bare buttocks and a piece of innuendo. (It's the "infamous" Mini advert).
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2386  Postby Seabass » Oct 20, 2022 2:51 pm

Crazy Fox News lady straight up whips out the blood libel on Newsmax.

video:
https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1583069972267696134
"One movement, one people, one family, and one glorious nation under god!" —Donald Trump
Seabass

Print view this post

#2387  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 23, 2022 5:09 pm

Seabass wrote:Crazy Fox News lady straight up whips out the blood libel on Newsmax.

video:
https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1583069972267696134

Makes you wonder what these people will do for an encore ... start distributing their own version of Der Giftpilz ... ???

That video clip you posted comparing the GOP to the KKK is starting to look charitable as time passes.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2388  Postby Seabass » Oct 23, 2022 9:32 pm

Seabass

Print view this post

#2389  Postby Alan C » Oct 24, 2022 6:30 am

Christian Nationalism is getting more and more loudly trumpeted by certain fascist GOP meat puppets. I'm reminded of previous discussions in the past about dominionism, in particular, the questions that naturally arise such as 'which flavour or christianity then? And what happens to all the other ones?'.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#2390  Postby Caper » Oct 24, 2022 1:49 pm

Alan C wrote:Christian Nationalism is getting more and more loudly trumpeted by certain fascist GOP meat puppets. I'm reminded of previous discussions in the past about dominionism, in particular, the questions that naturally arise such as 'which flavour or christianity then? And what happens to all the other ones?'.

Who does not see that the same authority which can establish Christianity, in exclusion of all other Religions, may establish with the same ease any particular sect of Christians, in exclusion of all other Sects?

- James Madison
Caper

Name: Glenn Smith

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2391  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 24, 2022 1:52 pm

Alan C wrote:Christian Nationalism is getting more and more loudly trumpeted by certain fascist GOP meat puppets. I'm reminded of previous discussions in the past about dominionism, in particular, the questions that naturally arise such as 'which flavour or christianity then? And what happens to all the other ones?'.

That's the elementary concept mythology fanboys fail to understand when they rail against "secularism" - namely, that secularism is their best guarantor against being on the receiving end of a murderous theocracy.

But of course, the people for whom a theocracy is a perverse wet dream, never think about this issue properly.

The theocracy wannabees all entertain the smug, complacent idea that they will be the ones running the show, and that they will be the ones subjecting the "heathens" and "heretics" to the thumbscrews and the barbecuing. NONE of them ever ask themselves what life would be like if a rival sect rose to the top in the power struggle, and started subjecting them to the thumbscrews and the barbecuing.

But intellectual indolence of this sort is a well-documented part of the mythology fanboy aetiology.

None of the Torquemada wannabees that multiply like bacteria in warm sewage in the Bible/STD/Meth Belt, paid attention to the requisite history classes, which taught us all an important lesson. Namely, that the moment a group of mythology fanboys rises to power, the body count they rack up includes members of rival sects, and in the past, predominantly included members of rival sects, not least because after they started on their trajectory of mass murder, there weren't any "atheists" or "pagans" left in many places.

To keep the circus going, the mythology fanboys in question had to keep inventing ever more synthetic "enemies" to whip up hatred against, until eventually. here in Europe, we became sufficiently sick and tired of their conduct to launch the Enlightenment, and start reining in their florid and pathological behaviour. Secularism was invented precisely to stop mythology fanboys from behaving like spoiled brats with no control over their bloodlust.

Trouble is, I suspect the requisite collections of mythology fanboys in the USA will have to learn these lessons the hard way. The creepy Dominionists aren't the only group of Torquemada wannabees itching to fire up their own version of the Inquisition, but they're currently the best financed and most well-connected politically, though even that head start doesn't guarantee that they'll end up being the rulers of Gilead.

Indeed, one of the shocks that will come to some, will be to discover that they transition overnight from being useful dupes, to competition to be eliminated. Though I suspect those lining themselves up for that shock never read Machiavelli.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2392  Postby Caper » Oct 24, 2022 1:55 pm

Calilasseia wrote:

That's the elementary concept mythology fanboys fail to understand when they rail against "secularism" - namely, that secularism is their best guarantor against being on the receiving end of a murderous theocracy.

But of course, the people for whom a theocracy is a perverse wet dream, never think about this issue properly.

The theocracy wannabees all entertain the smug, complacent idea that they will be the ones running the show, and that they will be the ones subjecting the "heathens" and "heretics" to the thumbscrews and the barbecuing. NONE of them ever ask themselves what life would be like if a rival sect rose to the top in the power struggle, and started subjecting them to the thumbscrews and the barbecuing.

But intellectual indolence of this sort is a well-documented part of the mythology fanboy aetiology.

None of the Torquemada wannabees that multiply like bacteria in warm sewage in the Bible/STD/Meth Belt, paid attention to the requisite history classes, which taught us all an important lesson. Namely, that the moment a group of mythology fanboys rises to power, the body count they rack up includes members of rival sects, and in the past, predominantly included members of rival sects, not least because after they started on their trajectory of mass murder, there weren't any "atheists" or "pagans" left in many places.

To keep the circus going, the mythology fanboys in question had to keep inventing ever more synthetic "enemies" to whip up hatred against, until eventually. here in Europe, we became sufficiently sick and tired of their conduct to launch the Enlightenment, and start reining in their florid and pathological behaviour. Secularism was invented precisely to stop mythology fanboys from behaving like spoiled brats with no control over their bloodlust.

Trouble is, I suspect the requisite collections of mythology fanboys in the USA will have to learn these lessons the hard way. The creepy Dominionists aren't the only group of Torquemada wannabees itching to fire up their own version of the Inquisition, but they're currently the best financed and most well-connected politically, though even that head start doesn't guarantee that they'll end up being the rulers of Gilead.

Indeed, one of the shocks that will come to some, will be to discover that they transition overnight from being useful dupes, to competition to be eliminated. Though I suspect those lining themselves up for that shock never read Machiavelli.

Or James Madison.
(above)
Caper

Name: Glenn Smith

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2393  Postby The_Piper » Dec 06, 2022 9:57 pm

Stand up comedian...I mean congresswoman Greene. As Beau would say, and I'll also refer to her as "Jewish space lasers lady". AKA Marjorie Traitor-Greene, etc. :lol:
She has no clue that electric planes already exist and function. "President" Trudeau of Canada ordered some. She's a disgrace. But at least it makes for some dark humor occasionally.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2394  Postby Cito di Pense » Dec 07, 2022 4:39 pm

Submitted without comment:

Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#2395  Postby The_Piper » Dec 08, 2022 3:24 pm

(double post)
Last edited by The_Piper on Dec 09, 2022 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2396  Postby The_Piper » Dec 08, 2022 3:25 pm

Kanye: "I will eventually be president, you know, in my lifetime." :lol: :lol:
That sounds like a Yogi Berra quote if he had an oversized ego. Except Yogi was smart and not a racist, far as I know.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2397  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 08, 2022 4:05 pm

The cover shot on that YouTube video of MTG makes her look as if a disturbed 7 year old girl melted her Barbie doll in a pizza oven ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2398  Postby The_Piper » Dec 09, 2022 3:43 am

That's her happy face. :lol: :teef:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2399  Postby The_Piper » Dec 09, 2022 4:12 pm

She's just awful. Democrats get a tiny majority, so Sinema will get to remain relevant by leaving the party and becoming an "independent" with a capital R. Hopefully she'll lose her next election. Cause she "doesn't fit into any party Bahx." Arizonans don't fit neatly into any political bahx, etc etc. Same old story. To channel Spearthrower, look at her! She's special!
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2400  Postby Alan C » Dec 10, 2022 5:54 am

So far the opinions I've seen suggest this is pure self-serving to protect herself from any Democrat challenger as there may be a risk of splitting the vote. Seems her polling is miserable among people there that vote Democrat and she'll have to lean even more on corporate donors.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs